Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Next announcement

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am

bloodfiend wrote:They only did one date at the O2.

My mistake.
Alter Bridge are at the top of BOA's reach, but they're still a realistic headliner. Especially as they've managed to get Judas Priest, who likely charge more than AB.

I doubt that.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:46 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Are you mad? Do you realize how big Alter Bridge are? They sold out a couple of nights at the O2 Arena last year. They're far too big for Bloodstock and will probably headline Download in a couple of years. Did it occur to you that Vicky might just be a fan of Alter Bridge?

They only did one date at the O2.

Alter Bridge are at the top of BOA's reach, but they're still a realistic headliner. Especially as they've managed to get Judas Priest, who likely charge more than AB.

Agreed. If Bloodstock can nab Priest, I don't see any reason why Alter Bridge would be out of reach. Don't think they've headlined a UK festival yet either? Another announcement coming next week, what are everyone's predictions?
Last edited by Jay1993 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:46 am

PowerThrash wrote:According to Vicky's twiiter page there is going to be an announcement next
week.

:)

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:58 am

Jay1993 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Are you mad? Do you realize how big Alter Bridge are? They sold out a couple of nights at the O2 Arena last year. They're far too big for Bloodstock and will probably headline Download in a couple of years. Did it occur to you that Vicky might just be a fan of Alter Bridge?

They only did one date at the O2.

Agreed. If Bloodstock can nab Priest, I don't see any reason why Alter Bridge would be out of reach. Don't think they've headlined a UK festival yet either? Another announcement coming next week, what are everyone's predictions?

Alterbridge aren't a Bloodstock band, so they can fuck right off.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Agreed. If Bloodstock can nab Priest, I don't see any reason why Alter Bridge would be out of reach. Don't think they've headlined a UK festival yet either? Another announcement coming next week, what are everyone's predictions?

Alter Bridge play much bigger venues than Judas Priest play. It's the same argument for Rammstein - they play arenas in the UK with greater capacities than Bloodstock so they're too big. It's not rocket science.

Gandalf the Red wrote:Alterbridge aren't a Bloodstock band, so they can fuck right off.

I agree - they're not the right sort of band who should headline Bloodstock. They're a good band, but the wrong one. And far too big.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Alter Bridge play much bigger venues than Judas Priest play. It's the same argument for Rammstein - they play arenas in the UK with greater capacities than Bloodstock so they're too big. It's not rocket science.

You can't base everything on Alter Bridge having played the O2 - on that tour they were supported by Volbeat and Gojira, both of whom have massive support themselves and would have significantly contributed to ticket sales. I very much doubt AB would have sold it out just by themselves. Looking at setlist.fm, Alter Bridge's last 2 London gigs in 2011 and 2013 were both at Wembley Arena, which is the kind of venue Judas Priest would play.

They aren't too big for Bloodstock.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Would Judas Priest play the Manchester Arena though?

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:53 pm

robin8585 wrote:
PowerThrash wrote:According to Vicky's twitter page there is going to be an announcement next week

After the shows that have just gone, could be looking at some of: Satyricon, Alcest, Anathema, Bolzer, Archgoat and Svartidaudi. Alcest would be appreciated as couldn't go.

Maybe they want to aim a bit higher up the bill. Maybe Exodus, Devin, or a Sophie headliner?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Alterbridge aren't a Bloodstock band, so they can fuck right off.

I would be surprised if Alter Bridge were in consideration but just to play devil's advocate, as someone who attended the Bloodstock indoor festivals, bands like Gojira aren't 'Bloodstock bands' either as far as I'm concerned so they too can 'fuck right off'

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Agreed. If Bloodstock can nab Priest, I don't see any reason why Alter Bridge would be out of reach. Don't think they've headlined a UK festival yet either? Another announcement coming next week, what are everyone's predictions?

Alter Bridge play much bigger venues than Judas Priest play. It's the same argument for Rammstein - they play arenas in the UK with greater capacities than Bloodstock so they're too big. It's not rocket science.

I agree - they're not the right sort of band who should headline Bloodstock. They're a good band, but the wrong one. And far too big.

The Bloodstock team are always looking ahead for new future headliners and there seems to be a pattern of them checking these bands out on separate tour dates before booking them e.g. Ghost and Gojira. I don't think Alter Bridge are unrealistic, especially considering the extra income that will be generated next year with Priest headlining and the festival increasing their capacity.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:39 pm

bloodfiend wrote: at Wembley Arena, which is the kind of venue Judas Priest would play.

I was at the 'Priest Feast' Wembley gig, which had Megadeth and Testament supporting. It sold quite poorly, if I recall correctly there was a curtain/board put up hiding the last third of the standing area and there were lots of empty seats.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:59 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:

I would be surprised if Alter Bridge were in consideration but just to play devil's advocate, as someone who attended the Bloodstock indoor festivals, bands like Gojira aren't 'Bloodstock bands' either as far as I'm concerned so they too can 'fuck right off'

Now I don't like Gojira as I think they are poor. But in what way aren't Gojira a Bloodstock band?

If you went to the first Bloodstock you will remember they had such Power Metal bands as Sabbat, Consumed, Underule, Occupational Hazard, Bloodstream and Evoke

The idea that Bloodstock was just a Power and Traditional Metal festival is bollocks.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Jay1993 wrote:The Bloodstock team are always looking ahead for new future headliners and there seems to be a pattern of them checking these bands out on separate tour dates before booking them e.g. Ghost and Gojira. I don't think Alter Bridge are unrealistic, especially considering the extra income that will be generated next year with Priest headlining and the festival increasing their capacity.

Gojira first played Bloodstock years ago though. It's not like they've just appeared and got booked as headliners. As for Ghost, then that was a waste of space. Terrible band.

Alter Bridge aren't even a Metal band. Even their own publicity calls them an Alternative Rock band. Let Download have them.

But I don't understand why we are even discussing them as they aren't going to be in the next announcement.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:01 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Alter Bridge's last 2 London gigs in 2011 and 2013 were both at Wembley Arena, which is the kind of venue Judas Priest would play.

The last two times Judas Priest have played in London it's been Hammersmith Apollo and Brixton Academy. Not small venues of course, but not arenas either. Alter Bridge play bigger venues.

Soze wrote:I was at the 'Priest Feast' Wembley gig, which had Megadeth and Testament supporting. It sold quite poorly, if I recall correctly there was a curtain/board put up hiding the last third of the standing area and there were lots of empty seats.

I think it was the same in Glasgow on that tour. Great show overall but the seats were hidden behind massive curtains.

Gandalf the Red wrote:Alter Bridge aren't even a Metal band. Even their own publicity calls them an Alternative Rock band. Let Download have them.

But I don't understand why we are even discussing them as they aren't going to be in the next announcement.

I agree that they're not a Metal band. I still think they're great though, but not a Bloodstock band. They'll probably headline Download the next time they release an album.

We're talking about them because someone thinks that Vicky going to see them means they'll be headlining Bloodstock 2019, which is nonsense of course.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:Alter Bridge's last 2 London gigs in 2011 and 2013 were both at Wembley Arena, which is the kind of venue Judas Priest would play.

The last two times Judas Priest have played in London it's been Hammersmith Apollo and Brixton Academy. Not small venues of course, but not arenas either. Alter Bridge play bigger venues.

Soze wrote:I was at the 'Priest Feast' Wembley gig, which had Megadeth and Testament supporting. It sold quite poorly, if I recall correctly there was a curtain/board put up hiding the last third of the standing area and there were lots of empty seats.

I think it was the same in Glasgow on that tour. Great show overall but the seats were hidden behind massive curtains.

Gandalf the Red wrote:Alter Bridge aren't even a Metal band. Even their own publicity calls them an Alternative Rock band. Let Download have them.

I agree that they're not a Metal band. I still think they're great though, but not a Bloodstock band. They'll probably headline Download the next time they release an album.

We're talking about them because someone thinks that Vicky going to see them means they'll be headlining Bloodstock 2019, which is nonsense of course.

Jeez I'm not saying Alter Bridge will definitely be headlining in 2019 on the basis of Vicky going to see them :lol: As you said, she may just like them. I think there's potential for them to turn up at some point though...