Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:01 pm

PowerThrash wrote:According to Vicky's twiiter page there is going to be an announcement next.

:rock:

hitting the ground running this year then compared to last year's, shall be interesting.

All this fuss over such a middle of the road band like Alter Bridge I can't help but laugh :lol: Too big for BOA now, if they were to play it would of been a few years ago, can't see how headlining BOA will help them now on their upward trajectory.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:50 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Alterbridge aren't a Bloodstock band, so they can fuck right off.

I would be surprised if Alter Bridge were in consideration but just to play devil's advocate, as someone who attended the Bloodstock indoor festivals, bands like Gojira aren't 'Bloodstock bands' either as far as I'm concerned so they too can 'fuck right off'

Now I don't like Gojira as I think they are poor. But in what way aren't Gojira a Bloodstock band?

If you went to the first Bloodstock you will remember they had such Power Metal bands as Sabbat, Consumed, Underule, Occupational Hazard, Bloodstream and Evoke

The idea that Bloodstock was just a Power and Traditional Metal festival is bollocks.

Like I said, I was simply playing devil's advocate to show that what's considered a 'Bloodstock band' is far more subjective than people think it is.

As for the bands you mentioned, apart from Sabbat, the rest are nobodies who didn't shift any tickets (and Sabbat are far close to power/traditional metal than Gojira are). The big bands that Bloodstock used to book in those days were of the Power/Traditional variety and they're the ones that shifted the tickets. Gojira now occupy that same slot as headliners, hence the comparison.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:23 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Would Judas Priest play the Manchester Arena though?

No - although the arena is one of the biggest in Europe when full, but bands do play with curtains up on the top tier or with the stage on the halfway line. Priest did get booked into there as part of the Priest Feast debacle, but got downgraded to the much smaller Apollo - not a bad size but they didn't sell out one night, when their first tour with Rob back they filled it over two nights.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:50 pm

someone else wrote:

No - although the arena is one of the biggest in Europe when full, but bands do play with curtains up on the top tier or with the stage on the halfway line. Priest did get booked into there as part of the Priest Feast debacle, but got downgraded to the much smaller Apollo - not a bad size but they didn't sell out one night, when their first tour with Rob back they filled it over two nights.

The what? :?

Most bands get a bump in popularity when they reform though, is it really that surprising that they then dipped a bit afterwards?

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:42 pm

A few more bands added to Inferno fest:

http://www.infernofestival.net/no/festi ... edule.aspx

Reckon we'll see any of these announced next week?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:38 am

I hope not. :P

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:33 am

Jay1993 wrote:A few more bands added to Inferno fest:

Headliners already announced, so I can't see Emperor being booked as they'd only headline.

Satyricon maybe, as their UK tour will have finished by then, but I really hope not, their last 4 albums have been terrible and they never play the old stuff anymore.

Obituary played last yeah so they ain't happening, Electric Wizard maybe, but BOA have always avoided them. Katatonia, Carpathian Forest and Tsjuder would all be great, but BOA are more likely to go for turd like Dark Funeral.

I'd like to see Nordjevel booked again next next, I know they played this year, but it was on the New Blood stage for some wierd reason and they clashed with BG.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 am

Just keep in mind the festival is in March/April so some bands may have already done their European run for the year/won't be around in August. Nordjevel might play again this year if they were well received enough as BOA have a good habit of putting one NB from the previous year on the Sophie stage on the Thursday.

Personally, discounting Obituary who played this year I'd take Katatonia and Grave out of that, some good bands but ones I've seen (and played BOA) quite alot recently

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:51 am

houston4044 wrote:Just keep in mind the festival is in March/April so some bands may have already done their European run for the year/won't be around in August. Nordjevel might play again this year if they were well received enough as BOA have a good habit of putting one NB from the previous year on the Sophie stage on the Thursday.

Raised By Owls are more likely to be bumped up to the Sophie, because they went down ridiculously well and completely rammed the New Blood tent out.

Nordjevel got a bit of a raw deal, cos they're an established and well know band on a sizeable record label, but for some reason they got put on the stage for unsigned bands; they were easily worthy of a Sophie slot, and possibly even an opening slot on the main stage. Would like to see them back on the right stage.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

Black Wizard wrote:I hope not. :P

Agreed, would happily have a Bloodstock without any of those bands

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:56 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Raised By Owls are more likely to be bumped up to the Sophie, because they went down ridiculously well and completely rammed the New Blood tent out.

Quite a few of those were doing what I was doing and avoiding the mainstage band though. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Other than Memoriam who I'm not a fan of I would take literally all of those bands.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:57 pm

houston4044 wrote:
someone else wrote:

The what? :?

Most bands get a bump in popularity when they reform though, is it really that surprising that they then dipped a bit afterwards?

They booked the Priest Feast into Arenas, hoping that Megadeth and Testament would boost but it was a disaster - gigs were cancelled and Manchester was downgraded into the Apollo - from a 20k venue to a 4K one. You have a point about a first reunion tour, but to sell less than half the tickets you did when touring the next album is a bit more than 'a dip' when you're booked to fill a venue with twice as many seats
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:57 pm

That lineup though. :love:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Considering Carpathian Forest are at Brutal Assault then I reckon they're booked.
I see the bad moon arising.