Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Soze » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:42 pm

A final shout out in this, the most popular forum thread! I'll be sorting through the album of the year results at around 7pm tonight, if anyone who hasn't voted wants to, now is your last chance! Thread is in the metal section (titled album of the year 2017 part 2)...we have 25 voters so far...get on, let's push it to 30!!

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Happy with ATG, surprised to see them as Sunday SG though. Didn't think they were that big.

Exhorder are decent, will watch clashes allowing

The other 2 are not my thing at all.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Download announcement has leaked...Cradle of Filth, Kreator, Myrkur, Meshuggah, Dragonforce, Corrosion of Conformity, Savage Messiah, Hatebreed...all bands that would have been possibilities for Bloodstock. Babymetal too, just in case anyone was still worried about that final special guest slot :lol:

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Thank F*ck they don't have Helloween. Kreator, Cradle, Myrkur and Savage Messiah would have all swung my BOA ticket :(

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Soze wrote:Download announcement has leaked...Cradle of Filth, Kreator, Myrkur, Meshuggah, Dragonforce, Corrosion of Conformity, Savage Messiah, Hatebreed...all bands that would have been possibilities for Bloodstock. Babymetal too, just in case anyone was still worried about that final special guest slot :lol:

:lol: You seem to be forgetting Bloodstock could just announce the SG after Download.
I see the bad moon arising.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Bit annoyed DL got Zeal & Ardor. Oh well.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:36 pm

I'm pleased with ATG and thrilled at Exhorder, no idea who the other two bands are though (could swear Sangre have played BOA before though?). It's an alright enough announcement, nothing to get me to jump out of my seat about overall.

Would have to say DL have the more exciting announcement today (though, they had the advantage all the way what with 65 bands :lol: ).

Am I right in thinking Exhorder will clash with Gojira? Would suit me fine as at the moment my Saturday night seems to be ending very early

They seem dead set to repeat 15's problem though, having a headliner (Nightwish) with a undercard not totally suited to them.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 pm

houston4044 wrote:I'm pleased with ATG and thrilled at Exhorder, no idea who the other two bands are though (could swear Sangre have played BOA before though?). It's an alright enough announcement, nothing to get me to jump out of my seat about overall.

Would have to say DL have the more exciting announcement today (though, they had the advantage all the way what with 65 bands :lol: ).

Am I right in thinking Exhorder will clash with Gojira? Would suit me fine as at the moment my Saturday night seems to be ending very early

They seem dead set to repeat 15's problem though, having a headliner (Nightwish) with a undercard not totally suited to them.

Exhorder are special guests on the Sophie stage so will clash with the special guest on the main stage if anyone :)

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:08 am

Probably not gonna bother this year
Which means its the first year since 08 I have been able to afford to but choosing not to
Holding out for the ArcTanGent lineup and hoping that's a corker

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 am

houston4044 wrote:Am I right in thinking Exhorder will clash with Gojira? Would suit me fine as at the moment my Saturday night seems to be ending very early

I doubt they're going to break with previous years and have anything clash with the main stage headliner. I get why they do it, but it does mean a big break before the Sophie headliner if you're not interested in the mainstage one.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Exhorder are special guests on the Sophie stage so will clash with the special guest on the main stage if anyone :)

cheers :yes:

robin8585 wrote:
I doubt they're going to break with previous years and have anything clash with the main stage headliner. I get why they do it, but it does mean a big break before the Sophie headliner if you're not interested in the mainstage one.

Typical, started to get into Orphaned Land and that means I'm going to have a large gap between them and Exhorder :lol:

I'm still on the fence with the line up (the lack of thrash is annoying) but still a fair few names to go yet

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:57 pm

I am doing ok with bands I want to see this year but I really want some thrash added to the bill.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:27 pm

There was loads of Thrash last year. Don't be greedy! :P

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:55 pm

I reckon that Thrash has been very poorly represented for the last few years. Most of the bands that are getting called Thrash aren't even Thrash. It seems that if they are "a bit noisy" then they must be Thrash. :rolleyes:

All academic anyway, as if Lily Fucking Allen gets her way then all festivals would have to have at least 50% female acts. By law. She still wouldn't get booked for any. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 pm

We need Holy Moses - a tick in both boxes there!