Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Soze » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:52 am

bloodfiend wrote:I can't see either Sepultura or Primal Fear being booked unless they can get them both very cheaply, no one really cares about either of them these days, and I can't see many people buying tickets on the strength of them being booked.

Sepultura got a really big crowd last time they played Bloodstock and completed a well attended UK tour last year. I'm completely indifferent to them nowadays but I think they'd be well received. Primal Fear are very unlikely, played to one man and a dog last time and just aren't big enough here.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 am

Exodus, Marduk and Accept please.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 am

Soze wrote:Sepultura completed a well attended UK tour last year.

They played two dates as support to Kreator. Their UK tour is in March this year.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:28 am

Soze wrote:Kreator, Megadeth, Havok, Xentrix, Testament and Municipal Waste (although the latter sometimes get called crossover or whatever, they still sound thrash to me!). You could also make a reasonable argument for Annihilator and Possessed (who were always called thrash back in the day).

Huh? In which universe could you make an argument for Annihilator being called another other than thrash? To me, they (along with Kreator) are probably the most clear cut thrash band of the lot.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:06 pm

Forgot Body Count are doing Download, looking at the poster so are COC so they are both probably ruled out. I reckon out of Sepultura and Exodus the latter are more likely. I think Sepultura would get a good crowd though if they are announced later, particularly if there isn't much thrash on the bill. I'm predicting Evil Scarecrow headlining the Thursday night :lol:

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Jay1993 wrote:I'm predicting Evil Scarecrow headlining the Thursday night :lol:

That would work out well for me considering I won't be getting there til Friday :D

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Soze wrote:Sepultura completed a well attended UK tour last year.

They played two dates as support to Kreator. Their UK tour is in March this year.

Time flies as you get older, a bit of googling shows the tour I was thinking of was in 2015 :lol:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Tet wrote:Huh? In which universe could you make an argument for Annihilator being called another other than thrash? To me, they (along with Kreator) are probably the most clear cut thrash band of the lot.

Nah, a great deal of Annihilator's work is groove or just plain metal, I'd only cherry pick their first couple of albums and random other songs as clear cut thrash. They're certainly don't fit as comfortably within the tag as the likes of Testament, Megadeth, Xentrix or Havok. Although granted the first two dabbled with other genres, particularly in the 90s.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Sepultura: To make up for the lack of thrash so far!

That wouldn't make up for it... :eyes:

I'd rather have a smaller thrash band on the Sophie stage who will likely play 30-40mins of thrash than Sepultura who'll likely play 10-15mins of thrash and then 25 mins of their other stuff.

To add to the list of bands who have recently finishing or will soon be finishing a tour
Dr Living Dead, Rezet, Chromanic, Nile, Terrorizer, Exarsis, Pestilence

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Nile or Pestilence would be welcome
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:18 pm

I'd be happy with some decent folk/thrash/doom/power metal. Exodus, Attic, Blues Pills, Blood Ceremony, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Turisas, Rhapsody, Helloween, Running Wild, Sacred Reich, Electric Wizard, Pallbearer, Nebula, Primal Fear, Iced Earth, or even someone like Rock Goddess for a heritage band.

Something I can have a sing along to would be good, there's not much like that beyond Priest and Doro thus far.

Also if we must have hardcore bands these days can we actually have some good ones, and not just a variation on the frankly rubbish Hatebreed. Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, DOA, Broken Bones, Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, DRI etc would be much better.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am

I have a feeling today's announcement is going to a pretty small one. As far as I can see they haven't even mentioned that it's happening anywhere on the official social media pages. If they were going to announce some big names, surely they'd want to create some hype beforehand

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 am

Some decent ones there for the Sophie stage.

Another non-metal band for the main stage.
Last edited by jwh20 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:11 am

Have never heard any of them - youtube time!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Hotchilidog
Powermetal Child

Postby Hotchilidog » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 am

Delighted to see King Leviathan make it to the Sophie stage following their superb New Blood showing a few years back. Get to see them quite a bit in Brighton, they'll put on a good show.