VIP camping and tent sizes

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Jedbo
Lowly Peon

VIP camping and tent sizes

Postby Jedbo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:53 pm

I'd like to get my usual early bird tickets and upgrade later to VIP (I usually slum it). There's mention of a max tent size of four berth in the info,mine is five. If I have to get a new tent as well as tickets it's gonna be very expensive. Has anyone ever heard of a tent being disallowed? I'm guessing not,it's not really in the BOA spirit so I'm calling this one BS, thoughts please.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: VIP camping and tent sizes

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:00 pm

I have done VIP the last 2 years and can honestly say I have never seen anyone get queried on their tent size.

The only thing I saw on the Thurs this year was folk getting a gentle word about puting a gazebo up.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:07 am

Used to be more of an issue before VIP got expanded but the last couple of years you wouldn't have had problems.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Jedbo
Lowly Peon

Postby Jedbo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply, 2 more questions. Does VIP have a dedicated carpark and if so how far is it from the camp? Thanks again.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 am

A dedicated VIP car park is across the road from VIP campsite, next to the VIP box office.

Approx 2 mins walk from there to the campsite via a path through some trees. Can be a bit rough underfoot and carry barrows can be hired at the box office if you have a lot of stuff to lug from your car to your tent.

Jedbo
Lowly Peon

Postby Jedbo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Sound, thanks for the info,see you in 51 weeks.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:58 pm

I think there should be a series of security questions asked prior to allowing people to purchase a VIP ticket. Some examples:

1. Here is a cold burger that someone has taken a bite out of. Do you
A - Throw it at the nearest tent with great abandon for the bin jousting is about to start
B- Attempt to fornicate with it on one of the pathways
C - Question why someone would give you such a thing and dispose of it in the nearest bin

2. It has been four days and you have fallen victim to an unfortunate fall in piss soaked mud. Is your reaction
A - Fuck it, it's a festival. Go find the nearest cleanish person and infect them with your diseased self
B - Head for the most pit, it'll rub off. Nevermind the blood
C - Go and get changed and smother yourself and hand sanitizer

3. You have just pooped for all that is unholy and filled up the toilet. Do you
A - Smear it all over the walls like some mid-break lunatic
B - Add a tonne of toilet paper to intentionally block it up. You funny as fuck fucker you!
C - Vow not to go for the [Insert dodgy thing here] again

4. It's Monday morning. It's been an awesome weekend. It is time to pack up for home. Do you
A - Take a dump on someone's tent, destroy yours cuz fuck taking it home and piss on the closed food stand before heading for the coach
B - Emerge from a tent, possibly yours, stained in all manner of miscellaneous matter and drag your stinking carcass towards the coach pick up point
C - Calmy tidy the area you have inhabited, taking care to take your bin bags to the bin and carefully dismantle your tent maintaining the dignity you have upheld all weekend, leaving spotless campsite area whilst bemoaning your neighbour's for leaving a couple of Fosters cans lying around.

Mostly A's: Welcome to Midgard. Your life of debauchery and potential disease awaits you!

Mostly B's: You're not quite VIP Material, but Ironwood will tolerate you just about. Though if you find yourself in Midgard, you may well just be quite at home.

Mostly C's: Welcome to VIP. A galaxy of fine ales and hot showers awaits ye :)

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm

It's not real VIP if you have to pay to get in. :P

"Tickets please"
"My face is my ticket"
"That's good as I'm punching tickets"
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 am

We've taken an 8 person tent for years and had 4·7 people in it
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

MattiusV
Lowly Peon

Postby MattiusV » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 am

JPMC wrote:I think there should be a series of security questions asked prior to allowing people to purchase a VIP ticket. Some examples:

1. Here is a cold burger that someone has taken a bite out of. Do you
A - Throw it at the nearest tent with great abandon for the bin jousting is about to start
B- Attempt to fornicate with it on one of the pathways
C - Question why someone would give you such a thing and dispose of it in the nearest bin

2. It has been four days and you have fallen victim to an unfortunate fall in piss soaked mud. Is your reaction
A - Fuck it, it's a festival......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'm chaos, I'm disaster, I am pain, sweet disorder, anarchy, go insane"

Everdreamer1990
Lowly Peon

Postby Everdreamer1990 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 am

I was going to ask about tent sizes as I've not done VIP before & the website says you'll be asked to take your tent down if larger than your party.

Myself & my friend are going & we want to share a tent instead of bringing one each. He's a guy & I'm not lol so we wanted seperate sleeping "bedrooms" & found a decent 4 man tent with 2 rooms & a middle part ideal for sitting in if it rains.

I was worried we'd not be able to use something like that but none of you see it being an issue?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am

I honestly don't see a larger tent being an issue as there is plenty room in VIP since they expanded it. If you are arriving on Thurs or Fri there should be lots of room.

I have seen a group of 3 guys who had a massive tent (at least a 6 person if not bigger) and security certainly weren't bothered.

Everdreamer1990
Lowly Peon

Postby Everdreamer1990 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:47 am

That's great thanks. We'll be arriving Thursday afternoon so it's good to know.

We stayed in Hel last time & struggled to find a spot, even on the Thursday. I'm so excited to do VIP this year.