Request - New entrance to the camping sites

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
welshrune
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Request - New entrance to the camping sites

Postby welshrune » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Wouldn't it be great if a new entrance could be made from one of the camping fields to the road, making the distance from the cars to the tents much shorter...

Seems stupid to me the route from cars to the fields given the straight line distance is much shorter...

Could be for those already been through the first time etc.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... ME.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Request - New entrance to the camping sites

Postby Bizza » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:58 pm

I've mentioned this a couple of times on here, it does need to happen. Bearded Theory Festival have an entrance at the bottom of the field Bloodstock use as the quiet camp so it can be done.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 am

So why as it not been done? I would have to agree this would save a lot of walking to the car from tent. Would this not ease ques at the main entrance.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:27 am

Definitely needed. Mainly to increase the gate capacity and lower the queues

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 pm

The benevolent me would say that it has not been done because not enough people have complained.

The cynical me would say that it would encourage more people to carry more of their own food and drink, reducing the profit of the festival so it will never happen :lol:

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:31 pm

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:The benevolent me would say that it has not been done because not enough people have complained.

The cynical me would say that it would encourage more people to carry more of their own food and drink, reducing the profit of the festival so it will never happen :lol:

I can see yea point about the food but they can bring in the same rule as they do with bringing alchole into the arena.

welshrune

Postby welshrune » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 am

It would take very minor work to pull the secondary entrance together, and as mentioned if only for those already been through the main entrance for their wrist ribbons, its relatively easy to flag people through the secondary entrance. I believe this would more than halve the distance between the parking areas and the fields, for a relatively small price, especially when they've stopped the drop off area they originally had near the main entrance, so people have to now carry their stuff the whole distance.

Hope this is considered.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... ME.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:20 pm

It's the right thing to do.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:24 am

Definitely needs sorting.... I purchased a trolley to get all my crap n booze to hel from car park n that route being on the side of a hill made it totally not worth while and was in all fairness a health and safety issue.
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Something needs to happen, the way it was re-jigged for 2017 where even the drop-off was a mile away from the entrance was pretty ridiculous and harsh considering the drop off doesn't even need a large space to operate.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 am

Danroush wrote:Something needs to happen, the way it was re-jigged for 2017 where even the drop-off was a mile away from the entrance was pretty ridiculous and harsh considering the drop off doesn't even need a large space to operate.

As far as I know the drop off was moved due to security concerns not due to space

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:25 am

Cassius wrote:
Danroush wrote:Something needs to happen, the way it was re-jigged for 2017 where even the drop-off was a mile away from the entrance was pretty ridiculous and harsh considering the drop off doesn't even need a large space to operate.

As far as I know the drop off was moved due to security concerns not due to space

Yeah, unless the security situation is different this year they're not going to be moving it any closer I don't think.

red_death
Definitely Not Nu

Postby red_death » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 am

Moving the drop off point may have been done at the suggestion of security, but it is difficult to see what benefit it has from a security perspective (if they are concerned about someone ramming a vehicle into people would that have been prevented - there was still vehicle access).

The biggest problem this year was simply that they didn't have enough space or staff to check people as they entered. The queues even at what should have been quiet times were ridiculous. One of the joys of BS (for me) has been that it has always been a bit more low key and relaxed - if the staff and facilities can't keep up with the increased security requirements and the increased number of people coming to the festival then it starts to become a mini DL (which I don't think anyone wants).

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am

From what I can make out, I think it's done to preserve the idea of the quiet camp. If the quiet camp is the first one you turn up at, chances are this is where most people will stop off and suddenly the quiet camp isn't so quiet any more. The notion of the quiet camp requiring an effort to actually go to is my thinking why it's done.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 pm

JPMC wrote:From what I can make out, I think it's done to preserve the idea of the quiet camp. If the quiet camp is the first one you turn up at, chances are this is where most people will stop off and suddenly the quiet camp isn't so quiet any more. The notion of the quiet camp requiring an effort to actually go to is my thinking why it's done.

As a quiet camper myself I would be worried about how the addition of an entrance off Hel would effect the quietness. Especially as a lot of people from Midgaard would probably be going in and out of Hel to use the entrance to get more booze from their cars!