Sophie stage post-band entertainment feedback

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Sophie stage post-band entertainment feedback

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:10 am

gregmonsta wrote: Movies, comedians, performance art and DJ's on a non-predictable cyle sounds good.

They had a movie showing in the Sophie tent in 2010 in the daytime but it was crap, it was the horrendous Suck, it was still a good idea though, as it provided a bit of chill out time. Doubt they'll do that again though, as there's so many bands on the Sophie now. A separate film tent would be a good option though.

It doesn't need to be too much of a circus in the tent in the evenings, just some comedians and maybe karioke is fine before doing into music; it's the end of the fest so people want a bit of drunk rock out before bed. What's been long since established is the 4DJOTA are dogshit and don't fulfil the needs of the people and aren't doing their job properly; people campaign on here every year for them either to improve or be replaced, but nothing ever happens.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:11 pm

My own 2 cents.

I shamefully enjoyed the silent disco in the VIP bar more than I thought. The 90s nostalgia tunes were a very welcome break from the metal onslaught of the day. And no, I'm not ashamed to dad-dance to a bit of Ragga Tip or Ebeneezer Goode.

The fire ladies in the SOPHIE tent were awesome but could probably use a little bit of expansion or maybe a longer set. I quite enjoyed it for what it was, impressive to say the least. More like that.

I've never endured the 4 DJs sets so can't comment.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing an all out rave/trip hop/electronic music club type thing on at least one of the nights in the SOPHIE tent maybe. Not all night, maybe an hour or so? I know most of the guys and girls I go with used to frequent those sorts of clubs in our youth and it's good music to let loose to and be a bit silly.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:56 pm

JPMC wrote:I wouldn't actually mind seeing an all out rave/trip hop/electronic music club type thing on at least one of the nights in the SOPHIE tent maybe. Not all night, maybe an hour or so? I know most of the guys and girls I go with used to frequent those sorts of clubs in our youth and it's good music to let loose to and be a bit silly.

How about no. Or more directly, fuck off! Come back and then fuck off again!!!

If you want stuff like that then go to Creamfields or whatever. Most of us attend to escape that sort of shit. It's three or four days without shit pop music for fucks sake.

It was bad enough the rides playing pop music a few years ago, now we've got someone actually asking for dance music. :rolleyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Yeah fuck having a rave tent. How many dance festivals have a death metal tent I wonder?!

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:18 pm

JPMC wrote:
I wouldn't actually mind seeing an all out rave/trip hop/electronic music club type thing on at least one of the nights in the SOPHIE tent maybe. Not all night, maybe an hour or so? I know most of the guys and girls I go with used to frequent those sorts of clubs in our youth and it's good music to let loose to and be a bit silly.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 pm

JPMC wrote:music to let loose to and be a bit silly.

That's what Evil Scarecrow are for

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm

I let loose and was a bit silly once.....

It was awful. :flame:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 pm

I suggested it years ago and I'm gonna do it again.

Get Wardruna in for a post headliner slot on one of the nights. Would be fucking amazing.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm

get 2 pints of beer- one in each hand and wait for Korpiklaani- then you can have some fun.....OR failing that do a bit of crowd surfing at the Jagermeister stage

Burning_Hammer
Lowly Peon

Postby Burning_Hammer » Mon May 07, 2018 10:24 am

What about...rasslin'?

Download have NXT do shows over the weekend, and I know Bloodstock can't do that, but what about a British company like Progress or ICW? A few matches after the bands finish in a tent with a thousand screaming, blood thirsty metal heads!

There is a good crossover of metalheads and wrestling fans (and interestingly enough ice hockey fans).

Just a thought.

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:03 pm

I like the djs idea but it really is more of a download playlist to me, with the odd more metaly track chucked in.... Need an experience more catering to boas line up.... Plus it would give people a reason to say whos this song by... Oh they are on tomoz il check em out blah blah..... Id be game for hearing new songs....
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Over the last couple of years I've done some DJing in the Serpent's Lair and between us we have a wide selection of DJs who all do different things,and it works really well. I tend to play a lot of 70s proto metal bands, prog rock, doom and horror soundtracks which seems to go down pretty well, whereas Chris Naughton usually spins some hair metal and AOR stuff. It's all different enough to provide something a little more diverse but still of interest to metal heads.