Food.... The good and not so memorable....

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Food.... The good and not so memorable....

Postby grimjim » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 pm

As for previous experiences this can be a spot for people to recommend things they had that were awesome or not so awesome....
My little input is the footlong sausage place attached to the smoker was fookin amazing pork and beef the texan..... Wankworthy...

Anyone else?

Fire away
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Re: Food.... The good and not so memorable....

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:54 pm

don't know where the hell to eat now DeliKate has retired. The evening hot special for £8.00 could easily feed 2 people and as such was great value.

Dorset Smokery is great but expensive, and most other places I have tried have been over priced cack with the exception of Mr Ts.

Gallops Farm is just the re-branded Gourmet Burger place that used to get a lot of stick :(

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 pm

The Paella stand is fantastic.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 pm

The paella was amazing! It was the first place I headed for when I got into the arena on Thursday last year after having had it the year before :lol: The vegetarian van do great chilli bowls and there's also a separate chilli stall that serve it in bread. That mac n' cheese stall was pretty good too last year although I wish the portions were bigger!

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:10 pm

Pretty much anything iv had from the Texas BBQ place near the entrance has been excellent especially a turkey leg after a hard day of pitting

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 pm

When i first came in 2014 i lived on the spring rolls by the chippy stand.... Then on the third day of eating them i nearly shat my tent ( i know it was the rolls trust me ) ... Then i had the fish n chips box from the chippy.... £8 for a value ass fish ( that can't seriously be cod ) n shite chips... Some reduced fajita n wedges ( please avoid reduced food ) which i ate and sicked up.. But tasted great..... And the breakfast stall by hell wow ... Im sorry but that was a crock of shit... Bacon was like raw fatty n cold sausage was gross baguette was nice.... Not worth what i paid.... The smoker n sausage was my fave....but i want an ostrich burger this year as they looked ace n i told my pal to get one as ostrich is nice n he rated it.... Other than that i could do a dispoable bbq for cheaper n way better quality than some of those stalls... I know the prices are high because its a festival but at least do good food.
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 am

Hopefully the Ostrich Burger place will be back this year. It was a little pricey, but really nice. The Indian place they had last year was also pretty good, and I've always rated the Veggie truck too.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:06 am

Never had anything good bar Deli-kate in the years I went.

Has anyone had any decent vegan food at all at the fest, or should I just take enough food for the weekend?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am

I will really miss Deli Kate, especially the eggy bread bacon sandwiches and the stunning paninis :(

I really like the stalls that do the pulled pork rolls but I will be avoiding the cheesy chips as they gave me bad stomach cramps and I ended up in my tent and missed Amon Amarth :x
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 pm

The worst last year was the burger van next to the Rock Soc tent - the cheeseburgers had that gloopy nacho cheese slopped on it - vile.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Deli Kate is going to be hugely missed, gonna be weird walking into the arena and not seeing her stall in the far corner :(

Missed Uncle Gio's pizza pockets last year too, bring them back!
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:58 am

The lack of decent food is one of the main reasons I'm hesitant to go back to Bloodstock. I'm very simplistic with my food, usually surviving off chips and a sausage, but last year I couldn't find a stall that served either without seeming like they gave me food poisoning. They could definitely do with getting some quality in.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 am

Skippy wrote:The lack of decent food is one of the main reasons I'm hesitant to go back to Bloodstock. I'm very simplistic with my food, usually surviving off chips and a sausage, but last year I couldn't find a stall that served either without seeming like they gave me food poisoning. They could definitely do with getting some quality in.

Always overpriced and gross. Probably just gonna take a coolbox with sausages, burgers, loads of rolls, and couple days worth of fruit. Crisps and fruit bars and stuff. Only way I'll have vegan food that's not just chips most likely.

I'm more hesistant because the lineup's a bit poor haha

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Probably the least of my concerns. It's a few days without decent food, no one is going to starve to death. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Just stay clear of anything with Gourmet in the title and you'll be good.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.