Nearby accommodation?

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
MetalMatt
Lowly Peon

Nearby accommodation?

Postby MetalMatt » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:52 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I’m planning on getting a day ticket for Friday and was wondering if Catton Park has any hotels or bnb’s close by I could get to after the festival on Friday night as I don’t drive and live 1 and a half hours away ? The closest travelodge has sold out for that Friday :(

Cheers guys

Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Nearby accommodation?

Postby Soze » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:05 am

There are two Travelodges on either side of the A road leading towards the festival. both of whom have sadly gotten wise to the festival and bumped their prices up! Not surprised they've already sold out with the growing popularity of Bloodstock. Other than that, Burton is only 7 or 8 miles away and would presumably be full of B&Bs and hotels, depending on how much you want to pay for a taxi.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm not going this year, but I tend to head to Tamworth. I've stayed in the Travelodge in the middle of town a couple of times and that's currently available at around £40 a night. I stayed in the Tamworth Arms last year and that's currently £45 per night. Both options are acceptable, but you get a cooked breakfast at the Tamworth Arms which you won't get at a Travelodge, although that's built above a Lidl and close to a Wetherspoons, so you won't be short of food options. Both the Travelodge and Tamworth Arms are around a 15 minute drive from the Bloodstock car park.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:49 pm

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn Express branches in both Lichfield and Burton. Both are recommended.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

MetalMatt
Lowly Peon

Postby MetalMatt » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:18 am

Cheers for the replies guys, will getting a taxi after the festival on Friday be a problem do you think?

Lunasee
Powermetal Child

Postby Lunasee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:29 am

Wont be anywhere as busy as getting out on the Sunday night but depends how day tickets sell. With Priest on the Friday I expect it will be busy.