Serpents Lair v RIP?

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Sabotag3
Lowly Peon

Serpents Lair v RIP?

Postby Sabotag3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:08 pm

Hey, I’ve done Download RIP for the last 10 years and trying BOA Serpents Lair for the first time this year. Can anyone tell me the how they compare re: facilities, parking, shop, time I can get in etc? I know it’s gonna be different and I know it’s gonna be great, just so used to DL it would be good to know what to expect. Thanks, Matt

Hotchilidog
Powermetal Child

Re: Serpents Lair v RIP?

Postby Hotchilidog » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Not done RIP but this will be my 4th Serpent's Lair experience.

The first benefit is the car park is near the entrance (not as close it used to be but still pretty good).

The queues to get in are shorter.

The campsite has now been expanded meaning there is plenty of room for everyone.
It has a load of showers if you are into that whole cleanliness thing.
The campsite is just behind the main stage, the only thing you walk through first is the BAR!

For me the bar is the big selling point, over 100 beers put in an appearance over the weekend. The area it self is a fairly nice and relaxed place to hang out in between bands.

Also entertainment is put on, djs, bands of varying quality and guest interviews etc.

Also the coffee place is well worth the queue in the morning, that sh*t really gets you back in the game.

Chuck in some posh toilets and all in all it represents decent value which is why I continue to use it.

So whilst not offering a direct comparison with RIP I'd say that you'll enjoy the Lair experience.

Sabotag3
Lowly Peon

Re: Serpents Lair v RIP?

Postby Sabotag3 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Spot on!! Thanks very much, really helpful and it all sounds cool

Can’t wait