Friends, distractions, and fun

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Lilylicious
Lowly Peon

Friends, distractions, and fun

Postby Lilylicious » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Greetings friends,

So I'm going to Bloodstock! Yay! First time going, double yay! Spending an entire week in the area.. less yay.

So my stupid self went and bought tickets to arrive on Monday the 6th. The reason I did this was because I was going to spend those days with a special someone who I cared for very much, trusted immensely, and generally thought would never hurt me.

Wellllll they did, and of course I didn't make anything refundable, so I'm going anyway. I have several days before, and a day after, that I have nothing to do. No one to see, no one to spend time with, and lots of anger and such to distract myself from.

To sum up: Anyone got an hour or two in the days prior to kill? Some company during the actual shows would be nice too, but it's the other days that risk sending me into a downwards spiral of awful. I'll be staying in Birmingham and traveling back and forth to the festival.

Oh, and to anyone that might get worried by such a call for help: I'll be taking safety precautions before meeting anyone anywhere. I'm hurt, I'm not an idiot.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Friends, distractions, and fun

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:06 am

Iron Maiden are playing in Birmingham on Tuesday 7th August. Tickets are still available on Ticketmaster.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:50 am

You could have ended up in far worse places than Birmingham.

Contrary to popular belief it's not a bad place. Plenty of tourist things to do and it's apparently great for shopping. Even so, if you do get bored with the place then the transport links are pretty good and you can get to other places easily.

If you are looking for Rock pubs then I would recommend Scruffy Murphys. A bog standard Rock pub/bar, but they seem friendly.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/ScruffyMurphysRocks/
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

logandog1
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby logandog1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Only been to Birmingham a few times but found it far better than was suggested.
Everyone is pretty friendly at bloodstock so you should be ok,
check out the loners newbie camp
Mary had a little lamb its fleece was coloured red
The reason for the colouring was the axe stuck in its head

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:01 am

Black Wizard wrote:Iron Maiden are playing in Birmingham on Tuesday 7th August. Tickets are still available on Ticketmaster.

New allocation released, too, so standing tickets which had previously been showing as sold out are now available again.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:You could have ended up in far worse places than Birmingham.

Contrary to popular belief it's not a bad place. Plenty of tourist things to do and it's apparently great for shopping. Even so, if you do get bored with the place then the transport links are pretty good and you can get to other places easily.

If you are looking for Rock pubs then I would recommend Scruffy Murphys. A bog standard Rock pub/bar, but they seem friendly.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/ScruffyMurphysRocks/

Gandalf just said something positive! :o And what's more I agree. :o

It is a nice city. The city centre is quite lively with a lot of shopping and places to eat in the Bullring, Brindley Place and the Mailbox. If the weather holds out then I recommend visiting the university campus which is about 12 minutes train journey on the cross-city line from New Street station. I studied there for a year a few years ago and I try to pop back to Birmingham a few times a year for gigs. Earlier this year I saw Vuur and Testament and I'll also be at the Iron Maiden show in a couple of weeks.

I did go to Scruffy's once and it seemed OK. There's also the Hammer and Anvil where I went for a drink after the Testament show and Subside down in Digbeth where I ended up for the rest of the night after the Testament show. I don't have a great memory of that night.