2019 Bands

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Tankplanker » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Slayer I could see holding out for a bigger pay day from Download if the UK tour does sell out, unless BS are prepared to pay big as with Priest. Always the chance that Slayer's UK tour doesn't do as well as they thought, I wasn't convinced with some of the venues when the tour was announced and I'm still not that they will sell out everywhere in the UK.

If most of those predictions came about I'd be skipping next year, just not my cup of tea or I've seen them recently and not got a burning desire to see them again within 12 months time.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:41 pm

I personally want to hear Vader announced.

To be honest, my Monday morning ritual means ordering my next year ticket anyway... I know I'm going anyway, so maybe my opinion is moot.

WIthin Temptation would be a good shout. If they book Parkway Drive, I will personally find out where the organisers live and just stand outside for the entire year, scowling at them. I won't say or do anything, just scowl. So when they leave for work, they'll just see me scowling at them. It will just make it so they will always be sad that day, every day. Sure it will mean I'd be technically homeless and unemployed at that point, but it would be worth it so they know they did a bad thing!

To put it short, please don't book that crap!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Sabaton, Slayer and Volbeat to headline.

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Hate as heavy scotland is cancelled so are all there other uk shows until next year get em in!!!
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Slayer- Parkway Drive- Sabaton ?

Talk about mixed blessings :lol:

Given Manowar are doing HF, you think BOA will nab them?

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:16 pm

I can see Parkway Drive being one of the token metal bands at Leeds/Reading next year.

Sabaton - Airbourne - Slayer

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 am

I reckon you're probably right about Parkway Drive being the token Metal band at R&L. It's usually them or Architects.

If we're going to consider Parkway Drive as a genuine possibly as Bloodstock headliner (which I hope does not come to pass) then we should also consider Killswitch Engage as they finish their stint as Iron Maiden support on Saturday so could plausibly be announced on Sunday as a 2019 headliner. However as much as I like Killswitch I would find it a bit weird to see them headlining Bloodstock as they don't really fit that well & are basically a Download staple.

SCSCSC
Lowly Peon

Postby SCSCSC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:14 pm

I’d love Slayer one last time at Bloodstock but given the the timing of Hellfest I see them more likely playing the festivals in Europe around June (Download, Graspop etc).

I’d be very happy if I was wrong and they played Bloodstock in August though.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:24 am

What I'd like:
Devin Townsend
Manowar
Lamb Of God

What it will probably be
Sabaton
Something like Volbeat
Slayer

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am

It would put me off, but the headliners have been mediocre for years for me.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 am

Sabaton and Slayer seem pretty nailed on as headliners, both would be easy and disappointing choices, but they'll be able to justify them both with Sabaton's 20 year anniversary and Slayer's final gigs.

Volbeat would be a decent choice for 3rd headliner, and thankfully one that haven't played before.

I'd love Marduk to be there, but BOA seem to have some aversion to booking them.

Powerwolf and Epica are possibilities....would they both be special guests? Maybe considering this year they went for easy cheap choices for SG slots.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Powerwolf and Epica are possibilities....would they both be special guests? Maybe considering this year they went for easy cheap choices for SG slots.

I'd like to think those 2 bands would be 3rd down at most. I'm thinking Dimmu and Behemoth are likely for sub headliners.

I also agree with the comments that Parkway Drive would be a mistake. Really don't strike me as a Bloodstock headliner and it would really concern me that the festival would just end up as 'Download Lite'

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm

My predictions for headliners are Behemoth, Sabaton and Slayer!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm

kurrupo wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:Powerwolf and Epica are possibilities....would they both be special guests? Maybe considering this year they went for easy cheap choices for SG slots.

I'd like to think those 2 bands would be 3rd down at most. I'm thinking Dimmu and Behemoth are likely for sub headliners.

I also agree with the comments that Parkway Drive would be a mistake. Really don't strike me as a Bloodstock headliner and it would really concern me that the festival would just end up as 'Download Lite'

Epica would certainly subheadline - look at the venues they played earlier this year.

The amount of Parkway Drive merchandise available and advertising at this year's Bloodstock had me worried that they might do 2019. Fingers crossed they don't!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 pm

There were rumblings about PD playing last year. Maybe it was for next year... :(
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11