2019 Bands

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4178
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby houston4044 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 am

Napalm Death have a new album out next year so I'd reckon they're a shoe in

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:40 am

Parkway Drive/KSE/Thy Art is Murder have a UK tour finishing early February :eyes: out of those I think KSE would be the most likely "commercial" headliner.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Parkway Drive/KSE/Thy Art is Murder have a UK tour finishing early February :eyes: out of those I think KSE would be the most likely "commercial" headliner.

Oh for God's sake. I want to see Killswitch again, but headlining their own show and not in fucking Alexandra Palace.

User avatar
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Northampton....not Wellingborough!

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:21 am

Sabaton are almost a certainty in my opinion and are definitely due a headline spot. I can see Dimmu Borgir back as well. Turisas, Tyr and Powerwolf are probably likely to be back in 2019 or soon thereafter. I would prefer it if Slayer were not headliners ....again but can see it happening. As for PWD.....no, just no!
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:27 am

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby MadManiac » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:Sabaton are almost a certainty in my opinion and are definitely due a headline spot. I can see Dimmu Borgir back as well. Turisas, Tyr and Powerwolf are probably likely to be back in 2019 or soon thereafter. I would prefer it if Slayer were not headliners ....again but can see it happening. As for PWD.....no, just no!


Nope can not see Slayer at Bloodstock next year. I can see them coming back after there fair well tour but i don't think it will be at bloodstock..

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:15 pm

MadManiac wrote:Nope can not see Slayer at Bloodstock next year. I can see them coming back after there fair well tour but i don't think it will be at bloodstock..

Would you care to elaborate? Is it because Download will be able to offer more money and a larger crowd than Bloodstock, or just a feeling in your bones?

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7771
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Soze » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Slayer are likely to play either Bloodstock or Download next year. Download may well offer them more money but if it's their last ever UK gig they may prefer the opportunity to go out with a headline slot.

Methuen
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Methuen » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Soze wrote:Slayer are likely to play either Bloodstock or Download next year. Download may well offer them more money but if it's their last ever UK gig they may prefer the opportunity to go out with a headline slot.


Never seen Slayer - I get the impression from this board, and the Metal Archives, that they're just not terribly interesting live - what're your thoughts ?
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

User avatar
apocalypsedude
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby apocalypsedude » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:12 pm

They were woeful last time they played Bloodstock. Really dull Sunday night headliner.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:55 am

apocalypsedude wrote:They were woeful last time they played Bloodstock. Really dull Sunday night headliner.

Criticizing Slayer?

Image

User avatar
robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Manchester

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby robin8585 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:20 am

Methuen wrote:
Soze wrote:Slayer are likely to play either Bloodstock or Download next year. Download may well offer them more money but if it's their last ever UK gig they may prefer the opportunity to go out with a headline slot.


Never seen Slayer - I get the impression from this board, and the Metal Archives, that they're just not terribly interesting live - what're your thoughts ?


Totally agree. Even with all the fire I lasted about 4 songs before I got bored, and fire usually stretches my patience out more than that.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:00 am

Within Temptation are playing M'era Luna festival near Hannover next year which is 10/11 August. I'm not sure if that makes them more or less likely.

User avatar
apocalypsedude
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby apocalypsedude » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:32 am

Black Wizard wrote:
apocalypsedude wrote:They were woeful last time they played Bloodstock. Really dull Sunday night headliner.

Criticizing Slayer?

Image


:D

I'm a fan and I've seen them several times over the years, but they've seemed less and less bothered as time has gone on. Even they seemed bored at BOA. It was incredibly dull.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:54 am

As houston4044 insightfully points out, "Slayer are Slayer".

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7771
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: 2019 Bands

Postby Soze » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Methuen wrote:Never seen Slayer - I get the impression from this board, and the Metal Archives, that they're just not terribly interesting live - what're your thoughts ?


Slayer do what they do. In their day (I'm old enough to have seen them on the Reign in Blood and South of Heaven tours) they were a force of nature, pretty much the most intense thing you could see. They used to absolutely destroy places. Nowadays Tom is a bit bored with it all and without Jeff and Dave it doesn't quite feel right. But if you like what they do you'll still enjoy them. I think some people like bells and whistles, Slayer dispense with that, they just get up and play.

Despite the fact they haven't written a truly great album in 25 years or so, they've remained one of my all time favourite bands since I first heard them in 1985. Seeing Slayer perform stuff from their 1983-1990 period still flicks my switches more than just about any other band...they're the only band this old bastard can still be moved to the mosh pit for! I totally get that younger generations than myself will just see them as a band past their prime but there's a lot of nostalgia in it for me, they really were something else back in the day.