Iced Earth

Tell us who you'd like to see playing BOA 2018
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Iced Earth

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:02 am

I think they last played at Bloodstock in 2012 and Stu was a bit ill. They released a fantastic new album 'Incorruptible' earlier this year, their third with Stu Block on vocals (which makes him the second longest serving Iced Earth singer), and haven't toured in in the UK yet. They've just finished doing a few of the European festivals but haven't announced anything for later this year or next year. They're a good combination of heavy and melodic so should be able to keep everyone happy. :)

Here's a few songs from the Stu Block albums:
Raven Wing
Anthem
Peacemaker

samlewis45
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Iced Earth

Postby samlewis45 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 am

Big yes from me!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:46 am

Would be happy with them back.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

SlaineD
Powermetal Child

Postby SlaineD » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:48 am

I too, was going to suggest them so big yes from me too

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:11 pm

They still owe me a decent gig after the shambles in Brum a few years back, so yes please.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:24 pm

I heard about that gig. Something went dreadfully wrong with the sound I seem to remember?

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I heard about that gig. Something went dreadfully wrong with the sound I seem to remember?

Stu Blocks vocals were completely inaudible, which Jon Schaffer blamed on the crowd being stood in the wrong place.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Powerslave wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:I heard about that gig. Something went dreadfully wrong with the sound I seem to remember?

Stu Blocks vocals were completely inaudible, which Jon Schaffer blamed on the crowd being stood in the wrong place.

Yeah vocals were well under in the mix, and Mr Schaffer suggested we move to where we could hear better. I believe the in house sound guy even offered his help at the desk but was told to go away. Quite a few people left as it was so poor to listen too. I stuck it out for half the set before my Mrs wanted to go home as she was getting pissed off with it. Felt sorry for the event staff outside who were getting the brunt of the complaints.

samlewis45
Definitely Not Nu

Postby samlewis45 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:15 pm

JB65 wrote:Yeah vocals were well under in the mix, and Mr Schaffer suggested we move to where we could hear better. I believe the in house sound guy even offered his help at the desk but was told to go away. Quite a few people left as it was so poor to listen too. I stuck it out for half the set before my Mrs wanted to go home as she was getting pissed off with it. Felt sorry for the event staff outside who were getting the brunt of the complaints.

I was at that gig, was such an odd one. It did get better towards the end (probably after you left), but as you say sadly it was a poor showing. One of the only gigs I've been to where the two support acts had better sound than the headliners!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Only ever seen them at festivals (apart from that 20 minute support slot they had on teh Heaven and Hell tour) and always enjoyed them.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:55 pm

JB65 wrote:Yeah vocals were well under in the mix, and Mr Schaffer suggested we move to where we could hear better. I believe the in house sound guy even offered his help at the desk but was told to go away. Quite a few people left as it was so poor to listen too. I stuck it out for half the set before my Mrs wanted to go home as she was getting pissed off with it. Felt sorry for the event staff outside who were getting the brunt of the complaints.

Ah yes, everyone had to move off to the side I think? I'm glad I didn't travel to that gig. I'd been living in Birmingham for a year before and was pissed they didn't have a headline show any further north (was living in Scotland at the time) but wanted to go, but when my friends told me what happened I was glad I didn't bother. I did travel down in 2011 when the played at the same venue though and it was a good gig.

I've seen them play a few times though, including with Ripper Owens opening for Heaven & Hell and at the Electric Brixton last December when they only played for an hour.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:04 am

Ive been into them since the 90's but the keep getting away from me. Would be great to finally see them.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Christ! Are these still going? :lol:

Probably one of the most boring bands I've seen. On paper I should love them, but they've never really done it for me either live or on record.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am

Black Wizard wrote:

Ah yes, everyone had to move off to the side I think? I'm glad I didn't travel to that gig. I'd been living in Birmingham for a year before and was pissed they didn't have a headline show any further north (was living in Scotland at the time) but wanted to go, but when my friends told me what happened I was glad I didn't bother. I did travel down in 2011 when the played at the same venue though and it was a good gig.

I've seen them play a few times though, including with Ripper Owens opening for Heaven & Hell and at the Electric Brixton last December when they only played for an hour.

I was at that gig - I'd traveled down from Leeds for it and was bitterly disappointed. I sent them a pissed-off message on Facebook and to be fair to them, the manager got back to me and said he'd been made aware of the problems and offered me guestlist for a show whenever they next came back to the UK. I kept that message for over 2 years and when they finally came back at the end of 2016 and played Brixton, I got myself a free gig!