Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:40 am

Unless they've decided to scrap most of this gash line-up and start again then I can't say I'm particularly excited.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:11 am

Killing Joke are fucking superb, Orbit Culture & Nanowar of Steel are great too.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:31 am

bloodofthekings wrote:Unless they've decided to scrap most of this gash line-up and start again then I can't say I'm particularly excited.

The addition of killing joke is a positive, but I'm definitely in agreement with you
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:57 pm

Nanowar are fun but there's still nowhere near enough to change my mind from a Saturday day ticket to suddenly stumping up for a full weekend ticket. Can't stand Killing Joke personally - that Sunday looks utterly dreadful for me, not a single band I'd watch on the main stage.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:09 pm

The first announcement that's actually made me think about attending. I've wanted to see Samael for a while, and Cyrha were enjoyable enough supporting Delain a few years back. The big one for me is Nanowar of Steel though, I really want to see them. Unfortunately they are wasted on the Thursday. With them and Night Flight, I wish I could buy a day ticket just for that day, the rest of the lineup still has a way to go to even look bareable.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:21 pm

Killing Joke, Cattle Decap, and Samael are great additions! :yes:

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:12 pm

Samael is the only one for me in that. Reinforcing a Saturday only ticket really. Odd that they are so low down on the Sophie, but it will be fine along as they don't clash with dimmu.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:05 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:Samael is the only one for me in that. Reinforcing a Saturday only ticket really. Odd that they are so low down on the Sophie, but it will be fine along as they don't clash with dimmu.

A lot of the placements seem really weird to me. Sleep Token above Eyehategod - Sleep Token are a far better band, but surely Eyehategod are bigger? Same with Belpehgor and Cattle Decap, both of who are surely big enough to headline the Sophie. I get the feeling its a direct attempt to make the Sophie stage bigger, which is a good thing, but then why are bands like Spirit World playing the main? I may be out of touch, but I'd never heard of them.

NecroSonata
Powermetal Child

Postby NecroSonata » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:21 pm

Yeah, I'm disappointed Cat Decap aren't headlining the Sophie, as they were supposed to be for the cancelled Bloodstock. Now third down, go figure.

phuqsticks
Powermetal Child

Postby phuqsticks » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am

Skippy wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:Samael is the only one for me in that. Reinforcing a Saturday only ticket really. Odd that they are so low down on the Sophie, but it will be fine along as they don't clash with dimmu.

A lot of the placements seem really weird to me. Sleep Token above Eyehategod - Sleep Token are a far better band, but surely Eyehategod are bigger? Same with Belpehgor and Cattle Decap, both of who are surely big enough to headline the Sophie. I get the feeling its a direct attempt to make the Sophie stage bigger, which is a good thing, but then why are bands like Spirit World playing the main? I may be out of touch, but I'd never heard of them.

Must admit i've wondered whether some of the billing is an attempt to level out the differences between the main and sophie stages. If the sunday main and sophie line-ups were put on as standalone festivals at the same time and the same price, I'd go for the Sophie one. Soen 5th on 2nd stage? Really? Dark Funeral that high on main?

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:10 am

We must be due some kind of announcement soon?

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:40 pm

I'll set my expectations accordingly. :eyes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:54 pm

I imagine we'll start getting announcements of cancellations soon enough.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:18 am

Skippy wrote:I imagine we'll start getting announcements of cancellations soon enough.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

Hey human population, can't you see, if you don't catch it, you help to stop it. Get the booster, stay inside, social distance, etc. !!!! We should be smart enough by now to fight this harder and get back to where we were not long ago.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:21 am

Green Man III wrote:
Skippy wrote:I imagine we'll start getting announcements of cancellations soon enough.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

Hey human population, can't you see, if you don't catch it, you help to stop it. Get the booster, stay inside, social distance, etc. !!!! We should be smart enough by now to fight this harder and get back to where we were not long ago.

UK's heading towards endemic status and basically abandoning testing, will see how many bands want to come play on plague island :lol: