Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:15 am

i0th2 wrote:
Green Man III wrote:
Skippy wrote:I imagine we'll start getting announcements of cancellations soon enough.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

Hey human population, can't you see, if you don't catch it, you help to stop it. Get the booster, stay inside, social distance, etc. !!!! We should be smart enough by now to fight this harder and get back to where we were not long ago.

UK's heading towards endemic status and basically abandoning testing, will see how many bands want to come play on plague island :lol:

In the short-term, you make a good point. Although after 2 years of every country around the world trying all sorts of different methods to contain covid and stop it spreading (and all of them essentially failing to varying degrees) then I hate to say it but maybe the UK's (well, England's) approach may be the only thing left to do if we're ever going to have a normal life again.

Take advantage of a weaker variant, get everyone boosted and then let it rip and hopefully die out or at least become no more serious to one's health than the flu.

Appreciate this sounds like a bit of Darwinism/survival of the fittest but at this point, with vaccines obviously doing a great job of keeping most people out of hospital (and keeping even more people out of the morgue), but clearly not stopping the spread, then I just don't see what else is left to try outside of constantly plunging the country into winter-long lockdowns every year which isn't sustainable (for many reasons).

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:18 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
i0th2 wrote:
UK's heading towards endemic status and basically abandoning testing, will see how many bands want to come play on plague island :lol:

In the short-term, you make a good point. Although after 2 years of every country around the world trying all sorts of different methods to contain covid and stop it spreading (and all of them essentially failing to varying degrees) then I hate to say it but maybe the UK's (well, England's) approach may be the only thing left to do if we're ever going to have a normal life again.

Take advantage of a weaker variant, get everyone boosted and then let it rip and hopefully die out or at least become no more serious to one's health than the flu.

Appreciate this sounds like a bit of Darwinism/survival of the fittest but at this point, with vaccines obviously doing a great job of keeping most people out of hospital (and keeping even more people out of the morgue), but clearly not stopping the spread, then I just don't see what else is left to try outside of constantly plunging the country into winter-long lockdowns every year which isn't sustainable (for many reasons).

I think you have a valid point here. I think it will get to the point that there will be an element of immunity in the population and viruses tend to weaken as they become more endemic.

Sadly as with flu, people will die in future years of Covid, but I do feel that once this current wave has blasted through, thinngs may improve and at the end of the day some sort of normality will have to be achieved at some point in the near future as the economy won't stand this level of stress permanently and neither will people's a patience.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:59 pm

Looks like racist Phil has pulled out of European festivals for 2022 due to covid concerns.

Good news that piece of shit won't be there but it's worrying that bands are starting to make the call on summer festivals already

JPMC
Powermetal Child

Postby JPMC » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:40 am

Oh god here we go again.

Have you got your Fisher Price box of pre-filled out hurr durr Phil's a racist bullshit slogans on pretty flowery reassuringly biodegradable cards that smell like your farts at the ready? Why not let's get them all out in one plop so we don't have to hear about it for the seven zillionth time? Just spill the guts out and rap em out in one hit so we can marvel at the majesty of such a thing. I for one would be moved!

Then we can all get back to what we were doing in the first place, enjoying metal music, or walking away when we don't, and instead concentrate on the issue at hand of artists cancelling tours which appears to be more and more.

Frankly I was looking forward to Phil Anselmo.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:05 am

bloodofthekings wrote:Looks like racist Phil has pulled out of European festivals for 2022 due to covid concerns.

This has improved the festival dramatically
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

scottr82
Lowly Peon

Postby scottr82 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:24 pm

Skippy wrote:I imagine we'll start getting announcements of cancellations soon enough.

Yeah, you had to go and say it, huh? :lol:

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:49 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:Looks like racist Phil has pulled out of European festivals for 2022 due to covid concerns.

BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:15 pm

scottr82 wrote:

Yeah, you had to go and say it, huh? :lol:

I do now feel like I have magical powers :lol:

You're welcome?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:13 am

I'd rather more announcements even if there's uncertainty. More time to fantasize about the bands I might see next August.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:42 am

Czech's Mate wrote:This has improved the festival dramatically

Bizza wrote:Image

Careful, we don't want to 'trigger' the Anselmo fans :lol:

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:01 pm

Covid concerns?

Wonder if it's just cos he can't be fucked. Like when Pantera were supposed to headline Tattoo The Planet in London in 2001, but it got rescheduled cos of 9/11 and the rest of the line up made the rescheduled date but Phil and co couldn't be arsed.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:29 pm

With more cancellations we need an announcement damn it!

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:39 pm

Did it not occur to people that Phil Anselmo pulled out of Bloodstock because of the hostility here. I wouldn't come to BOA after the comments on here. Remember there was an awful scene involving a gobstopper back in 2009 when Cradle of Filth were assaulted for a lot less controversy than Phil's antics. Anyway he can afford to sit back and just go where he's appreciated. I was looking forward to their set personally- he has a great sound.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 am

I wouldn't have thought Phil went on this forum tbh

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:45 am

Baldy77 wrote:I wouldn't have thought Phil went on this forum tbh

Not true for I am he! Hi guys, Philip here. Look it was just a joke about white wine, I ain't no racist. I have a couple of black friends you see and they are lovely. Anyway I ain't coming to your fest anymore because you keep calling me names. Peace. Now I'm off to make up with Rob Flynn, he's a cracking fella.
I see the bad moon arising.