Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
Baldy77
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 pm
Location: South East

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:57 am

I'm sure I just saw an ad for a Kiss Farewell tour, not my thing but you never know

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metalicbear » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Got a feeling Slayer might end up at Download.

Sabaton
Dimmu Borgir
Testament

Parkway Drive
Body Count
Soulfly

Airbourne
Saxon
Powerwolf

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby kurrupo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:36 pm

That Saturday looks horrible for my tastes! The other two days are decent, though I don't really like idea of Airbourne headlining

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:11 pm

That Saturday does indeed took poor! I might even consider not bothering without a decent Sophie Headliner or amazing under card .
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Baldy77 wrote:I'm sure I just saw an ad for a Kiss Farewell tour, not my thing but you never know


Kiss are doing a "farewell" tour but even if they do festivals they are way, way to big for Bloodstock.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:02 pm

metalicbear wrote:Got a feeling Slayer might end up at Download.

Parkway Drive
Body Count
Soulfly



Yike! Hopefully not any of those.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Methuen
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Methuen » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:23 pm

fluffkitten wrote:
metalicbear wrote:Got a feeling Slayer might end up at Download.

Parkway Drive
Body Count
Soulfly



Yike! Hopefully not any of those.


An evening of bro metal and kerrang rubbish (why would an emoscreamo band like PD get booked for bloodstock ?) does at least mean that they'll book something totally unrelated for the Sophie tent / on the New Blood stage (hopefully ?)
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:17 am

metalicbear wrote:Parkway Drive
Body Count
Soulfly


No idea who Parkway Drive are, but never in a million years would Body Count be special guests, they're nowhere near big enough, also Soulfly would never be 3rd down, they played in the middle of the day 10 years ago and their profile hasn't done much since.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metalicbear » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:39 am

bloodfiend wrote:
metalicbear wrote:Parkway Drive
Body Count
Soulfly


No idea who Parkway Drive are, but never in a million years would Body Count be special guests, they're nowhere near big enough, also Soulfly would never be 3rd down, they played in the middle of the day 10 years ago and their profile hasn't done much since.


Body Count are as big as Kreator and Behemoth. New album out soon as well. Soulfly are easily as big as Devildriver and Kamelot.

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8832
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:47 am

Demons And Wizards announced for Rock Fest Barcelona. Maybe there's hope for a Bloodstock appearance?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 am

metalicbear wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
metalicbear wrote:Parkway Drive
Body Count
Soulfly


No idea who Parkway Drive are, but never in a million years would Body Count be special guests, they're nowhere near big enough, also Soulfly would never be 3rd down, they played in the middle of the day 10 years ago and their profile hasn't done much since.


Body Count are as big as Kreator and Behemoth. New album out soon as well. Soulfly are easily as big as Devildriver and Kamelot.


No way are Body Count bigger than either of them over here - Body Count's last album didn't get in the UK charts and they played the Koko recently; Kreator and Behemoth both play far bigger venues.

Soulfly aren't popular enough with the BOA to warrant a 3rd place position.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Added to Wacken today:

Hammerfall
Opeth
Queensryche
Eisbrecher
Life of Agony
Primordial
Hamferd
Sweet
The Night Flight Orchestra
Thy Art is Murder
The Adicts
Critical Mess

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Hopefully Powerwolf, Hammerfall and Within Temptation will be added to Bloodstock/Rockfest BCN

User avatar
ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Next Announcement

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:22 pm

They would be great but we will almost certainly get Opeth

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:34 pm

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:They would be great but we will almost certainly get Opeth


If that's the case then at least I'll be able to get an early night...