Dee Snider: might be OK
Hypocrisy: don't know
Soilwork: OK but played in 2016

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 am

Decent announcement

I will watch Children of Bodom, Dee Snider and Queensryche and I will check out Hypocrisy and Soilwork
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:06 am

Very happy with Queensryche and Soilwork. Hopefully Soilwork's sound will be better this time.
Last edited by Powerslave on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:07 am

I'm pretty happy with that.

Haven't paid much attention to Children of Bodom in the last 5-6 years, but I've always enjoyed them live.

Cradle of Filth are terrible.

Queensryche are one of those bands I've always wanted to see but have never managed to.

Dee Snider can fuck off, and then fuck off some more. I though we were done with that nonsense when Twisted Sister was put out of it's misery.

Hypocrisy are one of those bands I've never really got into, but have always liked when I've heard them.

Soilwork too soon, but OK.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:09 am

One thing I'll say about Cradle of Filth, I have never been a fan outside of maybe 1 or 2 songs, but I actually enjoyed their (albeit curtailed) set last time around. More than happy to give them another go.

Solid announcement by my book.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:17 am

Id say that out of those bands Cradle of Filth are the only one releasing material that rivals their early work.
I see the bad moon arising.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am

Very happy with Hypocrisy been wanting to see them for years

Cradle should be good for some nostalgia

Bodom can be fun if they are not to fucked

Not listened to Dee' s solo stuff yet or Queensryche

Pass on Soilwork

Overall solid announcement for me

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:45 am

Very solid announcement overall - whether to my individual taste or not, it's good to see bands of name value on the main stage rather than stuff nobody's heard of that should be on the Sophie stage at best. (Although I appreciate there's plenty of time for that to change)

Children of Bodom - will watch them and they have the potential to be good if they make an effort and aren't hammered. Having said that, they haven't released anything decent in over 10 years but the <2005 stuff will be good to hear again.

Cradle of Filth - haven't listed to them properly in about 10 years but the snippets I have heard from recent albums have sounded decent. Hopefully any attention-seeking dickheads will stay away this time.

Dee Snider - excellent choice. Saw Dee at Rockfest Barcelona this year and he put on a great show. Fantastic stage presence and good for those of us who prefer vocals you can actually understand.

Queensryche - Same as above and a decent choice for the melodic fans. Good to see that it's the Todd La Torre version as although I'm not the biggest Queensryche fan they put on a good show at HRH a few years ago (the Geoff Tate version can fuck off though - guy can't sing to save his life these days).

Soilwork - meh. They're ok but nothing special.

Hypocrisy - Don't care.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:59 am

Quite happy with just about all of tis though I couldn't care less about Bodom.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 am

well that's a bit of a banger of an announcement:

Cradle Of Filth - one of my favourite ever bands, had a bit of a dip mid career, but recent albums are right back on from, and they've been on fire when I've seen them recent

Children Of Bodom - okay, I haven't really listened to any of their albums in about 10 years though, so no idea what their new stuff is like

Soilwork - totally naff last time they played and meh on record

Dee Snider - hell yeah Dee! His solo set at Graspop last year was great

Queensryche - one for the old prog bores

Hypocrisy - omg, about time, freakin awesome band, pick of the announcement for me.

So 3.5 out of 6 is rather good for me considering what crap they normally announce....I notice none have been announced as headliners of special guest, so I guess that means COF, COB and Queensryche are 3rd down.

Decent line up so far, but Brutal Assault is still my pref.

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

bloodofthekings wrote:Cradle of Filth - haven't listed to them properly in about 10 years but the snippets I have heard from recent albums have sounded decent. Hopefully any attention-seeking dickheads will stay away this time.

I echo the last part. If you think they're trash go to the bar, the campsite or another stage. Don't be a dick by chucking stuff and ruining the show for their fans. That whole episode was a massive black mark on the festival imo.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:27 am

Huh this is the best they have? Was hoping for something a little more special in the opening bands. Don't get me wrong, I'd watch most of these bands but I'm not overly fond of any of them and was hoping for a rarity, not bands that are over here all the time. With Queensryche and Dee Snider on the Sunday I'm expecting a bit classic rock headliner though (or just Slayer again).
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 am

Nothing too exciting but still a decent announcement.

Haven't listened to Bodom for a while but I still love their old stuff and will happily watch them again. Can't believe they haven't played since 2014 actually!

I've never got round to familiarizing myself with Cradle's stuff so not sure if I will watch. Will do some listening. Hope their set goes smoothly this time!

Very cool to see Queensryche on the bill for the first time! Although can anyone shed light on the difference between these and Geoff Tate's Operation Mindcrime who are touring later on this year?

Nice to see Dee Snider returning (more bingo points!) A great front man and an absolute legend, will definitely watch again! Got his solo stuff to check out yet.

Hypocrisy are probably the best band of the announcement. They've been requested a lot but I don't think they've ever played the festival before?

Not a big fan of Soilwork and it seems a bit too soon for them to be back...

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:44 am

Jay1993 wrote:Very cool to see Queensryche on the bill for the first time! Although can anyone shed light on the difference between these and Geoff Tate's Operation Mindcrime who are touring later on this year?

Geoff Tate's Operation Mindcrime are just Geoff Tate and a bunch of hired hands and when I saw Geoff Tate perform with Queensryche in 2011 (before he was fired), he was bloody terrible - couldn't sing for toffee.

Queensryche are the real band with Todd La Torre on vocals since 2012 and were actually pretty good when I saw them at HRH in 2014.

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 am

Children of Bodom: not a massive fan but will probably watch.

Cradle of Filth: meh, not interested.

Queensryche: Excellent booking, I love Queensryche and I'll be interested to see how they perform without the diva that is Geoff Tate.

Dee Snider: I like Twisted Sister, so hopefully this will be similar?

Hypocrisy: Another excellent booking, never seen them live yet so one to tick off the list for me!!

Soilwork: meh, not interested in these either.

So only two bands so far this year that have really grabbed my attention.