Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Cassius » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Jay1993 wrote:It seems a lot of people are genuinely surprised that Bloodstock were able to pull this one out of the bag. Are Scorpions actually bigger than Priest? I'm interested to know!

I wouldnt say they are bigger than Priest but iv often heard they charge a lot so they might be more expensive

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Best Scorps gig I've ever seen was their 2006 headline set at Wacken, over 2 hours,stuff they hadn't played in years and no winds of change. Should be a good night if they are on form.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Jay1993 wrote:It seems a lot of people are genuinely surprised that Bloodstock were able to pull this one out of the bag. Are Scorpions actually bigger than Priest? I'm interested to know!

Far as I'm aware they both cost the same or there abouts.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:52 pm

For me this is better than last year already

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:00 pm

kurrupo wrote:Sunday is looking a little soft so far though with scorpions, queensryche and dee snider. Think it needs someone like Behemoth as special guests to balance it out

They seem to have learnt from previous years that it's good to stick a few undercard bands of a similar sound/genre to the headliner on the day. So far Soilwork and Hypocrisy are giving some balance though

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 am

metalicbear wrote:Scorpions are a monumental headliner for BOA, their first truly elite band.

I can see it looking like this now -

Sabaton
Children of Bodom
Overkill

Dimmu Borgir
Powerwolf
Cradle of Filth

Scorpions
Epica
Queensryche

Seeing as MaYaN are playing festivals around Bloodstock next year there's no way that Epica will be making an appearance.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:46 am

metalicbear wrote:I can see it looking like this now -

Sabaton
Children of Bodom
Overkill

Dimmu Borgir
Powerwolf
Cradle of Filth

Scorpions
Epica
Queensryche

COB haven't been announced as special guests, so they'll be 3rd down.

And Dimmu are nowhere near big enough to headline these days, even SG may be a stretch for them. Behemoth probably could headline though.

Powerwolf and Epica are just about big enough for the SG slots, they've both been strangely ignored in recent years, so time they got them back.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:44 am

Can we get Candlemass on the bill? They haven't played in forever and now they have their original singer back it would be a great booking.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:34 am

bloodfiend wrote:Powerwolf and Epica are just about big enough for the SG slots, they've both been strangely ignored in recent years, so time they got them back.

Epica are definitely big enough for that slot, but two of them are busy with MaYaN next summer.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 am

Vicky has been on Twitter asking who people would want as SG to Sabaton which rules out CoB.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm

jwh20 wrote:Can we get Candlemass on the bill? They haven't played in forever and now they have their original singer back it would be a great booking.

Yes please, and Sacred Reich as well
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Hoping for Demons & Wizards before Sabaton

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 pm

I don't think it's a case of being bigger than Priest here, more that Scorps are bigger elsewhere than here so offers wouldn't be as competitive as those from gigs in EU and US - plus they seem to have a grand view of themselves: they talked of being insulted by an offer to headline second stage at Download, despite the slot being played by Alice Cooper, Crue, Rob Zombie etc.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:10 am

someone else wrote:I don't think it's a case of being bigger than Priest here, more that Scorps are bigger elsewhere than here so offers wouldn't be as competitive as those from gigs in EU and US - plus they seem to have a grand view of themselves: they talked of being insulted by an offer to headline second stage at Download, despite the slot being played by Alice Cooper, Crue, Rob Zombie etc.

I missed out there - what year did the Crue headline anything at Donnington ? I saw them playing on the mainstage under KISS, slightly underwhelming as the KISS army turned out in force for their heroes !
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:05 am

Methuen wrote:
someone else wrote:I don't think it's a case of being bigger than Priest here, more that Scorps are bigger elsewhere than here so offers wouldn't be as competitive as those from gigs in EU and US - plus they seem to have a grand view of themselves: they talked of being insulted by an offer to headline second stage at Download, despite the slot being played by Alice Cooper, Crue, Rob Zombie etc.

I missed out there - what year did the Crue headline anything at Donnington ? I saw them playing on the mainstage under KISS, slightly underwhelming as the KISS army turned out in force for their heroes !

Headlined second stage the day FNM played
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11