Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:46 am

Very happy with Eluvietie. Great way to end the festival. Will probably miss Rotting Christ as I am unlikely to get to the Thursday, skeletonwitch I'd watch, but Code Orange are not my cup of tea at all. Overall not a bad announcement and so far the best line up in years
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Looking forward to Eluveitie, not fussed about Rotting Christ or Skeletonwitch and Code Orange can fuck the fuck off. But this is still the best BOA lineup in years.

I'm actually relieved the Thursday headliner is someone I don't care about as it can be a bit awkward for us to get there on the Thursday as opposed to the Friday.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Rotting Christ and Eluveitie are both good, not fussed on Skeletonwitch and actively despise Code Orange. They also make me think the Saturday headliner is going to be some mainstream hardcore crap. At the moment I'm leaning towards just doing a day ticket for the Scorps and Eluveitie.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Tankplanker wrote:Rotting Christ's best days are behind them at present but I'll take something heavier at this point.

Totally disagree - I love the early Rotting Christ stuff, but they've been absolutely on fire recently, Aeolo, Eaytoy and Rituals are fantastic albums

some_thing_wild wrote:Nah this is the best lineup theyve had in years.

It is scarily good so far for BOA, after missing BOA last year to go to the amazing Brutal Assault fest, I was sure I'd never be back to BOA and would always do BA, but now I'm slightly tempted.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:39 pm

Very pleased with the Eluveitie announcement, and echo the sentiment that this is already shaping up to be the best lineup in years. My attendance is secured.
Last edited by WorMzy on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm

For me this is a cracking announcement, love eluveitie and rotting christ. Skeletonwitch is also one I want to watch! Personally the lineup is great!

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Excellent announcement for me

I love Eluveitie and they were great at Metaldays this year so excited to see them again

Rotting Christ will be an awesome Thursday headliner

Skeletonwitch should be fun though im not really into their new album

Code Orange sound shit to me but a mate of mine is really excited about them so happy for him

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Skeleton witch and Code Orange, I'll watch, maybe.
Eluveitie, good!
Rotting Christ, great!

Overall its another solid announcement. Linup is looking very good to me so far.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Rotting Christ are the only thing to pique my interest there. Eluveitie and Skeletonwitch are OK, but don't really excite me. Code Orange are terrible.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Tet wrote:Code Orange are terrible.

Agreed. I saw them supporting Gojira last year and they were one of the worst bands I've ever seen live.

I have no interest in bands like Rotting Christ, and although I don't know Eluviete well at all I would rather these two were swapped around so I can get to bed early on Sunday but party on Thursday. :lol:

I've never listened to Skeletonwitch before. :?

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Skeletonwitch aren't bad at all if you like your Black/Death stuff, underrated one might say

Rotting Christ i`d have preferred another day but hey great booking

Didn't like Eluvietie`s last record tend to enjoy the more cookie monster than the Tori Amos stuff

Code Orange Ive never heard of but from comments on this board it`ll be bar time/drain thy lizard

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Rotting Christ - One of my favourite bands of the weekend last time they played. Delighted to be seeing them in the tent.

Eluveitie - Havent paid as much attention to them since the 3 that are now Cellar Darling went their separate ways, but Helvetios is one of my all time favourite albums and I can't think of too many bands I'd rather see closing the festival on the Sophie Stage.

Skeletonwitch - On my 'Probably watching' list.

Code Orange - Hope there's something decent on the other stages at the same time! This year's King 810.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Rotting Christ and Eluveitie pretty much secured my attendance and early bird ticket. 4 headliners for me so far and happy with most of the others,only shit like Code Orange is the big no no for me. As someone once said to me,they can fuck off and when they've fucked off, they can fuck off some more.

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Back down to earth with a bump with that lot!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Echo the sentiments about Code Orange, caught them on the Trivium tour this year and they were woeful.

Skeletonwitch are a great addition and Rotting Christ are decent but overall I'm still pretty meh on the line up; lots of bands I have a passing interest in but few amazing ones for me