Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Just had a listen to code orange....... Oh dear no.
Rest of the announcements are awesome

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:36 am

Baldy77 wrote:Just had a listen to code orange....... Oh dear no.
Rest of the announcements are awesome

Showing how much I happily manage to avoid their kind of rubbish, I didn't even know that Roadrunner Records were still in business !

Very much surprised that there's not a neck tattoo amongst them, too, they must lose an awful lot of points with the gym-and-angst mob for that.
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:08 am

Rotting Christ and Eluveitie are really good bookings. Skeletonwitch I never managed to get into back in t'day, but my tastes have changed since so will give them another go (apparently they also changed their style a bit on the last album?). Code Orange... not my bag, but I have a couple of mates who are well into their hardcore and they love it.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 am

About time we got Eluveitie back, great way to close out the festival. Get to see them twice next year now.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:28 am

Never been too fussed about Rotting Christ but I know they're very popular among the Bloodstock crowd. Seems a bit odd that they're headlining the Thursday night though?

Listened to Skeletonwitch a while back but can't recall any of their stuff. A band I definitely need to revisit!

Very happy with Eluveitie! I love the Slania album and headlining the Sophie tent is the perfect spot for them.

Wow, now listening to Code Orange for the first time and they are dirty/heavy as fuck! A great booking in my opinion as they seem to be making waves at the moment. Nice to see the forum is sticking to it's tradition of focusing on the one band in the announcement they don't like though which always happens to be a hardcore band :lol: Strange because Nails were pretty well received when they were announced before :?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:20 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Wow, now listening to Code Orange for the first time and they are dirty/heavy as fuck! A great booking in my opinion as they seem to be making waves at the moment. Nice to see the forum is sticking to it's tradition of focusing on the one band in the announcement they don't like though which always happens to be a hardcore band :lol: Strange because Nails were pretty well received when they were announced before :?

It's not that they are a Hardcore band, but they are a terrible one. But Bloodstock have always had that policy of booking shite Hardcore bands rather than the real thing. Notice Suicidal Tendencies didn't get a backlash.

Can you be a Hardcore band when you have keyboards and samples?

Not exactly the learn three chords and "play in a day" attitude is it?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote: But Bloodstock have always had that policy of booking shite Hardcore bands rather than the real thing. Notice Suicidal Tendencies didn't get a backlash.

Well obviously not cos they've got a big thrash crossover appeal, which makes them appeal to a much wider audience, so you can hardly refer to them as "the real thing" in terms of hardcore.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Yes. But would any of the real Hardcore bands get booked?

There would be a real backlash if they started booking straight up Hardcore bands.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:56 pm

I'd happily watch code orange. I like the variation in their songs. Rather them that king810 anyway.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Yes. But would any of the real Hardcore bands get booked?

There would be a real backlash if they started booking straight up Hardcore bands.

Well they've booked plenty of shite like Broken Teeth, Whitechapel, Chelsea Grin, Hatebreed blah blah, that are more hardcore that metal, so it seems only a matter of time before they go the whole hog and book Madball or some other shite.

This is the festival that booked Stuck Mojo, Misery Loves Company and Kill 2 This a few years ago.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:42 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Yes. But would any of the real Hardcore bands get booked?

Why? At least if you booked a decent hardcore band you could appeal to that audience, booking some crap cheap compromise pleases no one. I imagine Agnostic Front would go down better than King810 if that's the option.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:14 pm

Code Orange are really bad but they're the only band on this line up I have no interest in at all. Everyone else I would at least be prepared to give a look, which is a pretty good hit rate.

Of this announcement, Rotting Christ are a great band, despite their dodgy last album. I always think they suffer due to their name, I'm sure a lot of people who would like them never bother checking them out, expecting something a lot more extreme and noisy than they actually are. I don't particularly care for Skeletonwitch but they're generally fun live and Eluveitie are a good band (although one I've lost track of in recent years). I'm normally too fucked to bother with the final tent band of the weekend but I may make an exception for these guys. Really strong line up this year for a change!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:58 pm

There is a tweet from Vicky that's ruled out Slayer as the 3rd headline. Cue complaning from some and cheering from others...
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:16 pm

fluffkitten wrote:There is a tweet from Vicky that's ruled out Slayer as the 3rd headline. Cue complaning from some and cheering from others...

*insert cheering here*
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Bizza wrote:*insert cheering here*

I'll join you on that one.

Vicky could be lying of course, but let's look at the facts here. Download will pay them more and give them a much bigger audience, plus Slayer are already booked to play Download Festival Australia and Japan - likely down to do the mothership too?