Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Soze » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:25 pm

I know very little about Tesseract bar the name so count me as another surprised to see them so far up the bill. The only band I'm pleased about here is Anthrax, who give me something other than Cradle to watch on the Saturday. Dimmu are ok but pretty hit and miss live and they haven't made an interesting album in 15 years or more. Couldn't give a toss about They Art is Murder.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm wondering whether Anthrax subbing Saturday makes Volbeat more likely as the final headliner. They're playing a stadium gig in Denmark next summer with Anthrax supporting. Either that or we're getting the whole Parkway Drive tour package now Thy Art Is Murder have been announced. Parkway headlining Saturday and Killswitch subbing on Friday

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Anthrax being announced gives me 1 main stage band to watch on Sat so at least that is a bonus.

I am not a huge fan of Volbeat or Parkway Drive but I would take Volbeat as the last headliner (I would still prefer Behemoth).
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Jay1993
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:11 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Great announcement! Anthrax are ace live and always go down well at BOA, nice to see a bit more thrash on the bill this year too. Personally I've never got into Dimmu Borgir but perhaps I need to revisit them and I know a lot of people will be happy with them. Thy Art is Murder and Tesseract are both names I'm familiar with but never got round to checking out so I'll get on that. Both are contemporary bands making waves though so still decent bookings!

The main stage bill is looking great this year, I'm worried I'm not gonna have time to check out the other stages at this rate! :lol:

Just out of interest, why is the announcement so great for you if you only like one of the four bands announced, dislike one and haven't heard the other two? :?

I mean it's a great announcement for the festival and attendees in general :) Personally I'm very happy with Anthrax; an unexpected surprise! Although I'm not a Dimmu fan, I know a lot of people were asking for them so they're a good special guest choice. Just checked out Thy Art is Murder and they sound like generic deathcore which isn't my cup of tea but I know they're quite popular in that circle. Tesseract also add some diversity and are popular. Although I'm confused why they're so high up on the bill too, they sound more suited to a high slot on the Sophie stage imo.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm

All this Parkway Drive talk is getting me down :(

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Anthrax are also doing Download in 2019 so I guess I get to see them twice next year and four times in the last two years.

I like Anthrax live a lot but they are hardly the most imaginative signing and in my case not a must see as I've seen them so many times recently.

I don't mind Tesseract but they aren't a band I'd go out of my way to see. The other two are bands I'd go out of my way to avoid.

I'm about 50% in favour of the bands on Saturday (none of them must sees though) and about 15% of the bands on Sunday at present.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Hmm pretty dreadful for me. Tesseract are excellent, but I've only just seen them a few days ago and I feel they'd work better inside anyway. Thy Art is Murder are awful, why that kind of thing is popular is beyond me and makes Parkway Drive pretty inevitable. Dimmu are crap, and play far too often. I do like Anthrax, and missed the Slayer tour, but I have seen them so many times. I'd rather they were on Sunday so I could just do one day and fuck off.

Honestly how Bloodstock have dropped the ball so hard this year I have no idea. With so many excellent bands touring next summer, the Hellfest lineup looking so good and even Download having a few hits, you would have thought Bloodstock would be able to get some awesome bands together but no. Aside from booking The Scorps they don't seem to have a clue.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Great announcement, th eline up is looking fantastic. I see many on the forum won't be going but each to their own. Bloodstock 2020s lineup may be better for some. Personally I can't wait for 2019

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Dimmu and Anthrax for the win. Not fussed about the other two, but the lineup, overall, is great for me!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 pm

bloodfiend wrote:and also how can Dimmu be special guests and Cradle Of Filth be 3rd down?

Cradle are definitely bigger over here!!!

I think 3rd down greatly flatters Cradle of Filth. They aren't even the best black metal band in Suffolk.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 pm

phuqsticks wrote:I think 3rd down greatly flatters Cradle of Filth. They aren't even the best black metal band in Suffolk.

It doesn't flatter them, no matter your personal opinion on their music. They're probably one of Britain's biggest metal exports of the last 20 years and have worked their asses off to get there. The positions on a festival line up are due to popularity, not personal taste, otherwise I'd be advocating Voivod and Sigh for festival headliners!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 pm

Did they put the names of all the bands available in a hat and then pick out names at random? This line up + placements are all over the place :lol:

Tesseract is a bit left field and so high up is unexpected a let down. Not exactly rare in the UK and not a band suited to outdoor shows.

Thy Art seem to be the dethcore band this year, Saturday looks to be the drinking day save Skeletonwitch and Anthrax unless the other stages offer anything else.

Anthrax is brilliant for me and Dimmu are ok but nowt special.

Won't be getting a ticket for awhile if not at all at this rate

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Soze wrote:All this Parkway Drive talk is getting me down :(

Possibly inevitable the way that the festival keeps booking bands they like.

BTW we weren't scaremongering about Trivium playing. Some of us knew they were playing, just not which year.

Worth pointing out that some bands are booked at least two years in advance as they are working out tours. Sometimes you are told a band is playing a UK festival, but even the band don't know which one they have been booked for as they don't do the booking. They have people for that.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 pm

houston4044 wrote:Did they put the names of all the bands available in a hat and then pick out names at random? This line up + placements are all over the place :lol:

Tesseract is a bit left field and so high up is unexpected a let down. Not exactly rare in the UK and not a band suited to outdoor shows.

Thy Art seem to be the dethcore band this year, Saturday looks to be the drinking day save Skeletonwitch and Anthrax unless the other stages offer anything else.

Anthrax is brilliant for me and Dimmu are ok but nowt special.

Won't be getting a ticket for awhile if not at all at this rate

Skeletonwitch have pulled out

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:56 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:
Skeletonwitch have pulled out

That'd be disappointing, have you a link?
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee: