Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Methuen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:15 am

varangian wrote:Haven't heard of either are they in Kerrang ?

It`s gonna be Danzig, and even if it is some teenage knuckle dragging false-metal core Kerrang band i`ll be singing Danzig throughout the whole set

And just once more Danzig

That'd be fun to organise. Though I'd change Danzig for "sing Iron Maiden songs over whatever emo band they put on, everyone knows the words"
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Dazig would be perfect to be honest.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I would love danzig! But, sadly, I can't see it happening this year.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Architects? I've heard the name, but know nothing about them. Surely they aren't big enough to be headlining, are they?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Either of them would pretty much write my Saturday on the main stage off, only Anthrax hold any interest. Really hope there are some good bands on the Sophie stage to compensate.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Surely neither Architects nor Parkway Drive are anywhere near big enough to headline - tbh any higher than 4th down (if they really had to book them) would be a travesty.

Devin isn't a bad shout - 8 years since he last played, got a huge following etc. Would be a much better shout than the aforementioned at the very least.

Someone like Volbeat perhaps also in with a shout?
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Parkway Drive have sold out the Manchester Apollo next year, and have Killswitch Engage opening for them. they're plenty big enough.

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 pm

On the Facebook live broadcast on Sunday they announced that its a band that have never played Bloodstock and the Saturday headliners will be revealed in January.
So as Parkway Drive are playing the UK Jan/Feb I would imagine that its them.
Pity I would have like to have seen Alice in chains or even Ministry but there is a lot of groups I'm looking forward to seeing over the four days so I can live with that.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm

kanet666 wrote:Surely neither Architects nor Parkway Drive are anywhere near big enough to headline - tbh any higher than 4th down (if they really had to book them) would be a travesty.

Devin isn't a bad shout - 8 years since he last played, got a huge following etc. Would be a much better shout than the aforementioned at the very least.

Someone like Volbeat perhaps also in with a shout?

Both are easily big enough to headline and have a big media following to boot. As much as I'd dislike them being booked I could see the logic to booking them.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:41 am

I`m sure certain posters would be happier giving their money to Andy Copping than a Metal Festival
The alarming regularity that a Kerrang band keeps getting a mention is beyond absurdity, I`d rather be home knocking one out than waste my money listening to falseness

Why shouldn't it be Pumpkins United?

Or King Diamond ?

Or Accept?

or Danzig ?

Or Anselmo?

Or an actual Metal band?

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 am

I don't like them + popular band = false of course :rolleyes:

I'm no fan of Parkway Drive but I'd rather have them than shite like King Diamond.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:55 am

varangian wrote:Why shouldn't it be Pumpkins United?

As much as I would love that, Helloween are much bigger in mainland Europe than they are in the UK. And I suspect the 3-hour set they would demand would be a bit of a deal-breaker

varangian wrote:Or King Diamond ?

Seemed to have a reasonable crowd when he headlined before but it was from packed out. Would be interesting to know if he was ever on the radar for this year.

varangian wrote:Or Accept?

Again, as much as I would love that, they're not big enough to headline.

varangian wrote:or Danzig ?

Not sure if Danzig is playing European dates this summer(?). Danzig would be an interesting one which could go one of two ways. For all the shit that will likely be thrown at the organisers for booking Parkway Drive (if indeed it is them), when I think of a typical Bloodstock headliner, I wouldn't immediately think of Parkway Drive or Danzig tbh.

varangian wrote:Or Anselmo?

With his own band? Sophie headliner at best.

varangian wrote:Or an actual Metal band?

Parkway Drive are a metal band. Maybe not one that you (or I, for that matter) like, but they are. And given the size of venues they're playing in January and how well tickets seem to be selling, they are big enough. I'll be disappointed if it is them, but I can only assume the organisers have identified a need to try and bring in a wider audience to keep the festival financially viable? Didn't work with Trivium as their crowd was tiny but they're obviously gonna keep trying with this approach until it becomes clear it doesn't work. And to be fair, for every time it hasn't worked (Trivium, Mastodon), it has worked with other bands who raised an eyebrow or two when they were first announced (Machine Head, Gojira, Ghost, Rob Zombie).

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:56 pm

i0th wrote:Anselmo :lol:

Aye, with Skrewdriver as his backing band :B

Much as I liked Pantera back in the day, Anselmo is now toxic to a lot of folk due to his comments and behaviour. I really can't see BOA booking him and risking him spouting forth onstage.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Wow, metal fans are so cringey sometimes. Parkway Drive aren't tr00 metal - literally sounds like a 12 year old that's just discovered Slayer etc. :lol:

Parkway Drive are clearly a metal band and have played big metal fests like Graspop and Wacken so why shouldn't they be on BOA's radar? I like to see new bands turning up at Bloodstock anyway rather than repeats every other year, keeps it fresh and gives me new stuff to check out.

Danzig is a good shout too btw! Although I'm surprised he counts as tr00 metal... :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:22 pm

I must say I kind of agree with varangian. I'm not saying they aren't metal, but when I first started going to Bloodstock they were the kind of band I wanted to avoid. It is kind of sad that we're expecting a band like that, and the King Diamond's and Helloween's would be the shock.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!