Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metalicbear » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 am

Bodom in to Powerwolf would make a lot more sense and be an amazing trio.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am

Tesseract's last release got really strong reviews and they've sort of being bubbling up over the last few years. I can see why they'd be quite high on the bill.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Tesseract's last release got really strong reviews and they've sort of being bubbling up over the last few years. I can see why they'd be quite high on the bill.

I wouldn't say they're much bigger than Bodom so could of been swapped around. Moot point for me anyway as I have little interest in either :lol:

Think this is the worst a line up has looked at this point in the year for me, not much in the way to entice me.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 am

houston4044 wrote:Think this is the worst a line up has looked at this point in the year for me, not much in the way to entice me.

Not enough Thrash?

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Tesseract's last release got really strong reviews and they've sort of being bubbling up over the last few years. I can see why they'd be quite high on the bill.

They really haven't been. They've always been low down on festivals lineups.

The last time they played Download for example was this year and it was headlining the 4th stage, the exact same slot as Thy Art is Murder who are 2 slots lower on the BOA lineup. 2 years before that, Tesseract were 6th from top on the 2nd stage, in the same year Skindred sub-headlined the 2nd stage. Skindred were 3rd from top at BOA 2 years ago. So put that in to context. Tesseract are a mid size band at best at BOA and shouldn't be as high up as they are. It just reeks of cheap filler

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 am

Black Wizard wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Think this is the worst a line up has looked at this point in the year for me, not much in the way to entice me.

Not enough Thrash?

You can never have enough thrash! :D
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:You can never have enough thrash! :D

Damn right :D

Black Wizard wrote:

Not enough Thrash?

Too much Code Orange and Thy Art.. more like :lol:

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:15 pm

metalicbear wrote: Tesseract are a mid size band at best at BOA and shouldn't be as high up as they are. It just reeks of cheap filler

It's a conspiracy - throw in some filler (Tesseract, Code Orange, the looming Parkway Drive threat) to ensure that the bar gets decent traffic. If you just have great bands stacked up one after the other, no-one buys your beer !
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 pm

I'm not sure about everyone else on this forum in 2019, but for me, being someone who has been attending Bloodstock every year since 2008, I think this might be the greatest line up we've had for a long, long time (if you adopt the old ethos of what made a great Bloodstock line up great) - (without sounding like Donald Trump)

There are many bands that fit into my personal taste, that were also around 10ish years ago. Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Soilwork, Dimmu Borgir, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Ross the Boss, Evil Scarecrow (played in 2008 if you didnt know!), even Soulfly are an alright band. And then there are bands like Hypocrisy, Queensryche, Scorpions, etc that have been heavily requested all these years by those who use the forums. I'm so excited!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:13 am

Methuen wrote:
metalicbear wrote: Tesseract are a mid size band at best at BOA and shouldn't be as high up as they are. It just reeks of cheap filler

It's a conspiracy - throw in some filler (Tesseract, Code Orange, the looming Parkway Drive threat) to ensure that the bar gets decent traffic. If you just have great bands stacked up one after the other, no-one buys your beer !

Throw in filler like Tesseract, Code Orange and Parkway Drive to ensure your audience goes to another festival instead. There's the real conspiracy :eyes:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:32 pm

I really like Tesseract. They are nowhere near as mindlessly generic and terrible as Code Orange or Thy Art is Murder. They are far too high on the bill though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Leemanruss wrote:I'm not sure about everyone else on this forum in 2019, but for me, being someone who has been attending Bloodstock every year since 2008, I think this might be the greatest line up we've had for a long, long time (if you adopt the old ethos of what made a great Bloodstock line up great) - (without sounding like Donald Trump)

There are many bands that fit into my personal taste, that were also around 10ish years ago. Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Soilwork, Dimmu Borgir, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Ross the Boss, Evil Scarecrow (played in 2008 if you didnt know!), even Soulfly are an alright band. And then there are bands like Hypocrisy, Queensryche, Scorpions, etc that have been heavily requested all these years by those who use the forums. I'm so excited!

Absolutely! The line up is cracking and can only get better!!!

PorridgeBear
Lowly Peon

Postby PorridgeBear » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Am I right in thinking that the Saturday night headliner is yet to be announced? I can only find mention of Friday and Sunday being headliners in comms. to date. Line up pretty lacklustre so hoping for a strong Saturday night.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:59 pm

PorridgeBear wrote:Am I right in thinking that the Saturday night headliner is yet to be announced? I can only find mention of Friday and Sunday being headliners in comms. to date. Line up pretty lacklustre so hoping for a strong Saturday night.

Yes, we're still awaiting the Saturday headliner. All we know is it's a band who have never played before. The current rumour suggests Parkway Drive but I think that's people fearing the worst more than anyone having inside info.

It's currently the best Bloodstock line up for years in my opinion.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:32 pm

PorridgeBear wrote:Am I right in thinking that the Saturday night headliner is yet to be announced? I can only find mention of Friday and Sunday being headliners in comms. to date. Line up pretty lacklustre so hoping for a strong Saturday night.

Correct. The headliners so far are Sabaton on the Friday and Scorpions on the Sunday. Saturday's headliners are still to be announced. Obviously it's all subjective, but this is easily Bloodstock's strongest lineup for many years for me. They need something a bit more extreme for the Saturday headliner to balance things out, so hopefully you'll get something you like.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...