Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Next Announcement

Postby tmcgoay » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:23 pm

From what I've heard of parkway drive, I think they're crap, I'm going to buy a beer and watch them until my beer is finished, then I'll decide to either watch some more or buy more beer. I'm not going to waste my time moaning about them, they may entertain me with a live set
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:45 pm

This whole situation has become pathetic. On both sides, Vicky and BOA aren't blameless in all this either and have fuelled the fire over the course of a couple of days and I can't help but think they're loving the attention. Sharing Metal Hammers post on reactions to the announcement, posting exaggerated Parkway Drive announcement videos, Kerrang interviews with PWD, posting a big spiel about Metal bands playing a Metal festival and if you don't like it shut up or be banned.

Yet they can't grasp the the point that perhaps it's not the fact that PWD are a core band, perhaps it's the fact that people just don't like them fullstop. It's clear as day that this is the direction BOA wants to head in to and Vicky and the team are letting their own tastes get in the way of Bloodstocks appeal and are changing the demographic.

People have complained over the last few years that bands who are around at the same time are being overlooked and instead other bands who don't fit in with BOA are being booked. They're classing weightlifting as the main entertainment whilst pushing and promoting gym gear and products when the general audience isn't in to that kind of thing.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm

Yeah this social media thing is really being handled badly on both sides. They should have just made the announcement and left it at that! Although I understand they're trying to distance the festival from folks who are supposedly making "abusive, nasty and hateful comments" they also retweeted somebody who said "anybody who dares say no to this is a c**t" regarding PWD headlining so it works both ways! It'll be interesting to see where this one goes...

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am

What we all need is another band announcement asap.

Then we will have new bands to debate the merits of/complain about :yes:
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:13 am

They can easily sort this out by giving us a nice diverse announcement along the lines of Candlemass, Anaal Nathrakh, Kvelertak and HammerFall (or something similar).

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:00 am

metalicbear wrote:Vicky and BOA aren't blameless in all this either and have fuelled the fire over the course of a couple of days and I can't help but think they're loving the attention.

Course they are, it's all free advertising for the festival, it's being talked about all over, it's on Metal Hammer and the like, everyone's having their take on it. Did anyone give a shit when Scorpions were booked? It's a marketing powerplay and the "come out swinging" approach was clearly pre-meditated as they'll know what reaction was coming, happens nearly every year (Ghost, Trivium, Machine Head, Lamb of God, Down etc). It now stinks of hypocrisy (sorry Peter Tagtgren) though after they endorse some core fan calling people who don't like Parkway, Code Orange etc cunts, a big mis-step from whoever's running their social media.

Time for some Sophie bands :yes:
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 am

It is certainly out of order for the festival to start name calling people who criticize the line-up, but I'm sure there were some equally unsavoury comments made about Parkway Drive and the festival organizers on social media on Saturday night.

Maybe those of us who don't like Parkway Drive should wear t-shirts saying "Cunt and proud"?

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Black Wizard wrote:It is certainly out of order for the festival to start name calling people who criticize the line-up, but I'm sure there were some equally unsavoury comments made about Parkway Drive and the festival organizers on social media on Saturday night.

Maybe those of us who don't like Parkway Drive should wear t-shirts saying "Cunt and proud"?

I did wonder if someone on the staff has a favourite band / is best pals with a member of a bad getting an amazing amount of internet abuse. They did seem to react like a 13 year old when told 'Slipknot really are rubbish'.

Love the t-shirt idea !
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Methuen wrote:They did seem to react like a 13 year old when told 'Slipknot really are rubbish'.

I've seen Slayer fans react the same way to be fair! :P

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Are the Wacken forums getting the same hate for PWD?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:Are the Wacken forums getting the same hate for PWD?

One difference though is that at Wacken, there will be another 2-3 stages with bands on at the same time.

And the Wacken organisers havent been trying to wind people up about the announcement.

From a personal point of view, I don't get them at all. Dull as dishwater. I don't think they are the best fit for the festival either. HOWEVER, I wouldn't have said anything about it or made a thing about it if the organisers hadn't taken the opinion that I am wrong not to like them, and that I am less welcome at BOA because I don't like them.

I don't need patronising about how they are a metal band playing a metal festival

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:25 pm

A post from a user on another forum

"Exactly. It seems to me that even though it's a metal festival the majority of Bloodstock fans aren't quite open to Metalcore. Each to their own of course but metal is metal regardless of a sub genre label."

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:35 pm

cheesemason wrote:I don't need patronising about how they are a metal band playing a metal festival

It's kind of like the festival organizer equivalent of mansplaining.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:04 pm

cheesemason wrote:And the Wacken organisers havent been trying to wind people up about the announcement.

To be fair I don't think the organisers would've been so arrogant about it had people not overreacted so much in the first place. It seems like they've taken the 'we'll give back as good as we get' approach now. Yes, people are entitled to their opinion, and people can even slag off a band like they did with Ghost without getting called out on it. However, this is a completely different scale. I've seen comments wishing bankruptcy on the festival, and then even comments (that have been swiftly deleted) wishing illness or even death on the organisers and the band. Over the top much? If people were just a bit dignified in first place and said something like 'absolute rubbish, I'll be in the bar' then I don't think they'd be so eager to knock people down a level. Can't expect to act like a complete bellend and not be pulled up about it.

Saying that, retweeting the cunts post was a ridiculous decision, especially considering the 'family friendly' stance they like to take. As I've said before, the whole thing is pathetic now and both sides need to just get over it and get on with their lives. It's a music festival, not the end of the world

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm

kurrupo wrote:
cheesemason wrote:And the Wacken organisers havent been trying to wind people up about the announcement.

To be fair I don't think the organisers would've been so arrogant about it had people not overreacted so much in the first place. It seems like they've taken the 'we'll give back as good as we get' approach now. Yes, people are entitled to their opinion, and people can even slag off a band like they did with Ghost without getting called out on it. However, this is a completely different scale. I've seen comments wishing bankruptcy on the festival, and then even comments (that have been swiftly deleted) wishing illness or even death on the organisers and the band. Over the top much? If people were just a bit dignified in first place and said something like 'absolute rubbish, I'll be in the bar' then I don't think they'd be so eager to knock people down a level. Can't expect to act like a complete bellend and not be pulled up about it.

Saying that, retweeting the cunts post was a ridiculous decision, especially considering the 'family friendly' stance they like to take. As I've said before, the whole thing is pathetic now and both sides need to just get over it and get on with their lives. It's a music festival, not the end of the world

Very true, wishing death on the band is in very bad taste considering what they went through over the last few years...
Last edited by Bagpuss66 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.