Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:24 pm

Soze wrote:I thought Ghost were superb at Bloodstock, as did the majority of people I was with. One of my favourite headline performances tbh.

I thought they were OK, but nothing more. In particular, I think they suffered by having to follow a headline worthy set from Kreator.

Soze wrote:The Scorpions are most definitely a metal band. I hate this retconning of musical styles

I couldn't agree more. I've said exactly the same thing many times. Scorpions are metal (indeed, I have argued and continue to believe that they created the genre). The fact that heavier metal came along later doesn't suddenly make them not metal.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:46 pm

See Bloodsock have just put out a post on Facebook asking everyone to calm down and respect people’s opinions and to stop the bullying aggressive behaviour of some.
And then you read the comments underneath and it just flares all up again. It is all getting a bit silly now.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 pm

So announcement next Tuesday if we're back to the usual 2 week schedule?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:See Bloodsock have just put out a post on Facebook asking everyone to calm down and respect people’s opinions and to stop the bullying aggressive behaviour of some.
And then you read the comments underneath and it just flares all up again. It is all getting a bit silly now.

The problem is when they retweeted a tweet calling people who don’t like Parkway Drive cunts, they lost all moral high ground and all power to have a reasoned debate.

Vicky and the Bloodstock twitter have been stoking the argument for days

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:34 pm

I've unliked the FB page as it's getting beyond a joke now. They really should reign it in, Opinions are fine but it;s gone past opinions now, it's become vitriolic.

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:14 pm

JB65 wrote:I've unliked the FB page as it's getting beyond a joke now. They really should reign it in, Opinions are fine but it;s gone past opinions now, it's become vitriolic.

It is getting a bit mad considering PD are headlining at Wacken!
I think a lot of people thought Slayer would be headlining this year, but if that happened I'm sure people would have moaned about that as well!

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:23 pm

From what I've heard of parkway drive, I think they're crap, I'm going to buy a beer and watch them until my beer is finished, then I'll decide to either watch some more or buy more beer. I'm not going to waste my time moaning about them, they may entertain me with a live set
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:45 pm

This whole situation has become pathetic. On both sides, Vicky and BOA aren't blameless in all this either and have fuelled the fire over the course of a couple of days and I can't help but think they're loving the attention. Sharing Metal Hammers post on reactions to the announcement, posting exaggerated Parkway Drive announcement videos, Kerrang interviews with PWD, posting a big spiel about Metal bands playing a Metal festival and if you don't like it shut up or be banned.

Yet they can't grasp the the point that perhaps it's not the fact that PWD are a core band, perhaps it's the fact that people just don't like them fullstop. It's clear as day that this is the direction BOA wants to head in to and Vicky and the team are letting their own tastes get in the way of Bloodstocks appeal and are changing the demographic.

People have complained over the last few years that bands who are around at the same time are being overlooked and instead other bands who don't fit in with BOA are being booked. They're classing weightlifting as the main entertainment whilst pushing and promoting gym gear and products when the general audience isn't in to that kind of thing.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm

Yeah this social media thing is really being handled badly on both sides. They should have just made the announcement and left it at that! Although I understand they're trying to distance the festival from folks who are supposedly making "abusive, nasty and hateful comments" they also retweeted somebody who said "anybody who dares say no to this is a c**t" regarding PWD headlining so it works both ways! It'll be interesting to see where this one goes...

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am

What we all need is another band announcement asap.

Then we will have new bands to debate the merits of/complain about :yes:
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:13 am

They can easily sort this out by giving us a nice diverse announcement along the lines of Candlemass, Anaal Nathrakh, Kvelertak and HammerFall (or something similar).

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 am

It is certainly out of order for the festival to start name calling people who criticize the line-up, but I'm sure there were some equally unsavoury comments made about Parkway Drive and the festival organizers on social media on Saturday night.

Maybe those of us who don't like Parkway Drive should wear t-shirts saying "Cunt and proud"?

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Black Wizard wrote:It is certainly out of order for the festival to start name calling people who criticize the line-up, but I'm sure there were some equally unsavoury comments made about Parkway Drive and the festival organizers on social media on Saturday night.

Maybe those of us who don't like Parkway Drive should wear t-shirts saying "Cunt and proud"?

I did wonder if someone on the staff has a favourite band / is best pals with a member of a bad getting an amazing amount of internet abuse. They did seem to react like a 13 year old when told 'Slipknot really are rubbish'.

Love the t-shirt idea !
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Methuen wrote:They did seem to react like a 13 year old when told 'Slipknot really are rubbish'.

I've seen Slayer fans react the same way to be fair! :P

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Are the Wacken forums getting the same hate for PWD?