Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:54 pm

WorMzy wrote:Oh god, Ghost Bath. What a way to start a morning. :lol:

One repeat booking that'd go down well :lol:

What with Sacred Reich announcing a Nov/Dec tour today, maybe announced tomorrow to drum up a bit more publicity for them?

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:55 pm

Sacred Reich announced a UK tour in November today, be cool if they add Bloodstock as a date tomorrow!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Soze wrote:Sacred Reich announced a UK tour in November today, be cool if they add Bloodstock as a date tomorrow!

^ I have some good ideas don't I? :P :lol:

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:14 am

Siberian Meat Grinder are playing Boomtown in Winchester on the same weekend as BOA, so that would be particularly cool if they're announced today.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 am

Sacred Reich are so badly overdue to play that is is ridiculous.

Come on BOA - make this happen.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 am

Taake will be an excellent hour or two in the tent.

Not sure on the others - seems to be a mix of more core / emo bands and Raging Speedhorn from some pub back room ?
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:15 am

Taake! Much better band to end Saturday on than PWD.

And the rest just show how lacking in imagination the booking team are these days.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am

Wow. And people said the last announcement was bad.

Another waste of a slot on Saturday main stage.
And as I’m only going to be there on Friday I was generally hoping for a decent international death metal band or something to watch between Powerwolf and sabaton on the Sophie stage..... something like Vader, unleashed or krisiun and instead we get Raging Speedhorn! Does anyone actually still care about them.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:25 am

Not much in this for me, Saturday's RJD lineup just got even worse for me. I love Taake but will probably miss them after abandoning the arena while PWD are playing. Like Resin so barring clashes I'll watch them.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 am

So instead of trying to nullify the shitstorm of the last announcement, they announce more metalcore bands. We'll done BOA.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 am

Bit like last year. Good couple first announcements, then just a lot of dross.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:37 am

Well Taake are great but apart from that, what an utter pile of horseshit.

Raging Speedhorn? REALLY? Are they still a thing? Thought they crawled back under their stone long ago.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:44 am

They really don't give a shit any more do they? After one of the worst received announcements ever, instead of doing an announcement of bands that the regulars might actually like they add...Cancer Bats. I remember a conversation with a mate around 6/7 years ago, after they added Hatebreed, and I was worried about where it would end, and the joke was "at least they'll never book Cancer Bats". Well, that's changed.

Taake are a decent announcement for the festival I guess, but they are utter bullshit black metal for me. Slower, boring, nothing interesting happening there. Shame, Wolves in the Throne Room would have been so much better.

Raging Speedhorn are one of the worst bands ever to grace the mainstage at Bloodstock, can't imagine they'd fare much better in a tent. They should have died years ago.

There's a place in hell reserved for bands that replace letters with V's in band names. With that form Shvpes aren't off to a good start. After listening to them they aren't off to a good continuation. Come on Bloodstock, you don't need MORE of this shit?

Generation Kill are generic thrash. If I stay at Bloodstock on Saturday, I guess I'd have to watch them. I don't like thrash. Still one of the best bands playing that day...

Resin are playing. Again. Woo.

As you might have guessed I'm not happy with this announcement.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 am

Skippy wrote:They really don't give a shit any more do they? After one of the worst received announcements ever, instead of doing an announcement of bands that the regulars might actually like they add...Cancer Bats. I remember a conversation with a mate around 6/7 years ago, after they added Hatebreed, and I was worried about where it would end, and the joke was "at least they'll never book Cancer Bats". Well, that's changed.

Taake are a decent announcement for the festival I guess, but they are utter bullshit black metal for me. Slower, boring, nothing interesting happening there. Shame, Wolves in the Throne Room would have been so much better.

Raging Speedhorn are one of the worst bands ever to grace the mainstage at Bloodstock, can't imagine they'd fare much better in a tent. They should have died years ago.

There's a place in hell reserved for bands that replace letters with V's in band names. With that form Shvpes aren't off to a good start. After listening to them they aren't off to a good continuation. Come on Bloodstock, you don't need MORE of this shit?

Generation Kill are generic thrash. If I stay at Bloodstock on Saturday, I guess I'd have to watch them. I don't like thrash. Still one of the best bands playing that day...

Pretty much sums it up for me. I'll give Taake a watch though, actually quite like what I've heard of them.

Cancer Bats seems such a waste of a mainstage slot but they seem to have gone down well on Facebook with people who are going to get a Saturday day ticket. Maybe that's what they're going for judging by the state of the Saturday mainstage. Get in a load of bands like Cancer Bats, Code Orange and Thy Art Is Murder and sell a ton of day tickets.

Raging Speedhorn are crap and a waste of great 2nd stage slot. Shvpes are garbage too and the other 2 are just meh. Very disappointing

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:55 am

kurrupo wrote:
Skippy wrote:They really don't give a shit any more do they? After one of the worst received announcements ever, instead of doing an announcement of bands that the regulars might actually like they add...Cancer Bats. I remember a conversation with a mate around 6/7 years ago, after they added Hatebreed, and I was worried about where it would end, and the joke was "at least they'll never book Cancer Bats". Well, that's changed.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I'll give Taake a watch though, actually quite like what I've heard of them.

Cancer Bats seems such a waste of a mainstage slot but they seem to have gone down well on Facebook with people who are going to get a Saturday day ticket. Maybe that's what they're going for judging by the state of the Saturday mainstage. Get in a load of bands like Cancer Bats, Code Orange and Thy Art Is Murder and sell a ton of day tickets.

Raging Speedhorn are crap and a waste of great 2nd stage slot. Shvpes are garbage too and the other 2 are just meh. Very disappointing

Nail on the head with the day ticket for Saturday, The arena is gonna be full of kung fu fucktards all day.