Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:34 am

Of those, Devin is far and away the best choice. Hasn't played in a while, hasn't headlined before and is getting to be around the right size. And he's good. Lamb of God are horrendous, easily the worst band there for me, but would probably go down really well for some utterly baffling reason. Behemoth aren't my cup of tea but they have a good show and do what they do well. Trivium didn't do so well last time, and are actually one of the most boring live bands I've ever seen. If they do come back, booking them as a special guest would be better, if only because it looks like the festival has grown. Priest are probably the worst band there they could book. Not only is it too soon, they were pretty poor last year, and would end up eating so much of the budget we'd end up with Beholder's comeback show as special guest.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:21 am

Jay1993 wrote:So a poll has been put up on the community section of BOA's YouTube channel asking people who they want to headline next year. The options are Trivium, Devin Townsend, Behemoth, Judas Priest and Lamb of God so looks like we can expect one of those next year!

Is this a way of weeding out the least divisive repeat booking? :lol:

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 pm

As I missed priest last year they get my vote!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:06 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:So a poll has been put up on the community section of BOA's YouTube channel asking people who they want to headline next year. The options are Trivium, Devin Townsend, Behemoth, Judas Priest and Lamb of God so looks like we can expect one of those next year!

Maybe! Or perhaps they've already booked one divisive headliner and are trying to make sure the next is a crowd pleaser...

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

Maybe! Or perhaps they've already booked one divisive headliner and are trying to make sure the next is a crowd pleaser...

I like your thinking. That set me wondering, who is the most divisive headliner Bloodstock could book? Five Finger Death Punch? Steel Panther? Babymetal? Bullet for My Valentine? Stryper featuring Count Grisnackh? Or Ted Nugent and Phil Anselmos new supergroup?

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:11 am

phuqsticks wrote:Stryper featuring Count Grisnackh?

Calling on You[ronymous] ?
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:45 am

phuqsticks wrote: That set me wondering, who is the most divisive headliner Bloodstock could book? Five Finger Death Punch? Steel Panther? Babymetal? Bullet for My Valentine? Stryper featuring Count Grisnackh? Or Ted Nugent and Phil Anselmos new supergroup?

Pretty much all of those would guarantee my non attendance
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:07 am

Jay1993 wrote:

Then Trivium is not the band to book :lol:

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:49 am

phuqsticks wrote:I like your thinking. That set me wondering, who is the most divisive headliner Bloodstock could book? Five Finger Death Punch? Steel Panther? Babymetal? Bullet for My Valentine? Stryper featuring Count Grisnackh? Or Ted Nugent and Phil Anselmos new supergroup?

I get the impression that Five Finger Death Punch are a band on the rise, and it won't be too long before they're headlining Download. If they want to book them, I think it's going to have to be a headline slot for 2020 before the opportunity passes.

Please let the opportunity pass.

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:19 am

So a bunch more Sophie bands announced today:

Wheel
Solitary
Violblast
Crescent
Blood Red Hourglass
The Parallax Method

The Parallax Method are the only one on that list I've heard of from their previous BOA appearance, but from the descriptions there's probably going to be some stuff for me to enjoy in there. More music for the pre-listening pile.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:39 am

robin8585 wrote:So a bunch more Sophie bands announced today:

Wheel
Solitary
Violblast
Crescent
Blood Red Hourglass
The Parallax Method.

Not heard of any of them. First time ever there has been a Sophie announcement that's happened. Either I am old and out of touch or the level of bands on Sophie has plummeted. Funnily enough I know more of the bands in the m2m events than on the Sophie stage this year
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:44 am

I know none of these bands (I don't get out much) - youtube time!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:23 am

Don't know any of these, time to for a bit of listening.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:25 am

Wheel are half decent, and I'll probably watch The Parallax Method just for something different on the Saturday. Cresent are alright as well I guess. The rest don't interest me in the slightest.

So judging by last year, the Sophie stage Sunday is full. I was hoping we'd have some bigger names added, but it seems like The Lazys are the sub headliners. Still seem very odd for me.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 am

Czech's Mate wrote:Either I am old and out of touch or the level of bands on Sophie has plummeted.

It's very much the latter, sadly. I too was unaware of any of these bands before the announcement. Having now listened to them, none of them are for me. Bloodred Hourglass sounded OK for a bit until the vocals kicked in.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...