Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodblind » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Oh for fucks sake, hurrumph . The line up started really promising and now it's just filling up with shite. I agree same as last year, I ended up not going last year and unless there's some miraculous good announcement to come I might skip this year as well. :o

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Wow, each to their own I guess. There will be a lot of people at the bar or buying merc if the comments are anything to go by. That's if these people even go, depends how many bands that you personally like that makes you buy a ticket I guess.

For me theine up is. A cracking one an dthe latest announcement looks good. Having a listen to all the bands there's not one I wouldn't listen go apart from maybe generation kill. Shvpes are great live as are raging speed horn if I recall.

Its shvping up nicely (hoho)
For me anyhow

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Taake add to an already strong lineup for me.

I don't care about the others, but I'm still happy.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:40 pm

There are so many better bands touring similar fests at the same time...instead we get more disappointment...

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm

I was really hoping for some Death Metal in this announcement. Something like Unleashed, Jungle Rot, Obscura or Rivers of Rihil would've be great in the slot that Raging Speedhorn took. In fact, the whole lineup is severely lacking in Death so far. It isn't my favourite subgenre and I don't usually go out of my way to see death metal gigs but I always like to catch a few bands at Bloodstock so quite disappointed at the lack of it thus far

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:03 pm

I saw Cancer Bats back at Download 2007 (my first festival). They were... fine? Not paid attention to them since though.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:27 pm

I will check out Taake as I have never seen them but the rest of the announcement is utter shite.

My liver is getting the fear about the amount of bar/bag of cans time I will have on the Saturday.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 pm

kurrupo wrote:I was really hoping for some Death Metal in this announcement. Something like Unleashed, Jungle Rot, Obscura or Rivers of Rihil would've be great in the slot that Raging Speedhorn took. In fact, the whole lineup is severely lacking in Death so far. It isn't my favourite subgenre and I don't usually go out of my way to see death metal gigs but I always like to catch a few bands at Bloodstock so quite disappointed at the lack of it thus far

Same for folk metal, there's always a lack of that too! There used to be many but now they are very few, if at all...

There's 3 melodeath bands if that counts as death metal :lol:
EDIT: I would love all 4 of those bands to be at BS !

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Same for folk metal, there's always a lack of that too! There used to be many but now they are very few, if at all...

Yeah I forgot about the 3 melodeath bands (strange considering I'll be watching all 3!). Also agree about the folk metal but I at least expect something from that genre for the Thursday as usual.

Even though this particular announcement is disappointing for me I'm still happy with the overall lineup. Still got plenty to watch over the weekend, with a nice gap on Saturday afternoon to chill for a bit!

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:03 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:
Same for folk metal, there's always a lack of that too! There used to be many but now they are very few, if at all...

HRH are getting more specific genre festivals, HRH Vikings has got a lot of the folk stuff this time, stuff we used to get at Bloodstock.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 pm

I get the feeling Thy Art is Murder are supposed to fill the death metal void this year - and Hypocrisy I guess. I can't say I really miss it as I hate death metal, but that Saturday is just too filled with boring, bland bullshit. I hope Swallow the Sun are opening so I can fuck off somewhere else for the rest of the day.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Skippy wrote:I get the feeling Thy Art is Murder are supposed to fill the death metal void this year - and Hypocrisy I guess. I can't say I really miss it as I hate death metal, but that Saturday is just too filled with boring, bland bullshit. I hope Swallow the Sun are opening so I can fuck off somewhere else for the rest of the day.

Judging by the lineup page on the website it looks as if Cancer Bats are on before them. I think that may be wrong though cos the posters on social media have Cancer Bats a lot higher up the bill. Plus I thought they were fairly big?

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 pm

I'd actually rate that announcement as worse than the previous one (and I actually like Taake) as at least you could pretend PD will sell some day tickets for the Saturday so would be good for the festival if not good to watch.

Saturday looks like complete garbage for me, I've three bands I want to see spread out over the entire day so I'm held hostage for large chunks of the day if I want to see them all. Really regretting getting my tickets already for Bloodstock this year, I want to off load them now and go to Brutal Assault instead but who'd buy them for anywhere near cost, its not like the festival will sell out.

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm

HRH are getting more specific genre festivals, HRH Vikings has got a lot of the folk stuff this time, stuff we used to get at Bloodstock.

So that's where the folk is hiding!
Thanks for pointing this out, no idea it was a thing.
May have to book myself a trip to Sheffield :D

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Cancer Bats are definitely bigger than Swallow the Sun though I much prefer Swallow the Sun. :(
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee: