Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby kurrupo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:40 pm

Bagpuss66 wrote:
Powerslave wrote:Def Leppard who are headling Download this year?

Parkway Drive played there last year. And it would fit the bill for a Sunday Classic headliner like The Scorpions.

PD only headlined second stage to be fair, whereas Def Lep are main headliner this year. So absolutely no chance they'll play BOA.

Still makes me laugh how many people on Facebook think current Download headliners could play BOA. Can't believe how many people think Rammstein are a genuine possibility for next year

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:27 pm

Personally I think it’s Devin Townsend.
As his latest album is being raved about by all the Bloodstock main people, it wouldn’t be a big shock.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:02 am

I guess Devin is big enough to headline now - either him or a return for Behemoth would be my shouts for headliner.

I think the other two will be Megadave and Stone Sour so one of those for the announcement is my guess.

Sums up how little there is to be excited about for this year's lineup still to be announced that they have to say this so early.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:47 am

Devin headlining would please me and would be popular with a lot (though certainly not all!) of the people on here. Failing that would Volbeat be a possibility?
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am

My guess is Opeth or Behemoth as the smaller headliner. The more commercial band being Architects or Five Finger Death Punch and the classic headliner being Megadeth. Also expecting Body Count to be on the lineup.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:33 pm

Can definitely see devin townsend and behemoth as contenders and i would welcome both. Would still love ghost to return with their new show but I've also got a feeling it will be someone who hasn't played before.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:41 pm

Christ on a bike!

I would prefer Parkway Drive to some of the suggestions so far. :ugh:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Seen Vicky say she no to Bring me the Horizon but would love to book Architects. Make of that what you want. :)
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:54 pm

Christ in a canoe, not fucking Def Leppard. One of the most boring bands I've ever had to witness.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:57 pm

She can Cluck right off with that announcement!

Amon Amarth is a good shout
Helloween would be mighty nice
Manowar but it wont happen
Volbeat has probabilities

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:34 am

I think Amon Amarth would be a pretty safe choice, in the sense of what is likely to get a good reaction from the live crowd when announced.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:54 am

I know they're divisive but I wouldn't be surprised if we get Ghost again. I think sooner or later they'll become too big for Bloodstock so wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to get them in one last time before that happens

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:54 am

Given that it's being announced at the festival via the video screens, I would expect it to be a band that hasn't headlined before to give it that 'wow' factor that they presumably want.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:51 am

Three of Amon Amarth, Devin Townsend, Behemoth, Helloween and Megadeth would be pretty good

Which means it won't be them.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:24 am

jwh20 wrote:Three of Amon Amarth, Devin Townsend, Behemoth, Helloween and Megadeth would be pretty good

Which means it won't be them.

hmmm, pretty uninspired considering most have already been at the festival very recently. Megadeth are great, but having the same final headliner every 3 years is too much.

Helloween no way, special guest at max, and they charge way too much anyway. Behemoth probably would just be SG too, looking at the size of the headliners this year and last year.