Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Soze wrote:I can't possibly fathom how someone could not have a good time watching Sabaton.

I'm a casual fan but found myself getting bored towards the end of their set the last time they played, found it a bit monotonous after awhile.

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I stand corrected then :D

I had got it into my head that there was always a couple of bands for the following year announced over the weekend of BOA.

Nope, that year they announced 7-8 bands in November for the first announcement.

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote: rather than the fest possibly relocating to Pentrich as was widely speculated.

That completely passed me by, where did that come from?

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:43 am

Soze wrote:I can't possibly fathom how someone could not have a good time watching Sabaton.
I really just don't like power metal. If they were a death metal band and somebody said they don't like death metal would you be as surprised that they wouldn't want to watch them?

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:07 pm

http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comme ... s_id=34163

Does this make Slayer any more likely do we reckon? :eyes:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:09 am

Jay1993 wrote:http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34163

Does this make Slayer any more likely do we reckon? :eyes:

Perhaps, but also more likely for Download too.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:59 am

Just stick 'em at Download, rather than taking up a headline slot at Bloodstock for a third time. Slayer headlining would be massively underwhelming at this point simply from a standpoint that their show didn't really change from 2013 to 2016 so I have no faith it will have changed for next year either.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Are Rammstein too big?

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:25 pm

I would have thought so. Headlined Download a few years ago
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:41 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:Are Rammstein too big?

Waayyyyy too big

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:13 pm

Just stop mentioning Slayer, Megadeth, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Machine Head, Rob Zombie and any dubious Metal core bands and repeats in this thread and hopefully it wont happen

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Ok. Slayer have a valid reason for a headline repeat. Megadeth probably won't happen for at least another year or two. Korn, despite repeated claims via this forum, are actually quite popular and would probably go down quite well as a headliner. Manson has also never played, would probably be a disaster, but is a big name and would sell tickets. I seem to recall Machine Head are on hiatus from touring festivals, so we may be safe. Rob Zombie would be well received by a large number of Bloodstock attendees.

I do appreciate there are bands in there that neither of us particularly enjoy but we can just as easily go for a beer, queue for some food, go back to the tent for a bit, enjoy the dodgems (drunken or otherwise).

I remember a forum alumni member saying "I heard Lamb of God have been booked bext year", and my response being " Nah, they'll never book a band like that at Bloodstock". Then they were announced. Then I thought about it. Yeah, they're metal so they do have a place here. Then the following year when they took to the stage I did something else and did something else. I think I emptied my bladder, bought another beer and visited another stage. Might have even starting chatting utter bollocks to a randomer. All I remember is that I found something else to do instead of watching a band I don't enjoy.

Plus it's getting rather difficult to find bands of that size who have not played.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:53 am

Do we have any idea when we will hear anything re the first bands announced?
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:06 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Do we have any idea when we will hear anything re the first bands announced?

I think someone said Vicky put up an instagram post saying sometime in September

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:56 am

Her instagram page is just pictures of her in bikinis or at the gym.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:16 am

Skippy wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:
This has to be the longest we have gone without not a single band being announced so far. Since I started attending in 2015 there have always been a couple of bands announced over the festival weekend.

I remember being at Damnation for the first bands of 2017, so that's November. Its not even close to the longest wait, its not even September yet, the festival was only 2 weeks ago.

Download haven't announced any bands either and that's a couple of months earlier than Bloodstock. The trend of announcing next years bands early is a recent one for Bloodstock. A few years ago you had to wait a long time.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Her instagram page is just pictures of her in bikinis or at the gym.

Yes, but if you zoom in you'll see it says "Announcement September" on her bikini bottoms.
I see the bad moon arising.