Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next Announcement

Postby cheesemason » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:08 pm

If Devin plays, he headlines no question. As has been previously said he’s bigger than ever. Add to that that next year’s (not this year’s) tour he will be playing Strapping Young Lad songs for the first time in nearly 15 years and he’s a definite headliner.

Behemoth? If they had an orchestra that would be a special enough show to put them back to being a headliner (remember they have already headlined once)

Not saying either will headline next year, but if they play they will headline

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Dunno about overall attendance, but weekend camper numbers looked to be down this year. None of the campsites were full, and that's with one less field vs. last year.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 pm

On the subject of Devin & Behemoth, if they are both playing I can see Devin headlining (particularly if he's playing SYL songs) on the Saturday with Behemoth as special guests.

Now that is partly wishful thinking on my part as if they have to be on the lineup, I'd rather this be the scenario so we could go back to the hotel before both bands and get an early night :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Parkway were really good, but their crowd didn't seem particularly big - there was loads of space around me, and I wasn't really far back. Sabaton's was bigger. It wasn't particularly small either though.

I think Devin and Behemoth could both headline, but not in the same year. I think next year we'll see Devin, and maybe the year after Behemoth back again.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Is it true that Skindred are sub-headlining next year?

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:47 pm

Line-up page has them below Vio-lence, but it also has BDM below Sacred Reich which doesn't seem right at least to me.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:13 am

I could see Skindred being a Special Guest. IIRC they were 3rd down last time and drew one of the single largest crowds I've ever seen at the festival. They'll headline in a few years for sure.

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:14 am

someone else wrote:Apparently PWD sold more day tickets than anyone - which is fine but indicates there is a bit of a divide between them and weekend ticket buyers.

As for the biggest- Slayer or Priest

Makes a lot of sense (the divide) - I went back to my tent for a pre-Taake nap during Parkway's slot, and the site was packed - groups in their camps, people just wandering about, at the food van / bar. Plenty of people wandering around back to their cars / getting jobs done like that.

Handy slot if you need to chill / sort out some admin before the Sophie headliner, I suppose ?

Also - the crowd for Priest was colossal - I ended up going over the barrier, and it was all the way back to the awnings on the food stands.
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Yeah, Vicky claiming that Parkway had the biggest crowd they've ever had at Bloodstock - no way that was the case, that's bullshit. I don't think she realises that a lot of the reaction to the Parkway booking in the first place was because of her own social media posts and her attempts at stoking the fire.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Yeah, weird move to try and antagonise the people who buy the product you sell. That coupled with the other guy who had a list of reasons why this year's line-up was good, and all the fans were wrong was pretty unprofessional, like people are allowed to criticise something they enjoy, especially when it costs as much as it does. Is there any other festival with the same attitude? Seems really entitled.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Skippy wrote:Yeah, Vicky claiming that Parkway had the biggest crowd they've ever had at Bloodstock - no way that was the case, that's bullshit. I don't think she realises that a lot of the reaction to the Parkway booking in the first place was because of her own social media posts and her attempts at stoking the fire.

They're still doing it now posting Parkway Drive reviews promoted by the knuckle dragging Metal Hammer, saying how they proved everyone wrong.

The problem was and still is BOA going out of their way to promote PWD whilst ignoring the rest of the lineup, they're obviously insecure about the booking and if that's the case, why book them in the first place.

As for biggest crowd, how can they have the biggest crowd, when they didn't sell as many tickets as previous years, to the point where VIP took until the month of the festival to sell out, whereas normally it sells out straight away, they closed at least 1 campsite compared to previous years and even then, the rest were empty.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Parkway's crowd looked large but once you got up to the where the cameras/disabled area is there was acres of space. To be honest, I think Evil Scarecrow's crowd the same day was probably quite a bit larger from what I saw. Can't compare it to the other headliners as I was too far forward to gauge crowd size.

I don't see who they are pleasing though? The weekend goers aren't that bothered because they just went to the campsite to drink and a couple of PD fans I know said the atmosphere even in the crowd that wanted to watch them wasn't good compared to what they would usually expect.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 pm

I was in the Rock Soc tent for their performance and they seemed to have a pretty big audience from that angle. However, the Rock Soc tent was almost deserted, which is pretty rare, so I guess most weekenders headed back to camp, and the day ticketers made up the bulk of the audience.

My own opinion of the band was that they were okay, but nothing jumped out and grabbed my attention (except for the pyro, which was nice and warm even back where we were sat).
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Ghost wrote:Vio-lence
Sacred Reich
Skindred
Dark tranquility
Butcher babies
The black dahlia murder

Announced.

Very happy with that, great statement of intent.

Never thought i'd get to see Vio-lence so huge draw for me; Sacred Reich and DT are rarities so give the festival more of a unique feel which has been missing the last few years. BDM and BB are both good acts for me.

Thing is with Skindred, they could play any slot on the line up given they play just about anywhere no matter how big or small. They'd be best suited to headlining the Thursday to be honest, good way to get the weekend off in a party mood and in a mostly throw away slot. If they end up 3rd again then it'll seem like it's BOA's turn have them after their being at DL and R&L.

R.E. PwD, I left halfway through and judging by the ease it took me to get through and out of the crowd + the amount of people in the campsite it wasn't the all conquering smash they're hyping it to be. It wasn't a failure by any means but I've seen bigger crowds at BOA before (and in smaller slots)

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:13 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:I know there's plenty of folk that don't like Parkway Drive but fair play to this guy:
https://www.theprp.com/2019/07/31/news/ ... -accident/

It was done playing football according to a report today.