Postby GoreCrazy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:51 am

Ghost wrote:Vio-lence
Sacred Reich
Skindred
Dark tranquility
Butcher babies
The black dahlia murder

Announced.

Pretty chuffed with this announcement to be fair, Skindred and Butcher Babies aside. To rant about Skindred I can't believe the amount of people who are so excited for them! I mean I saw them at DL this year and whilst not my cup of tea they were entertaining. However they tour and play festivals so frequently that they've become like Anthrax (although granted a lot worse musically). In terms of the other artists it's nice to see some rarer bands in Sacred Reich, Dark Tranquillity and Vio-Lence. Also Black Dahlia are a welcome addition especially since the release Nightbringers. My only annoyance with this announcement is that there are no headliners, come on give us Fate!

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Next Announcement

Postby robin8585 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:27 am

Ghost wrote:Vio-lence
Sacred Reich
Skindred
Dark tranquility
Butcher babies
The black dahlia murder

Announced.

For a first announcement, it's fine. Dark Tranquility are great, Skindred were good fun last time, and Vio-lence and Sacred Reich are both bands I'd happily watch. Nothing that sells me on a early bird ticket yet though.

red_death
Definitely Not Nu

Postby red_death » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:56 am

Confirmation bias fans ahoy - lots of people (including the promoter) putting out fairly anecdotal evidence (or in the case of largest number of day tickets - irrelevant if your takings for the rest of the festival are down) so here's mine.

A lot more space both in the campsites and arena, lack of major queues at bars and food places, VIP took ages to sell out and the festival didn't come close to selling out - all says one thing to me ie that numbers were down considerably.

Although PD are not my thing, I don't think the blame is entirely down to them - the whole line up was pretty mediocre (even though I really enjoyed lots of it) in terms of "size"/fame of bands.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:55 am

Vio-Lence and Sacred Reich are excellent for me and just got into Dark Tranquility.

Good start and I have high hopes for 2020, just bought my VIP ticket.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Early days yet so nowt to crow about until next years bill really takes shape

No one has asked for Butcher Babies...............ever?

Black Dahlia Murder were awful last time, again not seen people begging for them back

Sacred Reich and Vio-lence are great bookings, just about every major Thrash band bar Metallica have now played Bloodstock!

Dark Tranquility are decent melodeth so I`m taking it an album coming out?

Skindred is just odd, again easy re-booking and no-one begging for them back, Thursday night headliner for me

Hopefully they have learned how well everybody enjoyed a folk metal jig Sunday night and will have perhaps Turisas headlining the Sophie next year ?

Roll on the 2020 wishlist

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:34 pm

varangian wrote:No one has asked for Butcher Babies...............ever?

Maybe people on social media asked for them? Not a band I have any interest in though.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Oh not the Facebook page!

" Why haven't Metallica been announced ?" and other gems of wisdom

I`d love to BOA to falsely announce announce the Spice Girls as Sunday headliners just to see all the people who have absolutely no intention of ever going to a BOA tag a load of mates

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:16 pm

varangian wrote:
No one has asked for Butcher Babies...............ever?

I didn't but now I've listened to them I'm looking forward to them :D

As an added bonus, it's been quite funny telling people who aren't into metal the line up
"I'm going to go see the butcher babies; violence and black dahlia murder are going to be there too. Particularly looking forward to Sacred Reich as well". :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:12 pm

varangian wrote:Oh not the Facebook page!

I`d love to BOA to falsely announce announce the Spice Girls as Sunday headliners just to see all the people who have absolutely no intention of ever going to a BOA tag a load of mates

There was a football commentary last season where the commentor said "Metallica and the Spice Girls are playing here at the Etihad soon".

Stuart Pearce replied "On the same bill? Can't see that going down well." :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:06 pm

varangian wrote:Oh not the Facebook page!

We are proud to announced Metal legends METALLICA as the first headlining for BLOODSTOCK OPEN AIR 2020 playing an exclusive set of their iconic album 'ST. ANGER' in its entirety with an encore of classic songs 'I DISAPPEAR', 'RONNIE' and, from the popular 'LULU' album, 'DRAGON'. Kirk and Rob will play one of their awkward covers as a second encore before drummer Lars Ulrich returns to close the set with a no holds barred drum solo.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Tag: Chris Dick, Larry Lurex, Brian Sausage, Dave Mallard, Brendan Love, its Metallica! Definitely, definitely so going to this! :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 pm

As I said in the other thread I reckon Megadeth and Five Finger Death Punch (not really familiar with them).
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:12 pm

I`d accept the High Priest if the setlist were something like

Hellion/Electric Eye/Out in the Cold/The Sentinel/Dissident aggressor/Riding on the wind/Jawbreaker/Beyond the Realms of death/Metal Meltdown/A touch of Evil/Battlecry/Diamonds and Rust/Nightcrawler/you dont have to be old to be wise/Blood red skies/Screaming for Vengeance/Victim of Changes

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:47 am

Please not FFDP, utter pish band
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Dark Tranquility still not on the line up page, what gives?
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)