Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:12 pm

varangian wrote:Oh not the Facebook page!

" Why haven't Metallica been announced ?" and other gems of wisdom

I`d love to BOA to falsely announce announce the Spice Girls as Sunday headliners just to see all the people who have absolutely no intention of ever going to a BOA tag a load of mates

There was a football commentary last season where the commentor said "Metallica and the Spice Girls are playing here at the Etihad soon".

Stuart Pearce replied "On the same bill? Can't see that going down well." :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:06 pm

varangian wrote:Oh not the Facebook page!

" Why haven't Metallica been announced ?" and other gems of wisdom

I`d love to BOA to falsely announce announce the Spice Girls as Sunday headliners just to see all the people who have absolutely no intention of ever going to a BOA tag a load of mates

We are proud to announced Metal legends METALLICA as the first headlining for BLOODSTOCK OPEN AIR 2020 playing an exclusive set of their iconic album 'ST. ANGER' in its entirety with an encore of classic songs 'I DISAPPEAR', 'RONNIE' and, from the popular 'LULU' album, 'DRAGON'. Kirk and Rob will play one of their awkward covers as a second encore before drummer Lars Ulrich returns to close the set with a no holds barred drum solo.

varangian
Warrior of Metal

Postby varangian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Tag: Chris Dick, Larry Lurex, Brian Sausage, Dave Mallard, Brendan Love, its Metallica! Definitely, definitely so going to this! :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 pm

As I said in the other thread I reckon Megadeth and Five Finger Death Punch (not really familiar with them).
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

varangian
Warrior of Metal

Postby varangian » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:12 pm

I`d accept the High Priest if the setlist were something like

Hellion/Electric Eye/Out in the Cold/The Sentinel/Dissident aggressor/Riding on the wind/Jawbreaker/Beyond the Realms of death/Metal Meltdown/A touch of Evil/Battlecry/Diamonds and Rust/Nightcrawler/you dont have to be old to be wise/Blood red skies/Screaming for Vengeance/Victim of Changes

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:47 am

Please not FFDP, utter pish band
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Dark Tranquility still not on the line up page, what gives?
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Probably on the Sophie stage which has yet to be added.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

GoreCrazy
Lowly Peon

Postby GoreCrazy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:As I said in the other thread I reckon Megadeth and Five Finger Death Punch (not really familiar with them).

I can sadly see you being right, with the addition of Amon Amarth as third headliner perhaps? I'd take Amon Amarth and Megadeth although I would be disappointed, as for FFDP please no!!!

All that said I'm still sitting here hoping for Fate :lol:

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:02 am

I don't think Fate are big enough to headline, going by this year's headlines unfortunately.

Am hoping for a separate London show tbh.

GoreCrazy
Lowly Peon

Postby GoreCrazy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:17 am

jwh20 wrote:I don't think Fate are big enough to headline, going by this year's headlines unfortunately.

Am hoping for a separate London show tbh.

I would love to see them headline but then I'm just holding out hope. I'd take a London show though for sure.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:31 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:As I said in the other thread I reckon Megadeth and Five Finger Death Punch (not really familiar with them).

When is their tour taking place? They're releasing cities but not dates from what I can find, depending on when it is, would make BOA more/less likely.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am

houston4044 wrote:

When is their tour taking place? They're releasing cities but not dates from what I can find, depending on when it is, would make BOA more/less likely.

Late summer I believe. I think Megadeth have dates in the US with Ozzy before hand. Up to July.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:29 am

GoreCrazy wrote:

I can sadly see you being right, with the addition of Amon Amarth as third headliner perhaps? I'd take Amon Amarth and Megadeth although I would be disappointed, as for FFDP please no!!!

All that said I'm still sitting here hoping for Fate :lol:

I don't want FFDP either. But I've come to expect that at least one headliner will be a band I don't like. 2011 was the last time I liked all three.

They seem to always want at least one headlining band that appeals to the modern day Kerrang/Metal Hammer/Download crowd. FFDP fit right into that category.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:43 am

I'll take FFDP over KSE any day of the week, FFDP actually have a handful of tracks I like.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18