Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metalicbear » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:33 am

I can see Slayer touring well in to 2020 and BOA being their final UK show.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am

metalicbear wrote:I can see Slayer touring well in to 2020 and BOA being their final UK show.

Don't think so, when they've been announcing dates for next summer they're being noted as "last show in ___"

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Not sad at all we are not getting Slayer next year at BOA. Have seen them many times over the years and they are not a patch on the classic line up.

I still think we may get Behemoth at the last headliner.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 am

I'm still baffled people think Behemoth are big enough. Think it'll be more mainstream than that anyway, Lamb of God, Disturbed or Parkway Drive are my shouts.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:16 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Yes. But would any of the real Hardcore bands get booked?

There would be a real backlash if they started booking straight up Hardcore bands.

To be honest, I'm really into old NYC Hardcore. So bands like Madball, Terror and Sick Of It All would go down with me rather well. I'm not sure what a lot of others would think though :?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 am

I would have preferred Most Precious Blood or Cro Mags but I don't mind Hardcore bands on the bill.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am

Skippy wrote:I'm still baffled people think Behemoth are big enough. Think it'll be more mainstream than that anyway, Lamb of God, Disturbed or Parkway Drive are my shouts.

Lamb of God haven't played since 2014 (I think) so that could certainly be a good shout. Not my thing at all but they would please a good few folk.

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:
Skippy wrote:I'm still baffled people think Behemoth are big enough. Think it'll be more mainstream than that anyway, Lamb of God, Disturbed or Parkway Drive are my shouts.

Lamb of God haven't played since 2014 (I think) so that could certainly be a good shout. Not my thing at all but they would please a good few folk.

I've seen LoG twice and they were only support slots. One was supporting Megadeth on a "Co-Headline tour" and the other being on Saturday with Slayer. They've been brilliant both times. I'd love to see a headline set from them.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:57 am

metalicbear wrote:I can see Slayer touring well in to 2020 and BOA being their final UK show.

I hope you're wrong. If that does come to pass then I think the words "flogging", "dead" and "horse" come to mind.
Powerslave wrote:Don't think so, when they've been announcing dates for next summer they're being noted as "last show in ___"

This seems quite conclusive though!

I still think there's a possibility than Vicky is bluffing about Slayer, although I hope she was telling the truth. I was going to suggest Within Temptation again as their UK tour ends next Wednesday in Southampton but they're actually playing a festival in Germany on Saturday 10th August, so it's definitely not them. I wouldn't have thought Behemoth are big enough to headline Bloodstock now but they're not a band I pay any attention to so know very little about them. Helloween perhaps? Although it's been mentioned before that they are playing sets way longer than Bloodstock will allow them. Other than that I don't know. :?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:08 am

If they do continue touring into 2020 I imagine it'll be tour dates elsewhere, got several other markets to tap for this farewell run.

I just hope LoG aren't the third headliner, would prefer someone else

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Slayer were superb in Cardiff the other night, was hoping they'd be the final Bloodstock headliner but it now looks like that will definitely be the last time I see them :(

Lamb of God went down really well, they bored the shit out of me personally but I wouldn't be surprised to see them booked. Dull as they are I'd take them over Within Temptation. Behemoth I can take or leave too but would watch...I think they're as big as Gojira though surely and have headlined before?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Soze wrote:Slayer were superb in Cardiff the other night, was hoping they'd be the final Bloodstock headliner but it now looks like that will definitely be the last time I see them :(

Lamb of God went down really well, they bored the shit out of me personally but I wouldn't be surprised to see them booked. Dull as they are I'd take them over Within Temptation. Behemoth I can take or leave too but would watch...I think they're as big as Gojira though surely and have headlined before?

With a decent special guest of a similar ilk, I could easily see Behemoth headlining again. Dimmu Borgir would fit.

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Parkway drive UK tour is in January so could be waiting till the new year for the announcement if it’s them.
Would like to see SG slots to Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir across the weekend.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 pm

Looking at headlining bands who have already been announced for Summer festivals, but no UK festival yet -

Bullet For My Valentine
Disturbed
Lamb of God
Parkway Drive
Airbourne
King Diamond
Manowar

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:31 am

Got a feeling it will be Lamb of God after their UK run with Slayer has finished. I think they'll go for a heavier headliner on the Saturday seems as the other two are pretty melodic. Mastodon could be in with a shout too after their UK tour but I'm not sure if they're still headliner level?