Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:07 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:
These are the bands Vicky said she would consider booking, re-booking or has tried to book from what I saw on the ask me anything:

- Parkway Drive
- Clutch
- Zeal & Ardor
- Trivium
- Rob Zombie
- Bodycount
- King 810
- Alice Cooper
- Ghost
- While She Sleeps
- Fleshgod Apocalypse
- Manowar
- Ugly Kid Joe
- Batushka
- Powerwolf
- Municipal Waste

So from that we can glean:

- Trivium, R Zombie, 810 went over well enough in their eyes to warrant rebooking (guess the bar is pretty low there) and 3-4 years is a long enough gap to rebook headliners
- Parkway are certainly a possibility this year
- A two year gap is long enough gap to rebook bands

The only thing I can surmise from that is, with one or two exceptions, if that is the type of bands they are trying to book then they have awful taste in music.

Take Manowar out and it looks like a Download line up.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:37 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:Lol my bad, did not read correctly

No problem at all, I'm just eager for the next announcement. As we all are!

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Checked out Zeal & Ardor quite different!

Saxon have a big anniversary coming up in 2019 not sure if it`s enough to warrant a headliner status though despite they play same size venues as many past headliners, divides opinion

Of the "Older" bands I`d like to see given a spot this year or next

Rose Tattoo (possible), Sacred Reich (Has to happen one day), think main stage may divide opinion too much but BOC, UFO or Heep headlining the Sophie and would imagine great crowds, Rob Halford or Bruce Dickinson solo set`s (keeps everything interesting), definitely need a NWOBHM band on the Sophie somewhere (Demon? Gaskin? Blitzkrieg?), Paradox, Mercyful Fate, Danzig/Misfits (esp as Glenn cutting down touring thus a UK exclusive would be good)

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 pm

varangian wrote:Ive heard of Zeal didn't he sing "Kiss from a rose" :lol:

Who the hell are Zeal and Ardor ?

That's fair uv never heard of them but thats the 2nd band being mentioned you have not known . Are you new to the heavy metal scene ?? I did notice u only joined the fourms this year if u are new welcome to the metal family.
This your first Bloodstock??.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:01 pm

No my fine friend I would wager i`m older than thee and have been into the metal scene longer than the span of your life, certainly at least as long as your Mega-username has been releasing albums
Nor my first Bloodstock

Being long in the tooth you sort of get used to the likes of Kerrang and MH hyping up bands that last five minutes so you tend to turn a blind one and focus on if not always tried and tested but similar
I couldn't tell you one song by Nicky Minaj among many other artists as much as they are supposedly in the public eye

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:03 pm

minimustain wrote:That's fair uv never heard of them but thats the 2nd band being mentioned you have not known

so i take it you know of every single metal band out there?

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:26 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:

Easily one of the best live acts I saw this year. Check em out
https://youtu.be/BFGU0g1LA9I

Any band that has a band member wearing a Swans t-shirt is ok with me!
Really enjoying the latest album, pity as I thought there would be a possibility of them playing.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:04 am

minimustain wrote:

That's fair uv never heard of them but thats the 2nd band being mentioned you have not known . Are you new to the heavy metal scene ?? I did notice u only joined the fourms this year if u are new welcome to the metal family.

This come across as totally ignorant

I never hear of half the bands here but I've been into heavy metal all my life. Seems like an elitist attack for no reason and indeed the very reason why metal heads often come across as unapproachable.

Get a grip

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:18 am

Did not mean for my comment to sound mean when I said what I said I was just shocked tbh that they had never heard of zeal and Ardor I mean for the last 2 years ish they have been booked for many euro fests . I guess it's cause I follow alot of the fests I get to know newer bands. And before anybody starts oh here we go again I really am not being mean or attacking anyone . Thars the trouble when ur just putting stuff on here n not talking to a person u can't tell how they are comming across.
N I am not an Elitist by any stretch. I love metal metal head for life n imo its the best music genra out there . But I do listen to other music
Classical, country , trance , soul,Motown,rock and roll, amongst others.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:25 am

Baldy77 wrote:
minimustain wrote:

This come across as totally ignorant

I never hear of half the bands here but I've been into heavy metal all my life. Seems like an elitist attack for no reason and indeed the very reason why metal heads often come across as unapproachable.

Get a grip

How was it ignorent . Seriously people read to much into things . Get a grip skunds to me like my innocent comment has annoyed u more then it should of tbh.

But I would never intentionally be mean to anyone . Not unless they were attacking me or a friend. Cause that ent me. N if u knew me ud know iam speaking the truth.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:56 am

Bagpuss66 wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:

Easily one of the best live acts I saw this year. Check em out
https://youtu.be/BFGU0g1LA9I

Any band that has a band member wearing a Swans t-shirt is ok with me!
Really enjoying the latest album, pity as I thought there would be a possibility of them playing.

awful- we want some PROPER artistic experimental metal like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XX1VLrig1I

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:00 am

I think it`s fair to say even in the Metal world people move in hugely different circles

The beauty of even BOA which is one of the larger and more successful Metal/Rock festivals is that you do get to check out bands you dont know or at least you might do some homework beforehand
I can get stuck into my listening ways thankfully we have the likes of YouTube to check new artists and recommendations out quickly

My worry being headliners being recommended who I haven't heard of and though I haven't heard them I think there are people more stuck than me who would worry about a RATM/Cypress Hill super group, I could be wrong , just be surprising if people found "Insane in the Brain" more preferable at BOA than " Raining blood"

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:06 pm

minimustain wrote:Did not mean for my comment to sound mean when I said what I said I was just shocked tbh that they had never heard of zeal and Ardor I mean for the last 2 years ish they have been booked for many euro fests . I guess it's cause I follow alot of the fests I get to know newer bands. And before anybody starts oh here we go again I really am not being mean or attacking anyone . Thars the trouble when ur just putting stuff on here n not talking to a person u can't tell how they are comming across.
N I am not an Elitist by any stretch. I love metal metal head for life n imo its the best music genra out there . But I do listen to other music
Classical, country , trance , soul,Motown,rock and roll, amongst others.

This is true, I probably read too much into something that was, as you say, just a comment and not a real conversation

My apologies

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:48 pm

To be honest I didn't come across Zeal and Ardour by normal means. They (he?) was in the Metro about three years ago so I totally ignored them...

If you describe yourself as "Blues, Gospel and Soul meet harsher music" then you're not appealing to me. I don't think I'm their market.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 pm

When I sthe next announcement? Anyone know?