Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 pm

fluffkitten wrote:Given I'll be bailing out before PD I'd prefer the Sophie headline is someone I'm not worried about missing. :)

That's pretty much what I'm hoping for. As things stand, I've got plenty on Friday and Sunday to keep me happy so the Sophie headliner on Saturday is gonna have to be pretty spectacular to stop me from bailing back to the hotel for an early night after Anthrax

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:20 am

Ideal Sophie headliner? Swallow the Sun would be great! Oh wait...

Someone along the lines of Cult of Luna or Myrkur maybe would be cool. I'm wondering if its someone with a tour coming up, but can't really think of anyone.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:04 am

Myrkur would be awesome.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 pm

i0th wrote:Actually looking forward to Parkway more than Scorpions. Last two Parkway albums have been far more metal than metalcore and after the live show reviews from Download last year it should be entertaining.

Last In Line to headline sophie after would be great.

Slightly presumptuous as they're not confirmed yet! So we can still technically hope it's someone else.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:32 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
i0th wrote:Actually looking forward to Parkway more than Scorpions. Last two Parkway albums have been far more metal than metalcore and after the live show reviews from Download last year it should be entertaining.

Last In Line to headline sophie after would be great.

Slightly presumptuous as they're not confirmed yet! So we can still technically hope it's someone else.

That Instagram video pretty much confirmed it I'm afraid. No chance it'll be anyone else now

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Out of pure morbid curiosity I gave PD a listen, Id rather wipe my arse with wire wool than listen to that drivel ever again

Fear for the future of the festival if your getting Download lite crap like that

You can sneak in the odd band that no-one asks for in the bill somewhere (Code Orange) but to actually have them headline, is this festival for the people or to satisfy a promoters ego?

Wonder how many Saturday day tickets they will sell? :eyes:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm

Parkway Drive are the sort of band I started going to Bloodstock to get away from. I hope the festival doesn't start to lose its identity, I'd rather it remained at 10-12,000 and attracted lesser known metal acts as headliners than 18,000 and shit like this. But I don't know the realities of the finances obviously. That said, I like most of the line up this year so I shouldn't quibble about 1 bad headliner.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:25 pm

Soze wrote:Parkway Drive are the sort of band I started going to Bloodstock to get away from. I hope the festival doesn't start to lose its identity.

This is whats a bit dispiriting about some announcements or teases - BOA was the place where you could see bands of a type that were rare over here. Now bands could be at Download (and the token euro metal they stick on I don't include - like when Evergrey played the skate ramp!) but also the likes of BodyCount, Prophets Of Rage, PWD, King 810 that seem to float the bookers boats could easily be at Reading as well. Sure, the opening bands aren't big (so the 'we support the 'underground' box is ticked) but its Feed The Rhino, Heart Of A Coward etc not HM/Hard Rock like Crowning Glory, Heavens Basement, Mob Rules or Blitzkreig.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:22 pm

I gave Parkway Drive's latest album a listen last night and watched some of their Download set on Youtube as I'm not familiar with them. They're ok but sound very middle of the road and quite bland to my ears so I lost interest. On paper it makes sense for them to headline as they've already headlined Wacken but I'm not sure what sort of reception they'll get at Bloodstock. Although they may fare ok being on the same day as other core bands. As it stands I wouldn't be too fussed about watching them but there's plenty of other bands I'm interested in over the weekend and I'm hoping we get a crazy heavy Sophie headliner!

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:57 am

PD aren't my Cup of tea either, but like others have said, the rest of the lineup is quality, so I'm still happy. Plus, I have cradle and Anthrax that day, and (hopefully) the Sophie headliners too; good.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:14 pm

Personally I would be delighted to see Europe on the bill. :yes:
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 pm

i0th wrote:I do so like the identity crisis the forum has gone through every year since Europe headlined in 2009. We've survived Lamb of God, Trivium & Down headlining, Parkway will be fine.

Add Machine Head to that. I don't like PD but do expect them to draw a good crowd whether we on the forum like it or not. :)
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm

I'm not keen on Parkway Drive either but I fail to see how a band that is that high up the bill on the Wacken line-up can be considered "not metal enough" for Bloodstock :?

Or is Wacken not considered a metal festival anymore?

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Personally I would be delighted to see Europe on the bill. :yes:

Definitely! Europe are one of the most underrated bands of the 80s in my opinion. If they hadn't released The Final Countdown they'd demand much more respect from the metal community

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:07 am

i0th wrote:I do so like the identity crisis the forum has gone through every year since Europe headlined in 2009. We've survived Lamb of God, Trivium & Down headlining, Parkway will be fine.

Considering the PD album from last year is better anything than those three have piut out in half a decade or more, I tend to agree!