BLOODSTOCK announce six bands as an early Halloween treat!

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
administrator
Site Admin

BLOODSTOCK announce six bands as an early Halloween treat!

Postby administrator » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:06 am

As Halloween creeps up, BLOODSTOCK has prepared an early treat and announced six new bands to join their previously announced Friday night headliner, SABATON on the 2019 bill at Catton Park.

CHILDREN OF BODOM land a Friday spot on the Ronnie James Dio main stage in a UK exclusive. The band entered Danger Johnny Studios with producer Mikko Karmila earlier this year to work on a new studio album, due for release in 2019, following 2015’s devilishly good ‘I Worship Chaos’. See the video for ‘Morrigan’ from that album at: https://youtu.be/jm3kDrBTlt8.

CRADLE OF FILTH return to Catton Park’s main stage on Saturday. The British hellfiends are no strangers to our hallowed ground and we’re keenly expecting both tricks and treats aplenty. Lead Cenobite Dani Filth had this to say about returning to BLOODSTOCK; “Obviously we want to finish what we started ten years ago, that is to finish our set! And for that alone we are really, really looking forward to bringing a massive Cradle show back to the BLOODSTOCK fans. We f**king can’t wait!” Meanwhile, watch the video for ‘Heartbreak And Seance’ at https://youtu.be/DNRIaeg6EyY, taken from their gothic horror-infused twelfth album, ‘Cryptoriana – The Seductiveness of Decay’.

SOILWORK also pick up a Sunday slot in a UK festival exclusive. The Swedish metallers are currently hard at work in the studio brewing their eleventh studio album and the follow up to 2015’s acclaimed ‘The Ride Majestic’. Check out the band blazing through ‘This Momentary Bliss’ (taken from their ‘Live In The Heart of Helskini’ DVD) here; https://youtu.be/3RsAF6r3gQw.

BLOODSTOCKers will be able to see the inimitable DEE SNIDER on Sunday’s main stage! The Twisted Sister frontman’s recent solo album, ‘For The Love Of Metal’ was the result of a challenge issued by Hatebreed frontman (and BOA favourite!) Jamey Jasta! Whilst appearing on Jasta’s podcast, Jamey told Dee that he ought to make a “true metal album” and he wanted to produce! The project forged ahead, picking up numerous plaudits on release earlier this year. Check out the video for ‘Become The Storm’ - https://youtu.be/hljBz0zTEKQ - for a glimpse of what’s in store!

We also welcome QUEENSRYCHE to the main stage on Sunday. The Todd La Torre-fronted outfit are putting the finishing touches on their forthcoming new album too and are giving PledgeMusic supporters an early taste! Head over to https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/queensryche2 to sink your teeth in and get your claws on all kinds of special pre-order bundles.

Lastly, but definitely not least, Swedish death metal luminaries HYPOCRISY join us on Sunday! With Peter Tägtgren at their helm, the band released their first record back in 1992 and have released 11 more since. The band enter the studio in January 2019 to create a new masterpiece, their first since 2013’s, ‘End Of Disclosure’. Watch the video for that title track at https://youtu.be/MJsdZ2FR3WM.

Standard weekend tickets are also currently available at ‘early bird’ prices (just £132 for four days of metal fun), so grab yours now at the ticket store - http://bloodstock.seetickets.com - if you want to save a few quid. Camper van passes are also available in limited quantities, but be quick, over half the available spaces have sold already!

For those who want their VIP spot guaranteed, BLOODSTOCK’s first wave of 2019 Serpents Lair VIP tickets are also available, priced at £290. A second wave, including the Deluxe VIP packages (Luxpads, Bellepads, Podpads, etc) and a limited amount of VIP upgrades (for those who’ve already purchased standard weekend tickets) will then become available on 16th December at 9am. For full details click to http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/pages/vip-camping.

We trialled the deposit scheme for VIP tickets in 2018, but please note, there will be NO DEPOSIT SCHEME for VIP tickets this year.

BLOODSTOCK will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: BLOODSTOCK announce six bands as an early Halloween treat!

Postby robin8585 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:12 am

Once again, cheers for putting something on the forum within a decent amount of time.

There's some stuff there for me, pretty pleased with it.

Witch-House
Lowly Peon

Postby Witch-House » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:20 am

Decent announcement - CoB, Queensryche and Dee Snider all great live. Line-up looking good so far!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 am

Not a bad announcement, but nothing particularly exciting for me. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since the CoF incident though. :o
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Great announcement for me! Over the moon with Bodom and also pleased with Queensryche and Dee Snider. Don't know much about Hypocrisy but like what I've heard so far. Soilwork and Cradle are both 'meh' announcements for me but would watch either of them if nobody else was on. Will most likely be picking up early bird tickets soon on the back of this!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Very decent announcement for me :)
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Wow! Bloodstock in decent announcement shocker!!!

No one I'm particularly a fan of but no Download crap makes me happy. Looks like a proper Bloodstock line up. How long it will stay like that is a different matter though...

Just keep Alexi off the sauce. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Wow! Bloodstock in decent announcement shocker!!!
:

Wow, Gandalf in positive mode shocker!

Seriously, I echo his comments, so far it's looking like a proper Bloodstock line up
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:43 pm

It does look a very old school Bloodstock at the moment. Every band on the bill is quite melodic! I'm tempted to go at the moment, big fan of Sabaton and Cradle of Filth, Dee Snider will be entertaining and surely bung in some Twisted Sister tracks, Bodom, Soilwork and Hypocrisy are bands I've drifted away from but still like their early stuff a lot and Queensryche are watchable. Let's hope this keeps up!

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm very happy with this announcement!

Children of Bodom - I'm a massive fan, own all their albums and loved them last time they played. Its been 5 years, and a new album is on the way, so even though this is their 5th time playing Bloodstock, it doesn't feel like too much of a repeat

Cradle of Filth - Over the moon with this announcement! Saw them in 2009 when the incident occurred and I'm glad that the band and the festival have agreed to have them return. Another of my all time favourite bands and also own every single album! If you think Cradle of Filth only have 4 good albums (the first 4 of course) then I implore that you go and check out the latest 2 albums. Its an awesome return to form with a fresh and stable line up!

Queensryche - I don't know much about them, but I know that people (especially on these forums) have wanted them to play ever since I started going back in 2008. I look forward to checking out their stuff (where's best to start?)

Dee Snider - His solo album is actually not that bad. I understand he's a great performer and certainly deserves to play. Unlikely I'll go out of my way to watch though, but we'll see.

Hypocrisy - another band I know that us forumers have been calling for for the last 12 years! But also another band I don't know much about. Again, I look forward to diving into their back catalogue as Im sure I'll enjoy them as a fan of melodic death metal.

Soilwork - Another band I am a fan of and own a few albums. I missed them last time they played Bloodstock due to clashes, so Im not even upset that its a recent repeat!

An incredible announcement and a great start!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Leemanruss wrote:Queensryche - I don't know much about them, but I know that people (especially on these forums) have wanted them to play ever since I started going back in 2008. I look forward to checking out their stuff (where's best to start?)

Operation:Mindcrime for sure.
Then Empire, The Warning, Rage For Order and the Queensryche EP.

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Powerslave wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:Queensryche - I don't know much about them, but I know that people (especially on these forums) have wanted them to play ever since I started going back in 2008. I look forward to checking out their stuff (where's best to start?)

Operation:Mindcrime for sure.
Then Empire, The Warning, Rage For Order and the Queensryche EP.

Just checked out 'Eyes of a Stranger'. Pretty good. I can see where Dream Theater drew inspiration!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 am

Czech's Mate wrote:Wow, Gandalf in positive mode shocker!

:lol:
I'm sure it won't last long.

Gandalf the Red wrote:no Download crap makes me happy.

Which bands from previous Bloodstock line-ups do you consider to be "Download crap"?

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Wow! Bloodstock in decent announcement shocker!!!

No one I'm particularly a fan of but no Download crap makes me happy. Looks like a proper Bloodstock line up. How long it will stay like that is a different matter though...

Just keep Alexi off the sauce. :lol:

Exactly my opinion, don't really like anyone on the lineup bar a bit of COF, but at least they're all metal acts so far.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am

Black Wizard wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:no Download crap makes me happy.

Which bands from previous Bloodstock line-ups do you consider to be "Download crap"?

Oh good lord don't open that box. I imagine the answer you'll get is bands like Machine Head, Trivium, Devil Driver, Fozzy, etc.

Of course the whole argument of what constitutes a 'Download band' and what constitutes a 'Bloodstock band' is a pointless one anyway, not just because Bloodstock have diversified their booking policy in the last 10 years but so have Download. There have been plenty of 'Bloodstock bands' that have played Download over the years (Sabaton, Turisas, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Kreator, Opeth, etc.) so the whole argument is stupid anyway.

As someone who attended several of the Bloodstock indoor festivals way back when, I have just as much (if not more) of a gripe with bands like Immortal, Nile, Mayhem, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, etc. ('Damnation crap' ;) ) taking up slots on the Bloodstock line-up these days as I do with the aforementioned 'Download bands'.