BLOODSTOCK announce six bands as an early Halloween treat!

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
varangian
Consort of the Beast

Re: BLOODSTOCK announce six bands as an early Halloween treat!

Postby varangian » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:23 am

Very happy with surprising great announcement thank you for the effort in making this happen

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:So do we think Bodom will get the CC/ATG treatment from this year and be bumped up to subheadliner? Would Cradle still be a sub? (I have no idea how big they're and the fest has grown since they last played).

Neither COB or COF were announced as special guests so I'm guessing (and kinda hoping) not. COB played fourth down in 2014 so I reckon they might get bumped up to third.

Lacuna Coil were forth down last time

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:56 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:So do we think Bodom will get the CC/ATG treatment from this year and be bumped up to subheadliner? Would Cradle still be a sub? (I have no idea how big they're and the fest has grown since they last played).

Neither COB or COF were announced as special guests so I'm guessing (and kinda hoping) not. COB played fourth down in 2014 so I reckon they might get bumped up to third.

Eh? The 2014 line up page is showing Lacuna Coil as third down and Bodom fourth down. Unless the set times said otherwise?

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:58 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
Oh good lord don't open that box. I imagine the answer you'll get is bands like Machine Head, Trivium, Devil Driver, Fozzy, etc.

Of course the whole argument of what constitutes a 'Download band' and what constitutes a 'Bloodstock band' is a pointless one anyway, not just because Bloodstock have diversified their booking policy in the last 10 years but so have Download. There have been plenty of 'Bloodstock bands' that have played Download over the years (Sabaton, Turisas, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Kreator, Opeth, etc.) so the whole argument is stupid anyway.

As someone who attended several of the Bloodstock indoor festivals way back when, I have just as much (if not more) of a gripe with bands like Immortal, Nile, Mayhem, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, etc. ('Damnation crap' ;) ) taking up slots on the Bloodstock line-up these days as I do with the aforementioned 'Download bands'.

Like there wasn't Death and Black Metal bands on the first Bloodstock.... :rolleyes:

Learn your history. Bloodstock was NEVER a Power Metal festival. In fact there was only one PM band on the first one, being Primal Fear. There was far more what you are describing as "Damnation bands" playing.

Sabbat, Skyclad, Orange Goblin, Underule, Evoke, Consumed, Occupational Hazard, Bloodstream, Freebase.

The rest was traditional Metal and Rock Bands.

Attended the early ones? I'm calling bullshit.

Firstly, I never said it was a solely power metal festival, but it was far more concerned with melodic bands than black/death metal bands like the ones I previously mentioned. Sure, there was the odd one on the smaller stage but I'm not talking about small second-stage bands that aren't even around any more and faded away without anyone noticing - I'm talking about the main stage and the upper end of the second stage. I maintain that you would have never have seen the likes of Nile, Mayhem, Immortal, Cannibal Corpse and Obituary on those early indoor line-ups.

Secondly, I attended the indoor festivals in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 as well as the first two outdoor festivals, so you can shove your 'bullshit' claim.

As for the line-ups of the indoor festivals, let's have a look at the main bands shall we? (again, I'm not gonna bother with the small bands at the bottom of the second stage - they aren't the ones selling tickets)

2001 - Saxon, Glenn Hughes, Blaze, Skyclad, Primal Fear, Orange Goblin, Return to the Sabbat

'

Technically Return to the Sabbat and Orange Goblin played the second stage. You also missed out the first band to play the main stage at Bloodstock, the very Power Metal Shadow Keep who were excellent.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 am

Jay1993 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:

Eh? The 2014 line up page is showing Lacuna Coil as third down and Bodom fourth down. Unless the set times said otherwise?

From memory, I do believe Lacuna Coil were 4th down and COB 3rd down.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 am

Haldamir319 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

From memory, I do believe Lacuna Coil were 4th down and COB 3rd down.

Oh yeah just looked on my 2014 shirt and COB are third down on there :lol: I imagine they'll get a similar slot next year then!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:

Ah, happened to me before as well, for some reason their past line up's are always weirdly rearranged :lol: