Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18

Soze
Denim Demon

Re: BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

Postby Soze » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Hmmm, I was sure Slayer would headline the Sunday night but I'd have thought they wouldn't be announced until after the UK dates. Although most of them are sold out anyway so it wouldn't affect ticket sales. I can't see it being Rainbow, they'd be more likely to play that classic rock thing they have at Knebworth. Hope it isn't Volbeat or Disturbed...Megadeth again? I have my doubts. Manowar would be amazing but I still think they price themselves out. I wouldn't be happy laying down much money on any option tbh...look forward to seeing who it is!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 pm

PorridgeBear wrote:Could do without Slayer again. LoG, KSE, Power Trip, Rammstein, Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved, Megadeth would all get me moving :)

If we're talking headliners then Rammstein are too big and Dimmu, Enslaved and Power Trip are nowhere near big enough. LoG or KSE would massively disappoint me and Megadeth have played a couple of times in recent years. Do LoG or KSE have anything out in the next 12 months? Neither are bands I pay any attention to. On account of them being crap :lol:

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:31 pm

If they announce LoG then my tix will be bought then and there- so far apart from Children of Bodum the bands aer mediocre....imvho I might add. LoG are excellent unlike megadave .....

Thrashtildeath
Consort of the Beast

Postby Thrashtildeath » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Helloween Pumpkins United ?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Let's face it, the chances of it being the only sane choice (Manowar) are slim to none. So I'm expecting to be disappointed by an announcement like Volbeat, Killswitch Engage or Lamb Of God.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Would like Manowar or Rainbow, fully expecting Slayer though.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Soze wrote:classic rock thing they have at Knebworth.

What's this? What's this?
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodofthekings
Leather Rebel

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:30 pm

I believe Disturbed are gonna be announcing a UK tour for 2019 soon so that may actually rule them out. Plus they could probably sub-headline at Download to a much bigger crowd for more money.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Ghost wrote:
Soze wrote:classic rock thing they have at Knebworth.

What's this? What's this?

I meant Ramblin' Man. Thought it was at Knebworth but I appear to be wrong! Either way, that's the place I can imagine them turning up if anywhere.

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Any from Manowar, Slayer, Rainbow, Scorpions or Helloween Pumpkins Unite would do just fine for me. Megadeth only headlined in 2017 so I'd rather wait another couple of years before bringing them back. What about the return of Alice Cooper? It's been a few years since he last played and he's still one of the best live artists there is. Other than that King Diamond or Mercyful Fate would be fantastic too.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 am

Would love: Rainbow, Scorpions, Helloween
Would like: Manowar, Disturbed (though, they would surely be a Saturday band?), Alice Cooper
Would be fine with: Killswitch Engage (see Disturbed), Volbeat, Megadeth, Behemoth (slowly getting into them now)
Wouldn't care about: Slayer, King Diamond

Slayer... I've seen too many times. Whilst I like four or five songs, they are comfortably the member of the big four I enjoy live the least. They seemed totally out of sorts on both BOA shows, and their Download appearance that I watched was... fine.

KD - never managed to get into him. I like the odd tune but, yeah, it has never clicked. Last time I ended up watching him virtually by myself as my mates felt the same and went back to the tent.

Admittedly, if it's one of the latter two, it may mean we can go home sooner, so there is an upside.

varangian
Warrior of Metal

Postby varangian » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:00 am

After the last announcement actually being pretty damn good (For me at least)
I`ll go against the grain and be slightly optimistic that it is not a repeat band, at least that is where my prayers to Woden are going.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:32 am

Thrashtildeath wrote:Helloween Pumpkins United ?

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan, I would love it, LOVE IT if Helloween got announced today. I don't think it'll be them though.

Soze wrote:Hmmm, I was sure Slayer would headline the Sunday night but I'd have thought they wouldn't be announced until after the UK dates.

And even if the tour has sold out then surely merch sales might get affected by an extra show announcement?
Haldamir319 wrote:Slayer... I've seen too many times. Whilst I like four or five songs, they are comfortably the member of the big four I enjoy live the least. They seemed totally out of sorts on both BOA shows, and their Download appearance that I watched was... fine

:yes:
Are Slayer one of the "Download bands" that Gandalf complains about? They've played at Download a LOT.

Within Temptation are another candidate for one of the remaining headlining slots as they're at Wacken the weekend before, but they still have a UK tour next month and I'm not under any impression that tickets are flying off the metaphorical shelves for those shows.

Killswitch Engage would be a strange band to headline Bloodstock, particularly Sunday, and they have a UK tour early next year supporting Parkway Drive. I do like Killswitch and enjoyed seeing them a few times with Maiden this year, but I'd rather see them play a full headline set at their own show in an appropriate venue.

And for the person who has never heard of Disturbed, this should provide an accurate summary of their music.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:52 am

I don't think it will be Within Temptation tbh. Whilst they are a great live band, the crowd was pretty thin (by headliner standards) when they played last (and yes, we can go into the supports being wrong for the day etc, but that's not necessarily how BOA will see it).