BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Leather Rebel

Re: BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:And on the upside, this also hopefully rules out Slayer too :yes:

And prize for daftest post of the day goes to....

How one band being announced rules out a totally unrelated band who weren't even on the radar of being announced is baffling. Slayer are still touring, even if they were playing they won't be getting announced until November at the earliest and most likely December.

If anything Scorpions being announced means Slayer are much more likely since it's doubtful they will have three "lighter" headliners.

Slayer were heavily rumoured so yes, they were on the radar of being announced and their previous two headline appearances were both on the Sunday night. I'm not saying it definitely won't be them, I just hope it won't as it would be good to have someone different.

I agree that we are likely to have a heavier headliner announced for Saturday but if recent years are anything to go by, I would expect it to be a more modern band than Slayer. A combination of Behemoth & Dimmu Borgir would seem to fit the pattern.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:29 pm

But they can't have three headliners beginning with 'S' though. That would be ridiculous!

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Excellent booking, never seen the Scorpions, so very happy to see them headline the Sunday. Should be a good end to the festival. Hopefully the final headliner will be on the more extreme end of the metal spectrum, failing that a good undercard of extreme bands would make me happy. Some decent grind would be welcome eg Pig Destroyer, Misery Index, Cattle decapitation, Cephalic carnage, Insect warfare, Agoraphobic nosebleed, Antigama, Mumakil, Rotten sound - lots to choose from....

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Would someone kindly suggest to me some heavy Scorpions tracks to listen to because all I've ever heard is sloppy kissy-kissy stuff by them.....thanks in advance....

TheRipper
Consort of the Beast

Postby TheRipper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 pm

slayerslays wrote:Would someone kindly suggest to me some heavy Scorpions tracks to listen to because all I've ever heard is sloppy kissy-kissy stuff by them.....thanks in advance....

He's A Woman, She's A Man; Sails of Charon; The Zoo; China White and Animal Magnetism should do you nicely.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Black Wizard wrote:But they can't have three headliners beginning with 'S' though. That would be ridiculous!

Biff Byford's gonna be pissed off (though saying that, if they were SG or 3rd on the Scorpions day that'd be great).

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 am

They played third from top below Scorpions and Dream Theater at Ramblin Man in 2015.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:59 pm

TheRipper wrote:
slayerslays wrote:Would someone kindly suggest to me some heavy Scorpions tracks to listen to because all I've ever heard is sloppy kissy-kissy stuff by them.....thanks in advance....

He's A Woman, She's A Man; Sails of Charon; The Zoo; China White and Animal Magnetism should do you nicely.

Thanks for that- China White is ok but I'm still not convinced...I can't get that soppy Winds of Change out of my head everytime Scorpions are mentioned :lighter:

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Blackout, Catch Your Train, Dark Lady, Speedy's Coming, Can't Get Enough, Now!, Ship Of Fools, Pictured Life

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 am

Scorpions aren't the heaviest band in the world, so don't be expecting too much in that direction. But there's far more to them then just ballads. In addition to the songs already suggested, I'd add:

* Alien nation
* The same thrill
* Steamrock fever
* Mind like a tree
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...