SCORPIONS CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
administrator
Site Admin

SCORPIONS CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

Postby administrator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am

BLOODSTOCK is thrilled to announce their second headliner for 2019! Closing out the Ronnie James Dio main stage on Sunday 11th August will be German rock legends, SCORPIONS! The band are excited to visit Catton Park for the very first time, telling us "We are very happy and proud to be headlining at Bloodstock Festival 2019 in Derbyshire and we‘re thrilled to rock our fans in the UK once again like a hurricane.”

SCORPIONS have notched up 18 studio records, including 2015’s ‘Return To Forever’ and have sold over 160 million albums in their 50+ year career. With frontman Klaus Meine at the helm, the band’s line up features legendary axemen Rudolf Schenker and Matthias Jabs, bassist Paweł Mąciwoda and former Motorhead drummer Mikkey Dee who now sits behind the drums after stepping into the role in 2016. Just like the band tell us, expect to be rocked like a hurricane next August - https://youtu.be/I3ZL8ZVWVz8!

SCORPIONS join the previously announced Friday night headliner, SABATON, together with CHILDREN OF BODOM, SOILWORK, CRADLE OF FILTH, DEE SNIDER, QUEENSRYCHE and HYPOCRISY on the Catton Park stages next August. Stay tuned for more bands to be announced soon!

Standard weekend tickets are currently available at ‘early bird’ prices (just £132 for four days of metal fun), so grab yours now at the ticket store - http://bloodstock.seetickets.com - to save a few quid. Camper van passes are also available in limited quantities, but be quick, over half the available spaces have sold already!

For those who want their VIP spot guaranteed, BLOODSTOCK’s first wave of 2019 Serpents Lair VIP tickets are also available priced at £290. A second wave, including the Deluxe VIP packages (Luxpads, Bellepads, Podpads, etc) and a limited amount of VIP upgrades (for those who’ve already purchased standard weekend tickets) will then become available on 16th December at 9am. For full details click to http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/pages/vip-camping.

BLOODSTOCK will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019. :flame:

Tet
Denim Demon

Re: SCORPIONS CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

Postby Tet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:46 am

What a fantastic booking. This is already the strongest Bloodstock lineup for many, many years.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:07 am

I will be watching. Very good booking for me.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:20 am

Great booking
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm

I'm not much of a fan personally but it's a great booking and should be a fun end to the weekend. Lots of angry people on the Facebook page though which is always amusing!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 pm

I did not expect this. I've already seen Scorpions twice before (including this year at Stone Free) so they're not a band I would've requested or planned on seeing again, but the show will be great and I can't argue about it being a great booking for the festival.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Thank you BOA ! You have guaranteed my attendance !

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Soze wrote:I'm not much of a fan personally but it's a great booking and should be a fun end to the weekend. Lots of angry people on the Facebook page though which is always amusing!

The FB page is always a complete inversion of this forum, i.e. they all hate a great booking like this, but love it when shit like Hatebreed and Whitechapel get added.

Although this forum may be dying a bit, I'm glad it's still here, if all we had was that FB page things would be very bad.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:50 pm

How bloody dare you make two excellent announcements in succession!
You trying to bring this forum to it`s knees?

Very Happy and this is the kind of legendary Sunday headliner that I`d so been hoping for
Drunkenly singing "The Zoo" "Rock you like a Hurricane" "No-one like you" "Still loving you" and "Lovedrive" , among others oh happy days

So it`s Manowar Saturday then?

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:15 pm

varangian wrote:So it`s Manowar Saturday then?

Surely they wouldn't do that, it would be too good! They'll probably balance it out by making the Saturday headliner someone rubbish like Disturbed

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 pm

It's a really strong booking and if I hadn't just seen them this year I would be buying a ticket now. Still, it near guarantees my attendance.

The other side of the coin is that I really cant see Manowar happening now, which is a bit gutting tbh. I reckon it will be a commercial band or an extreme one for Saturday - Behemoth or Disturbed maybe?
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:21 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:It's a really strong booking and if I hadn't just seen them this year I would be buying a ticket now. Still, it near guarantees my attendance.

The other side of the coin is that I really cant see Manowar happening now, which is a bit gutting tbh. I reckon it will be a commercial band or an extreme one for Saturday - Behemoth or Disturbed maybe?

Disturbed have just announced a UK tour for May. I'm expecting Behemoth with possibly Dimmu Borgir as special guests

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Best Bloodstock announcement ever

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:54 am

Good booking for the festival even though I'm not a fan of them. I might hang around to see them though, so a better choice for the Sunday.

I would be very happy with Behemoth, their latest album is really good. Scorpions have been touring with Megadeth though, did Bloodstock get Scorpions as a package deal with Megadeth? I hope not as I'm a bit bored of Megadeth live.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:04 am

What is this? Universal approval at a Bloodstock announcement? Even that miserable bastard Gandalf the Grumpy seems to like it! This is strange. I can't handle it.