SCORPIONS CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Re: SCORPIONS CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SUNDAY HEADLINER

Postby MadManiac » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Tet wrote:
MadManiac wrote:Okay they was good back in the days but they was absolute shit a stone free festival at the O2 dome in London.

I think you mean "they were", not "they was". I also think you were at a different Stone Free festival to the one I went to[1], because they were far from shit. They were easily the band of the day, by a fairly large margin.

[1] Perhaps because I was at the one at The O2 Arena, not The Dome ;-)

Your opinion perhaps but i still think Megadeath was the far better band at Stone Free and should have headlined it and not Scorpions. More to the point Scorpions are a rock band not a metal band so why are they at a metal festival?

Oh yea i know what i ment by the dome and the O2 arena due to the fact i went to see Sinsaenum at the Dome not long ago.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Scorpions have always been a Heavy Metal band.

Or are you one of those that think that Heavy Metal didn't exist before 1980 or has got to be "brutal"? :rolleyes:

The New Wave of British Heavy Metal is called that as it was a new wave of Heavy Metal bands as opposed to the ones from the late 1960s/early 1970s. Which the Scorpions were part of, although they are obviously German.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:39 pm

The Scorpions are as much a metal band as Saxon, Maiden or Judas Priest.

They will be superb at BOA and I expect them to be as good as Twister Sister were in 2016.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:23 pm

MadManiac wrote:More to the point Scorpions are a rock band not a metal band so why are they at a metal festival?

Rewriting history doesn't make it true. Scorpions are a metal band. Always have been and always will be. Indeed, I'd go further than that and say that they invented heavy metal. Sabbath and others were heavy beforehand. But Scorpions were the first to bring together the elements that we now associate with heavy metal (clear, high pitched vocals, guitar harmonies, driving riffs, etc) and set the template for metal for decades to follow.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...