ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby Soze » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:38 am

metaldinosaur wrote:I actually thought Slayer were the best I've seen them for years on that tour. I almost got a t-shirt - and I'm not even that much of a fan.

Slayer are fantastic - don't listen to Tet, being wrong is one of his hobbies!

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby slayerslays » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:52 pm

exactly- 'a beery crowd'......you have to be half cut to appreciate them.....I geddit now!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:14 pm

slayerslays wrote:exactly- 'a beery crowd'......you have to be half cut to appreciate them.....I geddit now!

Not necessarily. There was a published paper not long ago that said music sounds better whilst drinking as it enhances the senses. A bit like fine food.

Have you ever been to a "proper" concert such as Wagner?

Half the crowd are pissed. Whilst the audience for bands like Take That and Little Mix are sober. Therefore bands and music that drunks like are better.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:28 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
slayerslays wrote:exactly- 'a beery crowd'......you have to be half cut to appreciate them.....I geddit now!

Not necessarily. There was a published paper not long ago that said music sounds better whilst drinking as it enhances the senses. A bit like fine food.

Half the crowd are pissed. Whilst the audience for bands like Take That and Little Mix are sober. Therefore bands and music that drunks like are better.

I don't need my senses enhanced as I am a classically trained musician..I have been to umpteen concerts - Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin mainly - I have seen many virtuoso pianists and violinists mainly in concert and would not enjoy them if I had had alcohol as it spoils concentration for me. Who funded the study? Heineken?

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:30 am

Tet wrote:
slayerslays wrote:didn't it occur to BOA that anyone who likes Anthrax would've seen them THIS year anyway on the Slayer tour

Nope. I like Anthrax, but since Slayer are rubbish and Lamb Of God and Obituary are worse, there was no way I'd go and see that tour. I'm pleased they'll be at Bloodstock, and I'm very pleased that Dimmu will be there.

Don't understand how anyone cannot appreciate the total genius of Lamb of God personally...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:18 am

slayerslays wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

I don't need my senses enhanced as I am a classically trained musician..I have been to umpteen concerts - Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin mainly - I have seen many virtuoso pianists and violinists mainly in concert and would not enjoy them if I had had alcohol as it spoils concentration for me. Who funded the study? Heineken?

Classically trained musician? That old chestnut. What school?

As there is actually no such thing, it's a made up term for something that doesn't really exist. At most it might suggest you have a degree in music.

BTW. Bach's music isn't really Classical, it's Baroque. Chopin is Romantic (mostly boring Preludes and Etudes). I'm also guessing you mean JS Bach rather than any of his sons...

I can tell BS a mile away. Before anyone says that I don't know anything about "classical" music one of my drinking buddies is Vasily Petrenko and I'm quite often found in the bar at The Phil. First met him over ten years ago in The Swan and started talking about football and music. He even likes Death Metal (contrary to what this interview says) and Slayer.

http://www.getintothis.co.uk/2018/01/va ... ath-metal/
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:59 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
slayerslays wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

Classically trained musician? That old chestnut. What school?

As there is actually no such thing, it's a made up term for something that doesn't really exist. At most it might suggest you have a degree in music.

BTW. Bach's music isn't really Classical, it's Baroque. Chopin is Romantic (mostly boring Preludes and Etudes). I'm also guessing you mean JS Bach rather than any of his sons...

I can tell BS a mile away. Before anyone says that I don't know anything about "classical" music one of my drinking buddies is Vasily Petrenko and I'm quite often found in the bar at The Phil. First met him over ten years ago in The Swan and started talking about football and music. He even likes Death Metal (contrary to what this interview says) and Slayer.

http://www.getintothis.co.uk/2018/01/va ... ath-metal/

I see- one of them.....bye bye....