POWERWOLF - SOULFLY - SWALLOW THE SUN & INCITE - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
administrator
Site Admin

POWERWOLF - SOULFLY - SWALLOW THE SUN & INCITE - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby administrator » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:24 pm

BLOODSTOCK welcomes in 2019 by announcing four new bands for August’s best metal weekender. If you’ve dropped all your money on Christmas and are counting the pennies, the popular ticket payment plan is also now open, breaking that weekend ticket cost into five much more manageable chunks. First things first though, four more join the fray....

POWERWOLF land the coveted main stage special guest slot on Friday. The band tell us "We're looking forward to returning to the mighty BLOODSTOCK Festival after almost ten years to celebrate the metal mass with our friends in the UK - this is going to be a truly wild one!!" The German power metallers released their seventh studio album, ‘The Sacrament of Sin’ in July of last year, from which spawned the vampire-themed video for ‘Killers With The Cross’; https://youtu.be/cXOAcuNhFS4.

SOULFLY also step into a Ronnie James Dio main stage spot on Friday. Frontman Max Cavalera is looking forward to playing at Catton Park, telling us “BLOODSTOCK 2019, get ready! It will be a Cavalera invasion! SOULFLY will be playing a lot of songs off our new album, ‘Ritual’. My son, Richie, is coming with INCITE too and together we will make a day to remember! Fuck yeah! Let the Ritual begin!” SOULFLY released their eleventh studio album, ‘Ritual’ via Nuclear Blast earlier this year. Check out the groove laden title track here; https://youtu.be/z2LHZs7xx-w.

As Max Cavalera pre-empted, Phoenix metal squad, INCITE come to Catton Park for the first time, picking up Friday’s hotly-contested main stage opening spot! With their fifth studio album, ‘Built To Destroy’ landing in stores on 25th Jan via MinusHEAD Records, there’s plenty of catalogue to check out if you’ve not listened to the band before. Maybe start by watching the video to the new album’s title track here; https://youtu.be/CCoGid3u-wc.

Finnish prog doomsters, SWALLOW THE SUN grab themselves an early main stage spot on Saturday. Introduce yourself to their sound with ‘Rooms And Shadows’ - https://youtu.be/0_veG-Hv4I8 - taken from their 2015 album, 'Songs From The North I, II & II'. The band also released the atmospheric and ethereal ‘Lumina Aurea’ EP on the Winter Solstice in December via Century Media.

These four bands join the previously announced Friday night headliner, SABATON, Sunday’s bill toppers SCORPIONS, together with ANTHRAX, DIMMU BORGIR, CHILDREN OF BODOM, CODE ORANGE, SOILWORK, CRADLE OF FILTH, THY ART IS MURDER, TESSERACT, METAL CHURCH, DEATH ANGEL, DEE SNIDER, QUEENSRYCHE, ELUVEITIE, EVIL SCARECROW, ROSS THE BOSS, GRAND MAGUS, ROTTING CHRIST and HYPOCRISY on the Catton Park stages next August. Stay tuned for more bands to be announced soon!

BLOODSTOCK’s very popular ticket payment plan is available now, where you can spread the cost of your standard weekend ticket over 5 affordable instalments! Your first payment of just £36 (initial instalment of £29, plus £7 booking fee) is due at sign up - which you can do at any time until 28th Feb - then four further instalments of £29 will debit your bank account on 3rd April, 1st May, 3rd June, and 2nd July respectively. Please note, VIP tickets are not available on the deposit scheme.

The final allocation of VIP tickets, plus Podpads, Luxpads, Bellepads and Octopads are now on sale, plus a limited number of VIP upgrades (for those who’ve already purchased a standard ticket). For full details click to http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/pages/vip-camping. Standard weekend tickets are also in the ticket store, priced £145 (+ fees), snap yours up at http://bloodstock.seetickets.com.

You can also subscribe to the BLOODSTOCK e-mailout to get band and news announcements as they happen! Click through to http://eepurl.com/dKZrG-/ to sign up.

BLOODSTOCK will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019 :flame:

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Re: POWERWOLF - SOULFLY - SWALLOW THE SUN & INCITE - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby north sea storm » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Confirms my attendance on Friday for 3rd consecutive year .

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Re: POWERWOLF - SOULFLY - SWALLOW THE SUN & INCITE - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:11 pm

north sea storm wrote:Confirms my attendance on Friday for 3rd consecutive year .

I'd already bought the ticket, but this announcement makes the festival even better. Friday is one of the best looking days for my tastes in years. Saturday now improved by the sublime Swallow the Sun
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Powerwolf, very good. Swallow the sun - ok. Soulfly - maybe they will play some Seps. Don't know Incite.

Overall another decent anouncment!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:43 am

Good stuff, Powerwolf and Swallow the Sun are both very much my thing. Soulfly and Incite, not so much, but you can't like everything.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 am

This one's all about Powerwolf. A long overdue and very welcome return to Bloodstock. Two back to back power metal bands might piss off a few people, but I won't be one of them.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 am

Tet wrote:This one's all about Powerwolf. A long overdue and very welcome return to Bloodstock. Two back to back power metal bands might piss off a few people, but I won't be one of them.

What if they stick 2 power metal bands on the Sophie at the same time so they all clash like in 2013?
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Powerwolf - Surprised at the SG position, but the more I think about it, the more I agree that is where they should be. I'm very happy to see them on the line up, creating the first ever double power metal header to a day at Bloodstock! Don't know whether or not to go see them in Bristol in a couple of weeks now...

Swallow the Sun - Probably one of my top 10 favourite bands of all time. I discovered them around the time they played BOA 2008 and Im so glad to see them back. Im personally happy to see them on the mainstage early on, as it will be nostalgic for me having enjoyed them thoroughly in a similar slot back in 2008. New album promises to be excellent as well!

Soulfly - Another band from 2008! I sort of enjoyed their set back then, but I was younger and the band were better. I haven't listened to them for years and I'm hearing that their recent stuff is poor. Ill check out some new stuff and see if I will want to bother catching their set.

Incite - never heard of them, but I see its Max Cavalera's son, so it seems like a waste of a slot for a potentially more deserving band. Reminds me of Rise to Remain playing in (again) 2008 because it was Bruce Dickinson's son!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Leemanruss wrote:Powerwolf - Surprised at the SG position, but the more I think about it, the more I agree that is where they should be. I'm very happy to see them on the line up, creating the first ever double power metal header to a day at Bloodstock! Don't know whether or not to go see them in Bristol in a couple of weeks now...

I'm fairly sure Bristol's sold out so unless you've got tickets you'll have to wait until Bloodstock.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Skippy wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:Powerwolf - Surprised at the SG position, but the more I think about it, the more I agree that is where they should be. I'm very happy to see them on the line up, creating the first ever double power metal header to a day at Bloodstock! Don't know whether or not to go see them in Bristol in a couple of weeks now...

I'm fairly sure Bristol's sold out so unless you've got tickets you'll have to wait until Bloodstock.

Oh right, well that makes the decision easier if it is!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:09 pm

Had a listen to Incite and decided they were a good reason to sleep in on the Friday.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am

Leemanruss wrote:creating the first ever double power metal header to a day at Bloodstock!

Just to be a pedantic dick, 2002 & 2005 (Friday) both head a power headliner & sub :lol:
Closest outdoor is probably 2006, Stratovarius headlining subbed by Turisas.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Jolly Good -except for Powerwolf.....

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 pm

slayerslays wrote:Jolly Good -except for Powerwolf.....

You live in an inverted universe.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Another strong announcement that makes me actually quite tempted. Now just confirm Graveyard after I couldn't see them on tour and I'll be a definite yes!
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1