PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

Postby cheesemason » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 am

devilman wrote: Seems a shame they won't get many "open minds" to sway.

Patronising wanker

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 pm

devilman wrote:Apart from the last album which seems a bit cheesy I quite like PWD. I saw half their set at Download a few years ago and they were really good. I'm looking forward to seeing them headline. Seems a shame they won't get many "open minds" to sway. I have found the reaction a bit bewildering but also entertaining. This 53 year old teenager only likes one genre - stuff I like! If i don't like it I do something else. Simples. It's not like they booked BMTH or anything is it? :)

Which makes their booking totally pointless.

If you want to get new people to listen to your music then you play a festival that has a more diverse fanbase rather than a small festival that mainly has traditional Heavy Metal and extreme Metal. Download, Leeds/Reading, IOW, Bestival, etc. would be much more apt.

They are more trespassing on our territory rather than the other way round. No one asked for them and if you asked the majority of BOA attendees then they would have preferred Manowar or Slayer. Both playing final dates yet are playing elsewhere.

But I must ask, if they are so good then why didn't you watch the whole set rather than half of it? :?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:10 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I also accidentally heard the new Papa Roach album recently. That was embarrassing.

Secret's out now, forever tainted now :P

Nah. My niece was playing it. She's of that generation who was a kid when all that Nu Metal stuff came out.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Tet wrote:A comment on the Bloodstock Facebook page:
Look Black Sabbath and Metallica and ACDC got their fame and fortune in a year where they have no competition. If they had to compete with bands like lamb of God Killswitch Engage Parkway Drive sikth jinja System of a Down Gojira then I can honestly say they wouldn't be as big as they are.

I genuinely don't know where to begin other than to shake my head in disbelief.

I'm more concerned there's a band called "lamb of God Killswitch Engage Parkway Drive sikth jinja System of a Down Gojira"
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Tet wrote:A comment on the Bloodstock Facebook page:
Look Black Sabbath and Metallica and ACDC got their fame and fortune in a year where they have no competition. If they had to compete with bands like lamb of God Killswitch Engage Parkway Drive sikth jinja System of a Down Gojira then I can honestly say they wouldn't be as big as they are.

I genuinely don't know where to begin other than to shake my head in disbelief.

Has to be a troll, that can't be the thoughts of anything else.
So I gave Parkway Drive a listen out of morbid curiosity and it was all godawful, the latest album Reverence was listenable but meh, no idea how they've got so big. It kind of sounded like a cross between a bad Fear Factory lite crossed over with Disturbed and My Chemical Romance, with some metalcore and spin kick, fist flying twat breakdowns for the "tough" kids. Here's hoping something good is on in the Sophie tent, unless the organiser's decide to torture us with something bad there at the same time as well in order to punish us for our dissent :lol:

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:00 pm

There are no bands on in the tent while the RJD headliner is on unfortunately.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00 am

fluffkitten wrote:There are no bands on in the tent while the RJD headliner is on unfortunately.

Then we should all gather in the Sophie tent during Parkway Drive and sing classic Metal songs.

Re!
Spect!
Walk!
Whaddya say?
Ah ya tokkin ta me?

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:14 am

I would 100% rather watch Parkway than listen to Pantera.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

devilman
Lowly Peon

Postby devilman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 am

cheesemason wrote:
devilman wrote: Seems a shame they won't get many "open minds" to sway.

Patronising wanker

Whoa there buttercup. I'm speaking as one of the very few neutrals here. it seems people either love them or are disgusted that they are booked. There seem to be very few willing to give them a try and see what it's all about, that was my point. If you want a name calling competition though I'm all over that too. Thursday night at some point, next to the big wheel?

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Which makes their booking totally pointless.

If you want to get new people to listen to your music then you play a festival that has a more diverse fanbase rather than a small festival that mainly has traditional Heavy Metal and extreme Metal. Download, Leeds/Reading, IOW, Bestival, etc. would be much more apt.

[snip]

But I must ask, if they are so good then why didn't you watch the whole set rather than half of it? :?

There is only Download, Bloodstock and L/R that they could play. They're too big and too "metal" for anything else, despite what some of the Bloodstock faithful might think.
I left at Download to watch another band I liked more. I checked them out en route, gave them a chance, was fairly impressed. Did nothing about it apart from hearing the odd spotify track till now. Listened some more, like some of their stuff, think I will enjoy watching them. If I don't I'll go to the bar or another stage. I can't get all upset about this. Sorry.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:42 am

i0th wrote:I would 100% rather watch Parkway than listen to Pantera.

All things on the table I'd take an electric screwdriver to the kneecaps than do either of those things.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 am

Black Wizard wrote:
fluffkitten wrote:There are no bands on in the tent while the RJD headliner is on unfortunately.

Then we should all gather in the Sophie tent during Parkway Drive and sing classic Metal songs.

Re!
Spect!
Walk!
Whaddya say?
Ah ya tokkin ta me?

Awesome idea, I'm up for this, let's do it. Maybe we can drown out parkway drive with our vocal performance

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Black Wizard wrote:

Re!
Spect!
Walk!
Whaddya say?
Ah ya tokkin ta me?

Only if we can gather around the campsite afterwards and drink many a teary eyed toast to the days when metal was metal and no dirty Australians could take that away from us (apart from AC/DC) Perhaps if we sing loud enough Dimebag will rise from the dead, Slayer will postpone their disbandment and that thrash jazz poetry band from the arse end of no where will finally get ' the headline slot they deserve' despite having a fan base of 4

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Opinions are like arseholes keep them to your self. I never liked Parkway Drive until i went and seen them at the Motopoint arena Nottingham recently. They blew me away with there stage show and fucking love them. So Saturday i will be there to see them.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:16 pm

MadManiac wrote:Opinions are like arseholes keep them to your self.

That'd be really dull at an orgy.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:16 pm

MadManiac wrote:Opinions are like arseholes keep them to your self. I never liked Parkway Drive until i went and seen them at the Motopoint arena Nottingham recently. They blew me away with there stage show and fucking love them. So Saturday i will be there to see them.

So why have you given us your opinion if everyone should keep them to themselves????

I watched one Parkway Drive song on youtube and it was utter wank, I was about to say I'm going to Brutal Assault, so I won't have to suffer even being at the same festival as them, but the useless cunts just got booked for BA too.