PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

Postby jwh20 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:54 pm

^nailed it. Not really bothered PWD are announced for brutal assault because I know there will be at least two other bands playing the same time.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Tankplanker wrote:If they put on a small ish band on one of the other stages who was an opposite genre at the same time as the headliners I'd probably be still going. Or even if it had been on the Sunday, as I hate Nightwish and I just went home early. Saturday I'm trapped. Instead I'm off to Brutal Assault if I can shift my tickets.

I was thinking the same thing; they could easily make use of the New Blood Stage as it always finishes pretty early in there. Perhaps they could have a headline band after all of the M2TM winners at the end of each day that are a different style to the RJD headliners. They wouldn't have to be big bands, just newer bands that have perhaps played the festival before such as Boss Keloid, Footprints in the Custard, Raised by Owls or Eradicator for example.

Do you have a link to the ticket you're selling btw? :)

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Sure, here. Hopefully that doesn't break any forum rules. VIP upgrade available as well.

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
MadManiac wrote:You watched one Parkway Drive song on youtube and you think it was utter wank. So what if you don't like them go to some other stage and watch some other band. They are headlineing B.O.A deal with it. Just cuz you think they are utter wank don't mean that other people think in the same way.

Can't you read?

There are NO bands on other stages when the headliners are on. That was actually pointed out on the page that you are quoting from. It's always been like that apart from one year when they had alternative bands on the tent stage.

Have you even been to BOA? If you had you would know that. 2008 sign up and has never attended? :?

Yes plenty of B.O.A thankyou.

wolfgangpiranha
Lowly Peon

Postby wolfgangpiranha » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Tet wrote:A comment on the Bloodstock Facebook page:
Look Black Sabbath and Metallica and ACDC got their fame and fortune in a year where they have no competition. If they had to compete with bands like lamb of God Killswitch Engage Parkway Drive sikth jinja System of a Down Gojira then I can honestly say they wouldn't be as big as they are.

I genuinely don't know where to begin other than to shake my head in disbelief.

Exactly!!!

I am fortunate enough to have been born in the 60's and got to see the best of punk, metal, thrash, death etc etc. from the raw beginnings through its development and evolution, and what a joy it was and still is. The millenials who are coming out with ignorant bullshit statements about the bands with a massive pedigree having no competition etc back then , prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have their heads jammed up their own arses and are far from open minded ,beyond the little bubble they exist in , spouting crap like they invented underground music.

To myself Parkway dive epitomises the pretty pop angst of the modern generation where you can feel angry about your hair being slightly messy and your skinny jeans are not distressed enough to get into the cool alternative clique.

Drop any one of em into an Exploited gig back in the early 80's and they'd run away with shit running down their legs. Moshing was for real and you left the pit knackered and bleeding unlike the circle jerk love in it has become.

All hail the ass hats!!!!!

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:32 pm

wolfgangpiranha wrote:
Tet wrote:A comment on the Bloodstock Facebook page:
Look Black Sabbath and Metallica and ACDC got their fame and fortune in a year where they have no competition. If they had to compete with bands like lamb of God Killswitch Engage Parkway Drive sikth jinja System of a Down Gojira then I can honestly say they wouldn't be as big as they are.

I genuinely don't know where to begin other than to shake my head in disbelief.

Exactly!!!

I am fortunate enough to have been born in the 60's and got to see the best of punk, metal, thrash, death etc etc. from the raw beginnings through its development and evolution, and what a joy it was and still is. The millenials who are coming out with ignorant bullshit statements about the bands with a massive pedigree having no competition etc back then , prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have their heads jammed up their own arses and are far from open minded ,beyond the little bubble they exist in , spouting crap like they invented underground music.

To myself Parkway dive epitomises the pretty pop angst of the modern generation where you can feel angry about your hair being slightly messy and your skinny jeans are not distressed enough to get into the cool alternative clique.

Drop any one of em into an Exploited gig back in the early 80's and they'd run away with shit running down their legs. Moshing was for real and you left the pit knackered and bleeding unlike the circle jerk love in it has become.

All hail the ass hats!!!!!

Wow! I mean where do I begin with that statement? First and foremost, you clearly havent listened to Parkway drive as not a single song to my knowledge is about hair.

Second, Your rhetoric about the good old days is flawed. You complain about the 'millenials' and the 'modern generation' not knowing what it was like back then when clearly your grasp on the modern scene is tenuous at best. You are the other side of the same ignorant penny. The millenials weren't there at the birth of the scene, but you know what, you ARE here for the evolution of the scene so try and have a bit of understanding. For the record I can take or leave Parkway but I feel like I always have to say something when people are displaying less tact than a sledge hammer.
P.S All those band that made up the formation of the scene, were they instantly liked or were they dealt a good deal of hatred and shunned just like any new band/genre? How many are still shunned today or not given the appropriate limelight? I for one would be dreadfully bored if metal still looked like it did back your day

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:34 am

Just been analyzing the line up- listening to the PD video on the BOA site here- listened to other tracks on Youtube- how are they the headliner, the vocals are weak? The sophie stage is looking great ....

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:56 pm

slayerslays wrote:Just been analyzing the line up- listening to the PD video on the BOA site here- listened to other tracks on Youtube- how are they the headliner, the vocals are weak? The sophie stage is looking great ....

Possibly something to do with them being big enough to play Wembley arena, shift a shed load of tickets and having a big stage show? Just a thought

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:21 pm

That's one of the problems with picking bands by how "big" or popular they are rather than how suitable they are.

They might be able to fill Wembley or other arenas. But how many of those people are going to turn up to a field in the middle of nowhere just to see them. At a festival full of bands that they have probably never heard of.

Notice there were still VIP packages available until the other day? They are normally sold out months ago.

Does that mean that more people are going for day tickets to see one band, whether it's PD or Scorpions? Not good if you want the festival to survive as you need people on site and spending money at the bars and food outlets.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:38 am

I reckon they'll shift loads of day tickets for Parkway, if that impacts weekend though then could be a poor trade off.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:50 am

i0th wrote:I reckon they'll shift loads of day tickets for Parkway, if that impacts weekend though then could be a poor trade off.

Yep - any the further problem there is "let's turn up an hour before PWD, watch the end of whatever is on before them", as if it's a normal show. These folks don't spend at the bar / merch tent / market / hang out at the other stages and see the smaller bands.
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 am

i0th wrote:I reckon they'll shift loads of day tickets for Parkway, if that impacts weekend though then could be a poor trade off.

I'm kind of expecting this year to be a bit quieter overall. Not because of Bloodstock's line up but because of Download's. Seems a lot of people chose Download over Bloodstock this year because of the sheer amount of big metal bands they had there. Then again there seems to be a lot of people doing BOA this year for the first time so it might cancel itself out!

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Methuen wrote:

Yep - any the further problem there is "let's turn up an hour before PWD, watch the end of whatever is on before them", as if it's a normal show. These folks don't spend at the bar / merch tent / market / hang out at the other stages and see the smaller bands.

That'll be the worry and why they booked similar shite for the undercard that day in Code Orange and Thy Art to get people in earlier. You could label Cancer Bats with them too but I'm loathe to do so because I actually like Cancer Bats.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Oh and cos Metal Hammer sez so it must be the gospel :rolleyes:

And even that review hardly says they brought the house down, and has quite a few negative things to say.