PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 pm

I wasn't there and have no opinion on parkway drive. I believe the organisers can book whomever they like but the article clearly says they had the same crowd as evil scarecrow. So that doesn't sound like a success. Just having loads of pyros doesn't make them a successful headliner.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:51 pm

I saw PD at Brutal Assault at the weekend, got bored after 2 songs and went to see some thing else.

Gutalax, a Czech grindcore band who played at 10am in the morning and do songs about shit, had a far bigger crowd that Parkway Drive.

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Ghost wrote:I wasn't there and have no opinion on parkway drive. I believe the organisers can book whomever they like but the article clearly says they had the same crowd as evil scarecrow. So that doesn't sound like a success. Just having loads of pyros doesn't make them a successful headliner.

Well from where i was standing PD had a decent crowd then Evil Scarcrow. I know Facebook folkes gave them a good review so the haters must be on this forum.

It all so said gale force winds. Ummm i don't think so. Think it was just a plan to fill the canceled Dimmu slot and move COF to Sunday cuz Bloodstock f'''k up on not finding anyone to fill that slot.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 am

MadManiac wrote:
Ghost wrote:I wasn't there and have no opinion on parkway drive. I believe the organisers can book whomever they like but the article clearly says they had the same crowd as evil scarecrow. So that doesn't sound like a success. Just having loads of pyros doesn't make them a successful headliner.

Well from where i was standing PD had a decent crowd then Evil Scarcrow. I know Facebook folkes gave them a good review so the haters must be on this forum.

It all so said gale force winds. Ummm i don't think so. Think it was just a plan to fill the canceled Dimmu slot and move COF to Sunday cuz Bloodstock f'''k up on not finding anyone to fill that slot.

Probably just Parkway Drive fans on Facebook giving their favourite band support. Most people on the FB page have never attended Bloodstock. 147,000+ as well as those that use Twitter instead. Yep. They all attend every year. In fact that is probably close to how many have ever attended without counting the people that go every year. Don't forget it was only a few thousand for the first few years.

Cradle of Filth had problems with their flight being delayed/cancelled. The same problem Anthrax had.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Not saying they was the most perfect band who had ever played at Bloodstock. But they was certainly the best headline act on the main stage. Tbh I don't really care what people say about them cuz I enjoyed every bit of there set on Saturday. Probably a few years ago when I did not even think about PD I would be saying the same thing about them but I gave them a chance when I saw them at the motor point arena in Nottingham and I am glad I did.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Sabaton were the best (mainstage headliner) Scorpions the worst, so Parkway get themselves second place.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Loving the continuing Parkway Aggro

As I said on the facebook page - I'm looking forwards to the 2020 headliners, if only so that we can hear about someone other than tHe FuTuRe oF mEtAl !
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019