PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
varangian
Consort of the Beast

Re: PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

Postby varangian » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Well BOA retweeted this from some dude who looks like he gets his Mum to iron his brand new Tallica T-shirt before he goes to Download

"Needless to say, anyone who dares say no to this is a cunt. Fair play Bloodstock, this line-up is stunning. Parkway, Code Orange & ThyArt on the same day... my god!"

Well that's me told then! :lol:

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 am

There's been a lot of retweeting praise from both the BOA account & Vicky which is a bit self-indulgent.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 am

To be honest Vicky and the official Twitter feed has been pissing me off. Seems you aren't allowed not to like them.

The argument of whether they fit or not is one thing, but to be told I have to like them or not be welcome at the festival is childish beyond belief. I've been coming since 2008 and this kind of metal just isn't my thing

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:25 pm

Eh, the social media bollocks is nothing new as far as I recall (don't use it, so I can't confirm) -- no matter who is booked, people will complain about it, so drawing attention to the positive responses seems sensible to me.

As always, the best way to show your displeasure with the booking is to vote with your feet and just not watch that particular band (or get a day ticket instead of a weekend ticket, etc.). Unless the band pulls out, the headliner isn't going to change, and people saying they don't like the band isn't going to cause the band to pull out.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:26 pm

Memestock

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:17 pm

WorMzy wrote:Eh, the social media bollocks is nothing new as far as I recall (don't use it, so I can't confirm) -- no matter who is booked, people will complain about it, so drawing attention to the positive responses seems sensible to me.

As always, the best way to show your displeasure with the booking is to vote with your feet and just not watch that particular band (or get a day ticket instead of a weekend ticket, etc.). Unless the band pulls out, the headliner isn't going to change, and people saying they don't like the band isn't going to cause the band to pull out.

Nah. It's mainly just teenager fans of the band that can't grasp the fact that people don't like their favourite band and anyone with a different opinion are just "Elitists".

I think people need to buy a dictionary and then point out what is wrong with being elite.

elite
Dictionary result for elite
/eɪˈliːt,ɪˈliːt/
noun
noun: elite; plural noun: elites
a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:23 pm

I agree the social media handling of this announcement has been terrible. The other day Vicky posted a rant on a Facebook group, saying how "disappointed" she was at the fact people didn't like it and that people were being childish. Within a few minutes comments were turned off on that post as people were perfectly reasonably stating that they didn't like them. Apparently they are such a "hard working band" that its not ok to dislike them. Leaving aside the fact that other bands have probably worked twice as hard for half the success, its weird that it's only been Parkway that have had that kind of response, after all the other bands that have had similar responses.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Skippy wrote:I agree the social media handling of this announcement has been terrible. The other day Vicky posted a rant on a Facebook group, saying how "disappointed" she was at the fact people didn't like it and that people were being childish. Within a few minutes comments were turned off on that post as people were perfectly reasonably stating that they didn't like them. Apparently they are such a "hard working band" that its not ok to dislike them. Leaving aside the fact that other bands have probably worked twice as hard for half the success, its weird that it's only been Parkway that have had that kind of response, after all the other bands that have had similar responses.

Today the facebook group shared a Metal Hammer article mocking the responses of people. To be honest it's quite frankly embarrassing how the organisers and sponsors are responding to the backlash of what they could have surely predicted was a Saturday lineup that really wouldn't appeal to the traditional audience of the festival, though admittedly there is some overreaction.

Friday and Sunday are still looking good so I will probably go this year, but if this is the contempt they hold for the people who have supported the festival for years and years I may look elsewhere in 2020.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Memestock

Parkway Drive will not divide us :lol:

Reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjAtNyDGhM

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:26 am

houston4044 wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:Memestock

Parkway Drive will not divide us :lol:

Reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjAtNyDGhM

“That is irrelevant” :lol:

wolfgangpiranha
Lowly Peon

Postby wolfgangpiranha » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:31 pm

Each to their own, but to me, they are just bland crap and metal core or whatever the f.... that is supposed to be is something I couldn't care about. Give me thrash, death metal or good ole heavy metal but can the millenials crap. Alternative didn't start in the 90's like some seem to think. It started back in the 70's when I was a young kid. I gotta laugh when I see a band like this headline bloodstock and one of the pioneers of death metal MASTER get overlooked by the organisers year in year out. Pretty damn lame. If you ask me.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:55 pm

This'll still shift tickets yet we'll still have our well renowned and love Bloodstock atmosphere. Previous eyebrow raising bookings have reassured me of that. It probably won't be my kind of thing but with the usual insane hit rate of bands I will watch, and for the fact I'm usually too knackered or drunk by the time the headliners are on to fully appreciate them, I actually don't care. This is still going to be another brilliant, busy Bloodstock for me.

Oh, and don't think the organisers get bollocked just for booking -core bands... Remember the "Too Much Melodeath" shite members of this forum gave them in 2008?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:27 pm

wolfgangpiranha wrote:I gotta laugh when I see a band like this headline bloodstock and one of the pioneers of death metal MASTER get overlooked by the organisers year in year out. Pretty damn lame. If you ask me.

As much as I'd prefer to watch Master over Parkway Drive, the organizers are in the business of putting on a festival that will shift 18,000 tickets. Having an arena sized headlining band will help do that. Putting on a band who would struggle to even half fill the Underworld won't.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:41 pm

But surely that is what the tent should be getting used for. Master would be ideal in a similar slot to which Exhorder had last year.

There are hundreds of bands that have more than earned the right to play, probably more so than many of the bands that do get booked. Yet it's the same old bands getting booked constantly every two or three years.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:But surely that is what the tent should be getting used for. Master would be ideal in a similar slot to which Exhorder had last year.

Hadn't considered this but now you've mentioned it, I want it :lol: