PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Re: PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

Postby Blake_Porter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:57 am

The thing that annoys me the most about the Facebook page is that 95% of the people telling the complainers to suck it up, are part of the 80-90k people who like the page but have no intentions of ever going to BOA at all. They’re the kind of people who tags their mates in the most recent announcement like:

“Jordan Johnson Katie Potter Mitchell Woodman this lineup looks sick we should go”

But then don’t go because they go to Download for the 8th year in a row.

Also, shoutout to Bloodstock Facebook page admin for deleting their shared post from Metal Hammer that made fun of people complaining and is now trying to take the moral high ground telling people that hateful comments will be deleted.

wolfgangpiranha
Lowly Peon

Postby wolfgangpiranha » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:48 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:But surely that is what the tent should be getting used for. Master would be ideal in a similar slot to which Exhorder had last year.

There are hundreds of bands that have more than earned the right to play, probably more so than many of the bands that do get booked. Yet it's the same old bands getting booked constantly every two or three years.

Exactly my point. I wasn't saying that they should headline at all but should be playing a festival such as this. A slot in the Sophie Lancaster stage would be ideal.

I am friends with Paul Speckman and have chatted to him about Bloodstock and the we need to find a way to get Master to be booked asap. I was a guest on Masters last UK tour and thanked Paul for dedicating a song to myself. (betrayal) at the Manchester gig.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Blake_Porter wrote: have no intentions of ever going to BOA at all...But then don’t go because they go to Download for the 8th year in a row.

Welcome to the internet, you can argue and debate the merits of things just by the concept rather than the reality.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:36 pm

It would be hilarious if all those people turned up. All 142,592 of them...
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:37 pm

wolfgangpiranha wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:But surely that is what the tent should be getting used for. Master would be ideal in a similar slot to which Exhorder had last year.

There are hundreds of bands that have more than earned the right to play, probably more so than many of the bands that do get booked. Yet it's the same old bands getting booked constantly every two or three years.

Exactly my point. I wasn't saying that they should headline at all but should be playing a festival such as this. A slot in the Sophie Lancaster stage would be ideal.

I am friends with Paul Speckman and have chatted to him about Bloodstock and the we need to find a way to get Master to be booked asap. I was a guest on Masters last UK tour and thanked Paul for dedicating a song to myself. (betrayal) at the Manchester gig.

You would be surprised at the amount of times I've had similar conversations with bands that have never been asked to play or have been flatly turned down. Some of them quite big bands.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:44 pm

A comment on the Bloodstock Facebook page:
Look Black Sabbath and Metallica and ACDC got their fame and fortune in a year where they have no competition. If they had to compete with bands like lamb of God Killswitch Engage Parkway Drive sikth jinja System of a Down Gojira then I can honestly say they wouldn't be as big as they are.

I genuinely don't know where to begin other than to shake my head in disbelief.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:17 am

Nearly as retarded as this one I saw earlier. Then I realised it's the same fuckwit. :lol:

Thank you Bloodstock for mixing it up. Parkway are a killer band and will do one hell of a show. The butt hurt ass hats can go back to the tent and drink and cry that the ture metal band they love is not playing or headlining.

Its 2019 not 1979 or 1989. Get out and check out new bands and stop living in the dark ages.

Marc Cross Denzel Baldueza pop? As in popular that's a good thing. The so-called golden ages the industry is very different also technology was limited. The new wave of metal is proving that metal has progressed getting more complex guitar playing and new sounds.

The Golden ages majority of them bands are coming to shelf life they are either doing final tours or passing away it's time to embrace passing on the torch. Without these new bands coming through you'll be living in the world of cover bands.

Also some of the Golden Age bands are way too expensive to even put them on the bill. The only reason Judas Priest got booked and paid for was because of Ghost ( will have to point out not a fan of either) but respect the reasons behind it.

:?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:33 am

I also don't understand the references to Parkway Drive as being the future. According to Wiki they've been going since 2003 so I'm guessing they aren't exactly teenagers.

I also accidentally heard the new Papa Roach album recently. That was embarrassing. Middle aged blokes doing teenage angst ridden songs. A bit like Wheatus still singing about being a Teenage Dirtbag when they're in their forties. :lol:

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:21 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Nearly as retarded as this one I saw earlier. Then I realised it's the same fuckwit. :lol:

Thank you Bloodstock for mixing it up. Parkway are a killer band and will do one hell of a show. The butt hurt ass hats can go back to the tent and drink and cry that the ture metal band they love is not playing or headlining.

Its 2019 not 1979 or 1989. Get out and check out new bands and stop living in the dark ages.

Marc Cross Denzel Baldueza pop? As in popular that's a good thing. The so-called golden ages the industry is very different also technology was limited. The new wave of metal is proving that metal has progressed getting more complex guitar playing and new sounds.

The Golden ages majority of them bands are coming to shelf life they are either doing final tours or passing away it's time to embrace passing on the torch. Without these new bands coming through you'll be living in the world of cover bands.

Also some of the Golden Age bands are way too expensive to even put them on the bill. The only reason Judas Priest got booked and paid for was because of Ghost ( will have to point out not a fan of either) but respect the reasons behind it.

:?

Never trust anyone who uses the term asshat

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

I'm sorry but in response to peoples comments about Bloodstock handling the press side of this badly I think you need to go back and actually read Vicky's comments. She was quite clear that her issue was with the people saying nasty things. I know they aren't for everyone. I've said before there are a hundred bands I would have over PD but whether I like a band or not its called 'being a decent human being' to not sound off like a petulant child just because you don't like them. By all means express your discontent. That's the beauty of free speech but for the love of *insert relevant deity, lord, demon or God* don't be a wank muffin about it.

P.s All these folk saying they know nothing about Parkway or have never heard of them before and yet claim that 'they aren't big enough' Makes sense!

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 am

J.Ross29 wrote:I'm sorry but in response to peoples comments about Bloodstock handling the press side of this badly I think you need to go back and actually read Vicky's comments. She was quite clear that her issue was with the people saying nasty things.

The official Bloodstock twitter feed literally retweeted

Elliot @z0neofdanger wrote:Needless to say, anyone who dares say no to this is a cunt. Fair play Bloodstock, this line-up is stunning. Parkway, Code Orange & ThyArt on the same day... my god!

Then days later they say "any comments that are seen to be hateful, abusive or bullying in nature will be deleted and clocked immediately." They fucked up by being throwing fuel on the flames then come across as hypocrites when trying to backtrack.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:04 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I also accidentally heard the new Papa Roach album recently. That was embarrassing.

Secret's out now, forever tainted now :P

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 am

J.Ross29 wrote:I'm sorry but in response to peoples comments about Bloodstock handling the press side of this badly I think you need to go back and actually read Vicky's comments. She was quite clear that her issue was with the people saying nasty things. I know they aren't for everyone. I've said before there are a hundred bands I would have over PD but whether I like a band or not its called 'being a decent human being' to not sound off like a petulant child just because you don't like them. By all means express your discontent. That's the beauty of free speech but for the love of *insert relevant deity, lord, demon or God* don't be a wank muffin about it.

P.s All these folk saying they know nothing about Parkway or have never heard of them before and yet claim that 'they aren't big enough' Makes sense!

You can’t fool me, Vickie

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:38 am

Blake_Porter wrote:
J.Ross29 wrote:I'm sorry but in response to peoples comments about Bloodstock handling the press side of this badly I think you need to go back and actually read Vicky's comments. She was quite clear that her issue was with the people saying nasty things. I know they aren't for everyone. I've said before there are a hundred bands I would have over PD but whether I like a band or not its called 'being a decent human being' to not sound off like a petulant child just because you don't like them. By all means express your discontent. That's the beauty of free speech but for the love of *insert relevant deity, lord, demon or God* don't be a wank muffin about it.

You can’t fool me, Vickie

Haha you got me. If only I was half as good looking!

devilman
Lowly Peon

Postby devilman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 am

Apart from the last album which seems a bit cheesy I quite like PWD. I saw half their set at Download a few years ago and they were really good. I'm looking forward to seeing them headline. Seems a shame they won't get many "open minds" to sway. I have found the reaction a bit bewildering but also entertaining. This 53 year old teenager only likes one genre - stuff I like! If i don't like it I do something else. Simples. It's not like they booked BMTH or anything is it? :)